Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE's not what it used to be...

BE's not what it used to be...

Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:43 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE's not what it used to be...

Definately a non smoker, all said in a single breath

Anyone enjoy surf / rock fishing here? I got my first Jewfish 2 weeks ago and also a bloody big shovel nose shark. Fishing in Australia is amazing.
BTW, Jewfish is real nice eating.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone enjoy surf / rock fishing here?

I

I love it, where abouts are you?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:59 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Anyone enjoy surf / rock fishing here?

I

I love it, where abouts are you?
Newcastle nsw. I fish several places, boat harbour, diamond beach, hawks nest beach & sometimes stockton breakwater. How bout yourself ?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Newcastle nsw. I fish several places, boat harbour, diamond beach, hawks nest beach & sometimes stockton breakwater. How bout yourself ?

I fish in Port Phillip Bay, Vic it's ok normally nothing big, small snapper, Whiting and calamari. If I can I head down to Gippslands, Salmon, Gummy Shark and a much wider range of fish.

The best surf fishing I have had was at a friends place near terrigal NSW, awesome
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:19 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't think it's any different than it ever has been - it definitely goes in cycles. People are nice and helpful, they then get narky and ratty, then they get the major strops and they want arguments, then someone else gets offended, others get offended on the other persons behalf, still others get offended on behalf of the first stroppy person getting moaned at, then people start reporting that they don't like the arguments, so unfortunately mods have to pop in and ask people to tone it down. The stroppy ones then get arsey about being told to tone it down, the non stroppy people feel hurt and abused and also slightly smug because they've got the others into trouble, everyone gets a cob on and decides to take their ball and go elsewhere, or decide to briefly have a life, then decide they actually like it here come back and it starts all over again. Then someone starts a thread about how it's not like it used to be and then there's lots of discussion about yes it is and no it's not. I guess it depends on where you are physically and emotionally. I honestly don't think it's any more PC than in previous years, the same stuff goes on and trolls come and go. It's all one paragraph for a reason. Really I should have omitted the commas and fullstops to get the full effect.
You BE Oracle you!

Em x
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jond
I fish in Port Phillip Bay, Vic it's ok normally nothing big, small snapper, Whiting and calamari. If I can I head down to Gippslands, Salmon, Gummy Shark and a much wider range of fish.

The best surf fishing I have had was at a friends place near terrigal NSW, awesome
I was fishing not far from terrigal last w/e while camping on the central coast, a place called Patonga, not far from woy woy.
I just looked on the map, you are located on a large inlet so I would imagine that the waters are pretty warm ?

Salmon round here are pests and not very good eating at all, waters too warm, mind you, they are good to catch for the fight ! I caught an electric ray a fdew months back and tghe bugger shocked my foot. They can give up to 220v ! Flatheads, bream, trevally & tailor are caught around here, caught a few red rock cod which the wife fried up & they stank and tasted awful. Apparently the spines are poison, I had no idea. If done right they are a bit like lobster so Ive been told but next time I catch em theyll go back !
Never tried live bait, unsure if its much better than fresh deads ?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:55 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't think it's any different than it ever has been - it definitely goes in cycles. People are nice and helpful, they then get narky and ratty, then they get the major strops and they want arguments, then someone else gets offended, others get offended on the other persons behalf, still others get offended on behalf of the first stroppy person getting moaned at, then people start reporting that they don't like the arguments, so unfortunately mods have to pop in and ask people to tone it down. The stroppy ones then get arsey about being told to tone it down, the non stroppy people feel hurt and abused and also slightly smug because they've got the others into trouble, everyone gets a cob on and decides to take their ball and go elsewhere, or decide to briefly have a life, then decide they actually like it here come back and it starts all over again. Then someone starts a thread about how it's not like it used to be and then there's lots of discussion about yes it is and no it's not. I guess it depends on where you are physically and emotionally. I honestly don't think it's any more PC than in previous years, the same stuff goes on and trolls come and go. It's all one paragraph for a reason. Really I should have omitted the commas and fullstops to get the full effect.
Wow - a literary masterpiece! Losing the commas and full-stops could have been good though!

I can't actually comment on whether it is worse or better or even at all different to before as I wander round the boards like dolly daydream most of the time, dipping in here or there! I might get controversial one day .... but probably not
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:02 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

I've come on to here for the first time in over a year and no...it's still the same topics, just played out by new people. There's only so much you can trawl through the same debates and questions about 'will my sony mp3 player work in Aus' 'which suburb's best' 'can I survive on $60k a year'.

I'm going through just to see which of the 'old' people are still regular posters and to see if one person in particular is still on here, thinking they're the centre of the universe...

R
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:14 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by samnrob2
I'm going through just to see which of the 'old' people are still regular posters and to see if one person in particular is still on here, thinking they're the centre of the universe...

R
Name names.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

R

Ooo, who's that then?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KLF
Name names.

Snap
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:15 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Ooo, who's that then?
I know but was far too well brought up to say
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:16 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

That person is still on here - tragically it appears they are still the centre of the universe....

I just can't get my head around how someone can spend soooo much time on a forum....just checked out this person's personal blog and they wrote an essay on Christmas Day!!!

R
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That person is still on here - tragically it appears they are still the centre of the universe....

I just can't get my head around how someone can spend soooo much time on a forum....just checked out this person's personal blog and they wrote an essay on Christmas Day!!!

R

Have you been spying on me?

Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We lived briefly in Gibsons. I found it too far to commute into North Van on the ferry every day so we moved over to the mainland.
Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
It just wasnt a good time for canadian tv.
There has a been a few good cannuck shows though over the years.
The red green show
This hour has 22 minutes
Both really funny but I think only in canada
I love Red Green. Steve Smith, who played Red is from my home town. If you appreciate that type of humour there are lots of other shows you would probably like. SCTV was a classic and where a lot of well known actors got their starts. John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy all started their careers on there.
I also loved Puppets Who Kill, which is really stupid, sick humour.

R
Bet $5 everyone is off checking out who updated their blogs on Christmas now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.