Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A bit of help needed

Wikiposts

A bit of help needed

Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:44 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of
Smile A bit of help needed

Hi all

We're new to the site me, hubby (brickie) and our daughter (4yrs). Ive been sitting reading the threads for the last hour and you all seam nice and full of information. Have i groveled enough now?

We are looking to move out to Brisbane but having read the site and got slightly confused!!! is there a call for brickies in Queensland? and if so does anyone know the going rate? oh yeah and whats the best suburbs for schools shopping etc.

If you haven't fallen asleep a reply would be great.

Thanks
Claire
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:57 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bit of help needed

Originally Posted by claireg
Hi all

We're new to the site me, hubby (brickie) and our daughter (4yrs). Ive been sitting reading the threads for the last hour and you all seam nice and full of information. Have i groveled enough now?

We are looking to move out to Brisbane but having read the site and got slightly confused!!! is there a call for brickies in Queensland? and if so does anyone know the going rate? oh yeah and whats the best suburbs for schools shopping etc.

Thanks
Claire
hi clare,i have done a fare bit of research on the old bricklaying,i am a brickie myself.im off to perth.i believe that the rate is from $250 to $350 a day,as for queensland im not that sure,but you will get your answer,im sure.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:29 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks
Claire
just checked seek (www.seek.com.au)one of the best employment sites in aust and there are 3 jobs for brickies advertised (may get a bigger response from biulders) In QLD average for a brickie is $22-$28 p/h(£9-£12 p/h)if you go subbing you may do better but from what I'm told by the people who do the job work is patchie and only well paid if you get onto a big contract.
I couldn't tell you where in Brissie is good or bad haven't lived there just visited. you could also use the online yellow pages call some of the biuldcompanies in Brisse and ask directly will also give you an Idea of work availability just be carful on being told when you land you've got a job alot of red tape in QLD .hope this helps.

Last edited by toandfro; Nov 19th 2006 at 8:35 am. Reason: add a bit
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:28 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by toandfro
just checked seek (www.seek.com.au)one of the best employment sites in aust and there are 3 jobs for brickies advertised (may get a bigger response from biulders) In QLD average for a brickie is $22-$28 p/h(£9-£12 p/h)if you go subbing you may do better but from what I'm told by the people who do the job work is patchie and only well paid if you get onto a big contract.
I couldn't tell you where in Brissie is good or bad haven't lived there just visited. you could also use the online yellow pages call some of the biuldcompanies in Brisse and ask directly will also give you an Idea of work availability just be carful on being told when you land you've got a job alot of red tape in QLD .hope this helps.
Thanks for your help, every time i go on seek i cant find anything for him but a few jobs for me!!

We might try and look at Perth but Brisbane is our first choice.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:03 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help, every time i go on seek i cant find anything for him but a few jobs for me!!

We might try and look at Perth but Brisbane is our first choice.
Hello, can't help with your question but wanted to welcome you to the site anyway

Sent you some Karma

Kath x
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:30 am
Claireg

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello, can't help with your question but wanted to welcome you to the site anyway

Sent you some Karma

Kath x
Thanks, not a problem not answering my question thanks for being friendly

Claire
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:33 am
true blue

paul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, not a problem not answering my question thanks for being friendly

Claire
yea hello there welcome im new myself :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:36 am
Claireg

Originally Posted by paul geezer
yea hello there welcome im new myself :scared:
Bit scary when you know no-one isnt it??? :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:36 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks
Claire
Hello there and welcome to the madhouse.........
we were in Queensland in august and hubby was practically offered a job while we were there!!!!! He was told there was lots of work there for builders/carpenters etc.....Good Luck C x
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:38 am
Claireg

Originally Posted by shiels
Hello there and welcome to the madhouse.........
we were in Queensland in august and hubby was practically offered a job while we were there!!!!! He was told there was lots of work there for builders/carpenters etc.....Good Luck C x
Thats brill your the 1st person to really say that they need builders, hubby gone to the pub in a huff thinking we may have to look elsewhere!!! i suppose i'll just have to keep looking!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:39 am
true blue

paul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of light

yea its a bit mad
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:40 am
true blue

Thats brill your the 1st person to really say that they need builders, hubby gone to the pub in a huff thinking we may have to look elsewhere!!! i suppose i'll just have to keep looking!
check the oz emb web site u can get a list of jobs in diff areas
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:45 am
Claireg

check the oz emb web site u can get a list of jobs in diff areas
will do
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:49 am
true blue

sorry claire try overseas emigration web site
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:51 am
Claireg

sorry claire try overseas emigration web site
Thanks
When / where you looking to go to oz ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.