Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE's not what it used to be...

BE's not what it used to be...

Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BE's not what it used to be...

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
No, not at all. Infact decidedly lightweight and limpwristed compared what what I am used to.
i Know but in this forum the thread would be closed
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:53 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I think they mostly see a difference of opinon as a personal attack on them and not just a debate, which is mostly the case

except when it gets really fun and the personal insults fly and we get the popcorn out until the mods come and stop it
Pah, you don't know what you're talking about you ninconpoop
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:05 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Any time, Wends. How you coping with the heat? Are you living in the pool?
why has the film swamp monster just come to mind
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:11 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
why has the film swamp monster just come to mind
Ever seen Revenge Of The Swamp Monster ?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:49 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Hello all, this is a v interesting thread for someone who's not long here! The very first time I had a look around the forum I came upon new threads in the immigration section in which a huge fight was going on between some mods & someone (poss also a mod) who had posted for years but who said she was leaving due to being badly treated...someone else was slagging off people who join to get thru the visa process and then leave how dare they!!...the other person was raving about how she'd posted here for years how dare her loyalty be doubted...it was completely bonkers!! And it put a really bad taste in my mouth. I hung around a bit for the visa knowledge but then didn't log in for a couple of months - trying to curb at least one of my 'visa-OCD' tendancies but also cos well some of the more abrupt / sarcastic posters just left me feeling quite uncomfortable . There do seem to be a lot of people posting in Australia who just seem to be plain miserable know-it-all types, while the people trying to get their visas tend to be upbeat and positive and then confused when their questions or intentions regards what type of visa or just reasons for emmigrating in the first place are abruptly shot down or criticised. It can be a bit off-putting to a newbie. Maybe all forums are like this I don't know as I have never been on any other - I was a forum virgin! (which might account for how alien I found it all at first).

However! I think it was Polly who said below (sorry if not) that forum is just a little reflection of life - and that means it includes all different types of people just like down the pub or in the office. You just don't get involved with the ones you're not keen on (I've come to recognise their names quite quickly), and try not to get annoyed with stuff, and just enjoy...and I do enjoy BE a lot in fact sometimes I think it's a bit addictive!! Am I alone in this?? Not sure if this is just a phase that will pass once we get our visa (if we get it...starting to get a bit despondant at this point tbh! ) ...maybe I will lose interest once my visa craving is satisfied - but then just recently I have allowed myself to have a look at the Barbie and oh dear I feel myself being draaaawn in And I am gonna have some questions about certain parts of NSW for sure (just not wanting to post them pre-grant for fear of tempting fate!!). So maybe I will be around for a while yet
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I will admit I am getting tired of people getting offended and even having a go about spelling
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:04 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
I will admit I am getting tired of people getting offended and even having a go about spelling
Im getting offended at people getting tired
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I am getting offended at being tired

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Im getting offended at people getting tired
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

B.E is the same as it's always been it has 93000 members and like in all walks of life among those 93000 there will be nice helpful people, funny people, rude people, sensitive easily offended people and complete wankers.

With such a large spectrum and array of different views of course a large amount of threads will descend into heated conversation and inevitably there will be insults.

As far as I'm concerned it's far too sanitised and PC.

Take the East v West Melbourne thread, two mods gave warnings that any further conflict will close the thread, yet it was closed without there being any.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:12 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
I am getting offended at being tired
Go to bed then & think of warmer climates. Lovely here this morn, 22c when I got up at 5am, heading for around 40c
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Take the East v West Melbourne thread, two mods gave warnings that any further conflict will close the thread, yet it was closed without there being any.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I thought
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fraser
B.E is the same as it's always been it has 93000 members and like in all walks of life among those 93000 there will be nice helpful people, funny people, rude people, sensitive easily offended people and complete wankers.

With such a large spectrum and array of different views of course a large amount of threads will descend into heated conversation and inevitably there will be insults.

As far as I'm concerned it's far too sanitised and PC.

Take the East v West Melbourne thread, two mods gave warnings that any further conflict will close the thread, yet it was closed without there being any.
Bear in mind the thousands of threads containing nothing but rubbish, I would question the statement of: "can't see this thread performing any useful purpose". I wasn't aware that a threads pre-requisite was to have a useful purpose........... I thought this place was for entertainment purposes, which the east/west thread fitted into.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

And certain television shows can cause WWIII
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jond

Thats exactly what I thought[/QUOTE]

It was closed however, AFTER beer O Clock
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:21 pm

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Good on you for admitting that, I'd rather admit visiting a gay forum
I'm a temporary resident and I can only borrow a certain amount from the finance company. I can't afford the car I want with cash.

I like to try and do repairs myself as I don't have much money. So what?

I'm obviously not as well of as you are then. It's this "I'm better than you" attitude that made me leave the UK in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.