Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Best Excuse .... ?

Wikiposts

The Best Excuse .... ?

Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Best Excuse .... ?

Weve all had em, I suppose some have given them.. but Poms in Pommyland do have some belting excuses of non contact !!!

The best we have had:

We would have called, but didnt think you would be in to answer

Sent via text message

any better ones?
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best Excuse .... ?

My mother rang me late christmas day before she went to my sister's for lunch. I tried telling her about my eldest. She cut me off by saying "I haven't put my hearing aid in, so don't bother telling me anything" Don't Fricking ring me without having your sodding aid in then you stupid stupid woman Has she rung me since finding out her grand daughter has epilepsy? Has she *****:curse: I tell myself I am so over them but if I were they wouldn't get to me would they
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:29 pm
skye

After having money for god knows how many years from my mum for xmas opened the card and no cheque! - asked my sister and she said mum had given her twice the amount (my share) as she couldnt send a cheque to Oz as its written in pounds! - work that one out!

Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I tell myself I am so over them but if I were they wouldn't get to me would they
Aint that the truth.
If you come and sit on my couch I could tell you how it all relates back to your childhood.
Then I would have to suggest hypnotism
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:50 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skye
After having money for god knows how many years from my mum for xmas opened the card and no cheque! - asked my sister and she said mum had given her twice the amount (my share) as she couldnt send a cheque to Oz as its written in pounds! - work that one out!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Weve all had em, I suppose some have given them.. but Poms in Pommyland do have some belting excuses of non contact !!!

The best we have had:

We would have called, but didnt think you would be in to answer

Sent via text message

any better ones?
That is always my mums excuse for not ringing but yet she expects me to ring her on Christmas morning. She couldn't even ring her granddaughter on the day of her wedding to wish her good luck or anything, not a word from her, but don't ring her and you are the worst person on earth.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
breathing out....

Gerts Mother said:

"You ring me as it might not connect to Australia on Christmas Day."

and there's more....

breathing in
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:27 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The OH
breathing out....

Gerts Mother said:

"You ring me as it might not connect to Australia on Christmas Day."

and there's more....

breathing in
Actually, I jest not, this isn't actually that far from the truth - a few years ago. When I first moved to England my parents would call me on xmas day as whenever I tried to call the connection was either non existent or cracked up throughout the call. You would have to sit there dialing the number over and over again as we simply couldn't get through on some occasions.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You still get that on NYE/day etc. It's the luck of the draw I think. Last year I spent half an hour on constant redial to ring my best mate. An hour later I tried my mother and got through on the first try
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:24 am

You still get that on NYE/day etc. It's the luck of the draw I think. Last year I spent half an hour on constant redial to ring my best mate. An hour later I tried my mother and got through on the first try
Karmic!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Karmic!
I think she picked up the phone just as I was saying Oh For F***s Sake!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:39 am

I think she picked up the phone just as I was saying Oh For F***s Sake!
But did she have her hearing aid in?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:43 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL lives about 10 minutes away from us. We see her about once a month.
She said to my OH the other day that she'd see more of us if we lived a bit closer
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:06 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

would of called but the phones got caught in my suspenders..
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

"Would have called but I never know what time it is in Australia"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.