Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A bit of help needed

Wikiposts

A bit of help needed

Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:56 am
true blue

paul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A bit of help needed

Originally Posted by claireg
Thanks
When / where you looking to go to oz ?
yea my girlfreind is dying to get out there im doing my part 2 eletrical :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:03 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul geezer
yea my girlfreind is dying to get out there im doing my part 2 eletrical :scared:
paul ,
you need to decide which state and check the laws for sparks they are real srict on plumbers fridgies and sparks in particular find out what cert's are trasferable and what tests you need to do here to get a liecence .

one problem for brickies in QLD is they still biuld with weather board and other materials .
good luck to all with what ever you do
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:38 am
Just Joined

chrisobrien7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: A bit of help needed

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello, can't help with your question but wanted to welcome you to the site anyway

Sent you some Karma

Kath x
Hi there Kath.

My name is Jane and I am new to this as well!
Do you know anything about business visa's my head is in a swizzle!! I am hoping to get a sponsored visa with my job, but my husband is self employed and will work from home to look after our daughter.

I'd love to chat about living in Auz if you have the time.

Speak soon

Jx
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisobrien7
Hi there Kath.

Do you know anything about business visa's my head is in a swizzle!! I am hoping to get a sponsored visa with my job, but my husband is self employed and will work from home to look after our daughter.

Speak soon

Jx

I answered your question on your thread (save me repeating it)
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:22 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Kath.

Speak soon

Jx
Hello Jane, I see Wendy has already answered for you She knows A LOT more than me anyway Well about Visas (not about music)

I don't live in Oz yet either so can't help much there. Anything else I can help you with though just give me a shout

Kath xxx
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

chrisobrien7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Jane, I see Wendy has already answered for you She knows A LOT more than me anyway Well about Visas (not about music)

I don't live in Oz yet either so can't help much there. Anything else I can help you with though just give me a shout

Kath xxx
Thanks, do you have your visa yet, when are you planning on going?
jx
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:27 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, do you have your visa yet, when are you planning on going?
jx
No visa yet, we submitted in July so playing the waiting game

We THINK we're going to Perth - but who knows by the time we are ready to move you will probably have to be a zilliionaire to live there. In which case we'll move in with Wendy instead
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We THINK we're going to Perth - but who knows by the time we are ready to move you will probably have to be a zilliionaire to live there. D
Noooooo....go over east, you'll get so much more for your money. It's really stupid here.If we sold up here and moved to Brisbane (which OH wants to do) we could have a lovely gaff on acreage. That sort of set up here? In our dreams
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Noooooo....go over east, you'll get so much more for your money. It's really stupid here.If we sold up here and moved to Brisbane (which OH wants to do) we could have a lovely gaff on acreage. That sort of set up here? In our dreams
I hear what you're saying Tracey I understand there's way more work in WA for Dale though. I dunno, Dale would love acreage but don't think we could bear the humidity of the East. It's a nightmare trying to decide. We've only ever been to Perth too so that's another thing that swings us towards it. The prices are hellishly scary now though
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear what you're saying Tracey I understand there's way more work in WA for Dale though. I dunno, Dale would love acreage but don't think we could bear the humidity of the East. It's a nightmare trying to decide. We've only ever been to Perth too so that's another thing that swings us towards it. The prices are hellishly scary now though
Oh decisions, decisions! Wouldn't it be nice to sample life in both places and see which one worked the best for you all? Ermmm...yeah, sample life in both places...that's a point. Why don't you do that? You're hubby can take his trade anywhere, monkey is still young enough to cope no worries. Why don't you give it 6 months here renting, you'll get a feel for areas, environment etc and you'll suss out just how damn stupid the prices have gone here. Then, after 6 months you can assess the situ and bugger off to Brissy if you want.
Once you leave the UK you're free to do what the hell you want.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh decisions, decisions! Wouldn't it be nice to sample life in both places and see which one worked the best for you all? Ermmm...yeah, sample life in both places...that's a point. Why don't you do that? You're hubby can take his trade anywhere, monkey is still young enough to cope no worries. Why don't you give it 6 months here renting, you'll get a feel for areas, environment etc and you'll suss out just how damn stupid the prices have gone here. Then, after 6 months you can assess the situ and bugger off to Brissy if you want.
Once you leave the UK you're free to do what the hell you want.
Lol Tracey you're so right - Dale was saying this to me last night "Kath, we can go wherever we want, we haven't got to stay in one place" Hmmm I say, that's true We're definitely going to rent for a bit see how it goes.

Ooh I'll be just like the littlest hobo Err no dog jokes everyone thanks!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Neil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aston man
hi clare,i have done a fare bit of research on the old bricklaying,i am a brickie myself.im off to perth.i believe that the rate is from $250 to $350 a day,as for queensland im not that sure,but you will get your answer,im sure.
Is it still $250-$350 a day, and do they do price work as well as day rate? What's the boom like in Perth? Easy to get a job or not?

Reards, Neil from Derby