bikers

Old May 2nd 2006, 7:24 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bikers

Originally Posted by furkew
its mothers day in Holland on 14th may.

I actually had one on the shopping list
Our lass has just had a quite word in my ear and by all accounts with a Rampant Rabbit.... its Mothers day EVERYDAY !!!!
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:30 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
Our lass has just had a quite word in my ear and by all accounts with a Rampant Rabbit.... its Mothers day EVERYDAY !!!!
great, I'll get one for the MIL as well. Maybe that will loosen her up before we tell her about us leaving
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

great, I'll get one for the MIL as well. Maybe that will loosen her up before we tell her about us leaving

That's a nice image for you to go to bed with
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

I don't really know , from what I have read and heard, it's the same set up as a drivers license. You might have to take some kind of test, but normally it's just a formality getting a UK (or other foreign license) transferred to an Oz license.
cheers - James.
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:56 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

personally I would prefer

or this

Is there much of a biker community in Oz? Am bikeless at the minute in the UK but would like to get back onto one in the future.
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:07 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
personally I would prefer

or this

Is there much of a biker community in Oz? Am bikeless at the minute in the UK but would like to get back onto one in the future.
I would probably kill myself on something like those, and I have too many old rugby injuries (back & neck) to be able to ride a bike like those properly and enjoy it.

how about this baby. I came across it last week.

Old May 3rd 2006, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know which state your going to but this NSW site might give you an idea of prices. www.parramattakawasaki.com.au Other than that can't help with price. My lot prefer Ducs,Hondas etc.
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:46 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Don't know which state your going to but this NSW site might give you an idea of prices. www.parramattakawasaki.com.au Other than that can't help with price. My lot prefer Ducs,Hondas etc.
thanks Gibbo, but unfortunatley it's like all Oz websites, no price info.
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:48 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

I would probably kill myself on something like those, and I have too many old rugby injuries (back & neck) to be able to ride a bike like those properly and enjoy it.

how about this baby. I came across it last week.

Now that's different.

There is a scene here but from what I've seen it's nothing like in the UK.

There are plenty of cheeky little corners just begging you to blat around.
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:53 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

when I get to Oz, I am planning on going to work by motorbike.

At the moment I am looking at getting my license over her in holland, but it will probalby cost about €1400.00 (aus$ 2000) for a 10 day course. I have ridden an owned motorbikes briefly here, but never had a license.

my question is, is it better to wait till I get to Oz, or is it better to get my license here ? (i'll be short on spare time when I arrive)

Another thing, I need the price for a new Kawa VN900 classic. I will be buying one in Oz, but I can't seem to find a price on the net.

BTW whats the scene in Oz for Bikers ? I saw plenty in the yarra ranges recently, but the rest of the roads seemed fairly quiet ( not many bikes)

Try this link for a price http://www.bikesales.com.au/as/searc...2&modelID=2417

There is a pretty good biker scene here in Canberra......always see plenty of bikes out and about. My partner Jim has a ZX9R and he often takes it out for a blast - there are lots of great roads....long straights and loads of twisties...plus the roads when you are out of town are usually pretty free from cars. He also rides it to work most days.........just have to keep an eye out for Skippies on the road and the terrible car drivers in Canberra !!! The good weather in OZ definitely makes it worthwhile having a bike....unlike in the UK where the weather was not exactly biker friendly.

JIm had an Australian Car & Bike licence and when he came to the UK for 2 years he was able to swap it for a UK Car & Bike licence. Then when we returned to Oz it was simply a case of swapping it again for an Aussie Car & Bike licence. I think it all depends which State you are in. I think that when you take your bike test here in Canberra you are restricted to a certain size of bike for a couple of years.

I did the same with my UK car licence......no test to take (apart from the eye test)....just a straight swap.....thank God it was that easy

Wendy
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to sit a theory test (multiple guess) to convert my full UK bike license to the Oz equivalent.

Check out http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...al_riders.html for further info. You used to be able to practise the knowledge test over the Internet, but I can’t find the link.

A lot of the roads around Sydney are pretty narrow, so filtering can be a bit tricky. There are some great coastal roads with lots of twisties.

Last edited by dracupg; May 3rd 2006 at 7:11 am.
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:07 am
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

when I get to Oz, I am planning on going to work by motorbike.

At the moment I am looking at getting my license over her in holland, but it will probalby cost about €1400.00 (aus$ 2000) for a 10 day course. I have ridden an owned motorbikes briefly here, but never had a license.

my question is, is it better to wait till I get to Oz, or is it better to get my license here ? (i'll be short on spare time when I arrive)

Another thing, I need the price for a new Kawa VN900 classic. I will be buying one in Oz, but I can't seem to find a price on the net.

BTW whats the scene in Oz for Bikers ? I saw plenty in the yarra ranges recently, but the rest of the roads seemed fairly quiet ( not many bikes)
Just to get something straight....Bikers don't ride VN's, Motorcyclists do.
Along with the people who ride those nice plastic Bikes in their one piece leathers that make them look like they're smuggling Sausages!!!!

Hate to say it but the BMW looks a bit nice!!!!

Cheers'en
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.ausbikeprices.com
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:20 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by wsbtroyno21
Try this link for a price http://www.bikesales.com.au/as/searc...2&modelID=2417

There is a pretty good biker scene here in Canberra......always see plenty of bikes out and about. My partner Jim has a ZX9R and he often takes it out for a blast - there are lots of great roads....long straights and loads of twisties...plus the roads when you are out of town are usually pretty free from cars. He also rides it to work most days.........just have to keep an eye out for Skippies on the road and the terrible car drivers in Canberra !!! The good weather in OZ definitely makes it worthwhile having a bike....unlike in the UK where the weather was not exactly biker friendly.

JIm had an Australian Car & Bike licence and when he came to the UK for 2 years he was able to swap it for a UK Car & Bike licence. Then when we returned to Oz it was simply a case of swapping it again for an Aussie Car & Bike licence. I think it all depends which State you are in. I think that when you take your bike test here in Canberra you are restricted to a certain size of bike for a couple of years.

I did the same with my UK car licence......no test to take (apart from the eye test)....just a straight swap.....thank God it was that easy

Wendy
thanks wendy.

Aus$ 12500 sounds better than over here. As it turns out, I will be going to Monbulk in Vic which is just round the corner from the dealer in Ferntree gulley
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:22 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by chopper boy
Just to get something straight....Bikers don't ride VN's, Motorcyclists do.
Along with the people who ride those nice plastic Bikes in their one piece leathers that make them look like they're smuggling Sausages!!!!

Hate to say it but the BMW looks a bit nice!!!!

Cheers'en
sorry chopperboy, but I can't see the wife letting me buy the Harley, so I'll just have to pretend to start with.

The BMW is a new 1200 (can't remember which one) with a custom kit (aus$2500)

looks like Batmans bike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.