Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:08 pm
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Best PDA

Does anyone have a PDA (Pocket PC)
Which brand is the best?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best PDA

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Which brand is the best?
Depends on exactly what you need. I've carried an HP iPAQ 3950 for a few years and found it invaluable. Recently upgraded to a 6365 (the one with the phone in it) and still getting used to it. It's great having wi-fi or GPRS so I can always get on the net but the battery life isn't great.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Which brand is the best?
I've got an XDA 2i from O2 it's been very useful again it has GPRS connectivity bluetooth and WiFi and it's a mobile phone. Would definately recommend it.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 12:29 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Which brand is the best?
Can't speak from personal experience but got the PC Pro magazine sitting on my desk, and they reckon best value PDA is palmOne Tungsten E2 and best PDA phone is i-mate K-JAM with the HP iPAQ hw6515 a close second... Hope that helps

Martyn
Old Feb 14th 2006, 1:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tin
Can't speak from personal experience but got the PC Pro magazine sitting on my desk, and they reckon best value PDA is palmOne Tungsten E2 and best PDA phone is i-mate K-JAM with the HP iPAQ hw6515 a close second... Hope that helps

Martyn
I think the 6515 is locked to T-Mobile. Mine is essentially the same but free and easy
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:26 pm
Banned

What about DELL?
does anyone know if it come with phone?

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=au&l=en&s=dhs

What r the specifications for a good PDA?
Old Feb 14th 2006, 10:23 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

What about DELL?
does anyone know if it come with phone?

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...=au&l=en&s=dhs

What r the specifications for a good PDA?
I have the x50v (you wanna buy it? ;-) ).

Its a great PDA - best performance / price , great screen, super fast graphics chip. Lots of storage options with compact flash and SD slots - with CF you can use CF cards like a GPRS Modem / Phone (which Ive got) , a GPS CF card for Sat-nav... etc. Its got built in wifi/bluetooth etc...

Basically you want a big screen - otherwise just get a phone. If you cant read on the screen you wont use it.

I had an axim x30h 624mhz dell PDA before that one - that was great too. And a host of Palm devices prior to that. Palm is far more stable so if you want just diary mgt / to do listst /contact etc then get Palm - they are rock solid. Any windows device is same as windows on a pc - mostly reliable but often require resets so you dont trust it.... and cant rely on it. But windows OS has a ton of free s/w you can share files like MS Word ,Powerpoint, Excel without any conversion.

I used it for diary mgt + MP3 player - then realised that I was carrying around a ton of devices , got an Ipod as a present ,, got a better phone that has good diary mgt and is smart and ended up not using it...

IPAQ is market leader - but dell is better on price performance.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by spalen
I have the x50v (you wanna buy it? ;-) ).

Its a great PDA - best performance / price , great screen, super fast graphics chip. Lots of storage options with compact flash and SD slots - with CF you can use CF cards like a GPRS Modem / Phone (which Ive got) , a GPS CF card for Sat-nav... etc. Its got built in wifi/bluetooth etc...

Basically you want a big screen - otherwise just get a phone. If you cant read on the screen you wont use it.

I had an axim x30h 624mhz dell PDA before that one - that was great too. And a host of Palm devices prior to that. Palm is far more stable so if you want just diary mgt / to do listst /contact etc then get Palm - they are rock solid. Any windows device is same as windows on a pc - mostly reliable but often require resets so you dont trust it.... and cant rely on it. But windows OS has a ton of free s/w you can share files like MS Word ,Powerpoint, Excel without any conversion.

I used it for diary mgt + MP3 player - then realised that I was carrying around a ton of devices , got an Ipod as a present ,, got a better phone that has good diary mgt and is smart and ended up not using it...

IPAQ is market leader - but dell is better on price performance.

I called DELL there is no Phone on the PDA
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:01 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I called DELL there is no Phone on the PDA
no you are correct - ive got a compact flash modem which works as a phone.

Some of the new mobile phones are great - look on ebay - 100 pounds or less gets you a qtek 8020 - they look pretty neat.