Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Birthday present for 7 year old 'girly girl'...

Wikiposts

Birthday present for 7 year old 'girly girl'...

Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Birthday present for 7 year old 'girly girl'...

...that's typically Australian?

It's my daughter's 7th b'day in a few days. She's not spoilt so she doesn't constantly crave or ask for stuff...hence it's quite difficult to buy stuff for her! Just wondering if there were any parents who'd bought sucessful stuff for their children recently that had really been 'good value' or just plain excellent.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birthday present for 7 year old 'girly girl'...

Originally Posted by iPom

It's my daughter's 7th b'day in a few days. She's not spoilt so she doesn't constantly crave or ask for stuff...hence it's quite difficult to buy stuff for her! Just wondering if there were any parents who'd bought sucessful stuff for their children recently that had really been 'good value' or just plain excellent.
A Bratz body board No idea, haven't really got girly girls and they are 11 and 13 now. Sounds like a hard one to be honest. Good luck
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
A Bratz body board No idea, haven't really got girly girls and they are 11 and 13 now. Sounds like a hard one to be honest. Good luck

Typically Australian rather than American. The bodyboard is an interesting idea. She could surf down the mountains on it. There are some good slopes here.

What do Aussie kids get for their birthdays then? Someone must know! Maybe this question is just too hard. Maybe Aussie kids don't really get anything truly Australian. Hmmm ... I might buy her a cricket bat and teach her how to play.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:53 pm
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all

Not over in Oz yet Ipom, but I bought my 7 year old daughter a bike for her birthday and she loves it.

The idea of a cricket bat sounds good. I know my daughter would love to learn something new like that with her dad!

Laura
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

Bike's on the ship ... be here in about three more weeks...

Cricket might be a good idea actually. Her dad - he's a software engineer with soft hands. I doubt he could play cricket. He's not yer average Aussie that's for sure.

I might be paying a visit to ToysRus or something tomorrow. Oh joy!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:04 pm
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all

Bike's on the ship ... be here in about three more weeks...

Cricket might be a good idea actually. Her dad - he's a software engineer with soft hands. I doubt he could play cricket. He's not yer average Aussie that's for sure.

I might be paying a visit to ToysRus or something tomorrow. Oh joy!
Have fun!!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:19 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Well I thought I would be very helpful and ask my daughter who was 8 yesterday, what would be the best present I could give her if she was 7 again - her answer was ' a little sister '..... so there you have it, the best present in the whole world...good job she didn't get that from me, *lol*
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:38 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

its my daughters Birthday on Friday and she will be 7 as well, we are thinking of getting her something along the lines of a Bratz dolls and a dvd...
Hard choice isnt it. She has the bike and everything else you can think of...What about a cheap table tennis? We got one from K-mart (the big table) one and it was reduced to $50 cos it ws missing a few bolts
Just an idea
Good luck
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by johanne
its my daughters Birthday on Friday and she will be 7 as well, we are thinking of getting her something along the lines of a Bratz dolls and a dvd...
Hard choice isnt it. She has the bike and everything else you can think of...What about a cheap table tennis? We got one from K-mart (the big table) one and it was reduced to $50 cos it ws missing a few bolts
Just an idea
Good luck
Thank you - that's an interesting suggestion. I wasn't thinking big ... but of course I can now I have all this space.....
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Well I thought I would be very helpful and ask my daughter who was 8 yesterday, what would be the best present I could give her if she was 7 again - her answer was ' a little sister '..... so there you have it, the best present in the whole world...good job she didn't get that from me, *lol*

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Nope, I'm not doing that again. Three is enough!