Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The best place for young families?

Wikiposts

The best place for young families?

Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The best place for young families?

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Coronation St?
It's in Salford
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Coronation St?
Which side? I'd hate to live next to those factory units, although they do make ladies lingerie so there may be some pluses . . .
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
It's in Salford
But didn't you just say Salford was part of Manchester?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

But didn't you just say Salford was part of Manchester?
Greater Manchester... but there is no 'gap' between the cities... they just merge into one.

Greater Manchester is 1286sq km. Melbourne is a staggering 8800sq km !
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I've lived in Perth for almost 20 years and have 2 young children. If we were ever to leave Perth, it would be to spend some time in the UK. Great for young children, but I have some concerns about teens. I think that you need to have yearly trips out of WA, for variety. In Perth you're still very close to nature, there's lots of bush and open spaces and the beaches are fantastic. There's something for everyone here. Yes, it's isolated and rather backward, but the more UK migrants the better - ready for the next daylight saving vote.

BTW, there are lots of northerners in Perth, in particular I've met lots of Mancunians (3 families in one of my son's football teams alone).
Thanks for your answer
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The best place for young families?

I reckon these places to bring up children -

Perth
Melbourne
Adelaide
Sydney
Brisbane

are probably better than these places -

Manchester
Leeds
Liverpool
Birmingham
Newcastle

but that's just my opinion....

Buzzy
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Perth
Melbourne
Adelaide
Sydney
Brisbane

Manchester
Leeds
Liverpool
Birmingham
Newcastle

Buzzy

I reckon you're probably right
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
I dunno? Ask people that live in these places and see what they say.
How can even the people that live in one of the UK cities listed answer the question "which city is best for children". You know, if they live in one of them .

Manchester is pretty crap there's my answer?
How to win friends and influence people.

Well this may be your opinion, but that probably demonstrates why other people's opinions on where to live are not entirely helpful to anyone else.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
How can even the people that live in one of the UK cities listed answer the question "which city is best for children". You know, if they live in one of them .

How to win friends and influence people.

Well this may be your opinion, but that probably demonstrates why other people's opinions on where to live are not entirely helpful to anyone else.
I do live in one of them

People usually choose where they live in Oz, I don't live in Manchester by choice. Everyone's opinion is valid whether anyone else thinks it's useful or not.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I do live in one of them
My point was that living in one of them does not mean you can pick which is "best for children" in a list of 5 or 6.

People usually choose where they live in Oz,
Whereas you are saying that people do not choose where they live in the UK? Last time I checked it is not state controlled. I think you are thinking of China. Cripes this conversation is ridiculous.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

My point was that living in one of them does not mean you can pick which is "best for children" in a list of 5 or 6.

Whereas you are saying that people do not choose where they live in the UK? Last time I checked it is not state controlled. I think you are thinking of China. Cripes this conversation is ridiculous.
No I am saying I did not choose to live in Manchester, when I say 'I' I mean myself, not the UK population, jesus your right this is ridiculous, you're not even reading the comments properly. And I am officially bored, if you think this topic is bs stop posting bs comments.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:27 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Perth
Melbourne
Adelaide
Sydney
Brisbane

Manchester
Leeds
Liverpool
Birmingham
Newcastle

Buzzy
What about Hobart and Canberra , theres also plenty of smaller regional cities and country areas especially on the coast in OZ that are great places for kids to grow up
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No I am saying I did not choose to live in Manchester, when I say 'I' I mean myself, not the UK population, jesus your right this is ridiculous, you're not even reading the comments properly. And I am officially bored, if you think this topic is bs stop posting bs comments.
Please don't tell me what I have and have not read. Why would I only read half of your post, it was hardly war and peace.

Your comment that "people usually chose where they live in Australia" makes no sense to me in the context that you framed it as it would suggest that you think that people do not chose where they live anywhere else. If you meant something different then I am afraid there is a problem with how you express yourself, not with my reading.

Oh and I will coment on whatever thread takes my fancy.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Please don't tell me what I have and have not read. Why would I only read half of your post, it was hardly war and peace.

Your comment that "people usually chose where they live in Australia" makes no sense to me in the context that you framed it as it would suggest that you think that people do not chose where they live anywhere else. If you meant something different then I am afraid there is a problem with how you express yourself, not with my reading.

Oh and I will coment on whatever thread takes my fancy.
Oh it makes no sense to you in the context that I framed it does it not? I'm from a council estate love speak properly I fell asleep half way through that sentence.

Why would I suggest that only people in Australia get to choose where they live?! I was obviously not saying that, or, was it not that obvious to you?
It was hardly war and peace.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:15 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Girls, girls - calm down, calm down!!!
Attached Thumbnails The best place for young families?-calmdown.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.