Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Best Make Of Vacuum Cleaner Please

Best Make Of Vacuum Cleaner Please

Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Best Make Of Vacuum Cleaner Please

OK people, forget David Hicks, forget Iran, here's where the important stuff gets sorted ...

WHAT is the best make of vacuum cleaner to buy in Oz for an average sized house, carpeted and without pets but with young child?

I have one vote for Electrolux and one for Miele ... opinions please ...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Make Of Vacuum Cleaner Please

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
OK people, forget David Hicks, forget Iran, here's where the important stuff gets sorted ...

WHAT is the best make of vacuum cleaner to buy in Oz for an average sized house, carpeted and without pets but with young child?

I vote for no carpets and a brush
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:03 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother with those electricity guzzling machines. Get a goat.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Numatic Henry - long cable - 2 yr guarantee - Bullet Proof - easy to use - no fiddly fancy bits
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:43 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Don't bother with those electricity guzzling machines. Get a goat.
And a shovel for it's output
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Right, I'm off to Harvey Norman at the weekend for:
1) A Henry
2) A Goat
3) A Brush
4) A Shovel

As an interim measure I may try to teach the chickens to suck and given them free-range.

Last edited by Deadmeat; Mar 27th 2007 at 11:54 am. Reason: Stupid little edit that would have bothered me if I hadn't done it ... how anal am I?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG, can't believe your still going on about bloody vacuums

Amazing how threads turn around eh!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulrachel
OMG, can't believe your still going on about bloody vacuums

Amazing how threads turn around eh!!
Well, this floor don't clean itself and these are the questions that need to be answered!

Some of the best bits of threads are the off-topic bits, that's why I like 'em
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got pets, or rugrats who like to vomit on carpets, I'd recommend a Vax.

With just a bit of fiddling, they turn into a carpet shampooing device. (takes about 10 minutes to switch it from a vacuum to a shampooer).

And its got the mother of all suction motors, so keep aforementioned pets and rugrats away while your vacuuming or they'll all get hickeys.

JTL
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

Got a henry at home and at work, can't go wrong with our Henry-good for suction as well-if you know what I mean
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:10 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

here ye go
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:32 am

gedge has disabled reputation

burn the carpets and buy new one with the insurance money
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gedge
burn the carpets and buy new one with the insurance money
The carpets are going soon anyway to make way for hardwood flooring in the kitchen/living area.

It looks like the previous owner shared an affinity with Fred West by the look of the stains on the current covering. And we are sure they had a hydroponics lab in the spare shed ... anyway, it wasn't in the terms of the contract so they didn't leave it ...
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation

The carpets are going soon anyway to make way for hardwood flooring in the kitchen/living area.

It looks like the previous owner shared an affinity with Fred West by the look of the stains on the current covering. And we are sure they had a hydroponics lab in the spare shed ... anyway, it wasn't in the terms of the contract so they didn't leave it ...
even more of a reason not to bother with a vacuum, splurge the money on a boys toy, you know you want to
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:46 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Best Make Of Vacuum Cleaner Please

Vax or Miele. I prefer Vax because it's bagless, with "wet vacuum" and "shampoo" options.

We currently own an LG (which is excellent, and very good quality for a £60 vac) but I'd like to get a Vax before we go Down Under.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 28th 2007 at 6:16 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.