Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bit down :( Winging Pom alert!

Wikiposts

Bit down :( Winging Pom alert!

Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit down :( Winging Pom alert!

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
Hi Guys,
Had a blue with my OH today - started off about all the things that never get done in this house and ended up about the move to OZ - how do things like that happen ???
As some of you might know we booked the reccie (me and daughter doing in April - he doesn't want to waste the money on going too and says I will know if we will all like it)...
.. anyway I am in the beginning stages of writing my dissertation (10,000 word Critiquing 8-12 research studies :scared: YUK) and am shitting it. I have a number of other deadlines for my degree and working and kids and christmas and the house is neglected and oh you know the list goes on and he came in and said 'do you think you could clear the garage at some point soon'. Admittedly the stuff he is talking about I said I would do ages ago but I can't see me doing it anytime soon and nicely said so and could see he was pissed off. Anyway this developed into one of those D&Ms (deep & meaningfuls) where we talked about what we were doing and why and I feel very off set by it. I thought the plan was do dissertation, do reccie, finish degree, apply and emigrate. He was detatched and vague. Anyway I am about to loose my mind with all this shit and he is on about the garage... I could cry If I don't get this degree we can't go. Dream over. Don't think he gets how much pressure I feel and I can't tell him as I feel too stressed and don't want to loose it. He works so hard for us and doesn't have much time (today was his first day off in 13 days...)
Anyway I don't really know why I am telling you guys this. Please don't hang me - I am probably being very unreasonable but I just feel shit. Any suggestions? Please be kind

Hey lots of sympathy, thats what we are here for. We all get that way at times. I am stressed as well but for different reasons, I have to stay at home all day and play sick. If I leave my job I get one months pay if I get paid off on the sick I get 10k plus. So I have to play sick cant get to oz otherwise got no savings and dont earn enough to save. If I loose my job and dont get the visa I am screwed as I will never get another job that pays over 33k as I do now, if I keep my job and get the visa I am screwed for moving, my wife is a hairdresser and when we get there if she dont get a senior stylist or managers job then we are screwed. So you are not alone in worrying, you think you had a winge? well now so have I and I dont care if I get pelters cause I am a big boy I can take it and give it, so you feel free to use us as a shoulder whenever you like. Right folks?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:47 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit down :( Winging Pom alert!

Originally Posted by aston man
no its you this lady called a nutter.....not me ,she said i was really helpfull and i had cheered her up..you nutter
Actually I called you both NUTTERS!!! And you are (as am I) and I love you for it. p.s. you both cheered me up!