Reload this Page >

The Biggest Loser Australia

Wikiposts

The Biggest Loser Australia

Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:24 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Biggest Loser Australia

Originally Posted by brisnick
i caught an ad for it on tv last night. someone lost 15.5kg in a week?? that is totally unhealthy and could put strain on the heart. strange that the show is actually encouraging dangerous weightloss. (ok, so my view is based on a 20 second advert, so i may be way off. maybe the guy drank 10 litres of water before the weigh-in)

Have a look at the programme, most of the peeps are seriously overweight and they are that way cos they eat junk and dont excercise...its only natural that if you cut down on your calorie intake and start to excercise then the weight is gonna fall off ya
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:25 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
i caught an ad for it on tv last night. someone lost 15.5kg in a week?? that is totally unhealthy and could put strain on the heart. strange that the show is actually encouraging dangerous weightloss. (ok, so my view is based on a 20 second advert, so i may be way off. maybe the guy drank 10 litres of water before the weigh-in)

Just doing the maths - 34.1 pounds - BLOODY HELL and s/he is still fat!

Paul.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by diddy

Paul.
some of them want to lose 70 kilos
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:51 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Paul.

He was 177k (389lb) to start with so 34.1 is just a drop in the ocean, and I can't say he looked any different

http://www.thebiggestloser.com.au/co...raphy/Wal.aspx

Sam
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:05 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
He was 177k (389lb) to start with so 34.1 is just a drop in the ocean, and I can't say he looked any different

http://www.thebiggestloser.com.au/co...raphy/Wal.aspx

Sam

So it must have been David (?) with the made hair, I'm guessing?

Paul.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:06 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

So it must have been David (?) with the made hair, I'm guessing?

Paul.
Nope, just looked, it was Big Wal.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:32 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

but that is losing 9% body weight in one week. totally unhealthy rate to lose at.

15.5kg of fat equates to 573,500 kilojoules (139,500 kilocalories) of energy

since the average guy burns 8,500 kj (2,000 kcal) per day, in a week you would need to burn off 573,500 kj - (7*8,500 kj) = 514,000kj (125,000 kcal)

ok, so he probably would require a whole heap more energy to simply sustain his current fat levels, say 2.5 times an average guy, that still means he would need to burn off 424,750 kj (103,317 kcal) which is 60,680 kj (14,750 kcal) PER DAY!! that's the equivalent of running for 5.5 hours solidly at 14.4 kph (9 miles/hour). EVERY DAY!!

now i've been good as his RMR is probably not 2.5 times the average and only 1.6 times.

i haven't watched it but can't see how that is possible.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:57 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Great show last night. Now I promise I won't watch it again until Friday.

Good to see David still at it and losing weight.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:12 pm

Great show last night. Now I promise I won't watch it again until Friday.

Good to see David still at it and losing weight.
he was lookin breat wasnt he
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:23 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by biggy
he was lookin breat wasnt he
Yeah he was. I had my doubts as to whether he'd be able to sustain it after the show finished, but it was great to see. Fingers crossed that come the reunion he'll be even smaller.

It would be interesting to see the guys from the US show to see if they kept the weight off.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:29 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to see the guys from the US show to see if they kept the weight off.
aren't they supposed to be 'sending messages of support' or something tonight?? I'm sure I saw a preview(at the end of last night's show) of tonight's show with them on it....

....maybe I'm just talking rubbish
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
well if he'd snuffed it they could've just lobbed him over the side....
I don't think there's any cranes on top of the bridge.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:25 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
I don't think there's any cranes on top of the bridge.
who said anything about cranes? I'm sure between them all they could've rolled him over
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:32 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=artep]who said anything about cranes? I'm sure between them all they could've rolled him over [/QU

or rolled him back down
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:59 pm

Yeah he was. I had my doubts as to whether he'd be able to sustain it after the show finished, but it was great to see. Fingers crossed that come the reunion he'll be even smaller.

yeah I think u see them on tonights show