Wikiposts

BE's Book Club!!

Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:33 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE's Book Club!!

Originally Posted by sme
Reading alot of Jodi Picoult. Find her stuff thought provoking.
Agree with previous posters comments about Lovely Bones -made me cry

Enjoyed Dirt Music, very evocative picture of western Australia

what are the first two about?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:22 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
what are the first two about?
Sort of thrillers/dramas but with twists in the tail, not gruesome or anything like that- good reads, will send if you like
Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well after talking books in another thread today I thought I'd resurret one of the older book threads nd see if we can get it going again.
recent reads for me - reprints of my beloved Chalet school books - anyone who likes that kind of thing might want to check outGone Gone By Publishing

Also recent are Wicked by Jilly Cooper (now soggy at the edges, it really is toooo heavy to read in the bath), White Thorn by Bryce Courtenay and The Singing Line by Alice Thompson (story of the first telegraph line from Adelaide to Darwin).

Anyone else got good recommendations?
Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:32 am
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WendyC
I prefer a good ol' thriller or similar

My favs are

Ladykiller - Martina Cole
The Da Vinci Code
The Messiah Code
All of Mark Billinghams books are excellent - Lazybones, Scaredy Cat etc
James Patterson's Alex Cross series.

Fantastic
I love James Patterson, even the non Alex Cross ones.

Patricia Cornwell is also a fave of mine.

Not had much time to read recently, due to our new baby (9 wks old today).
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:34 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read a book called Kates Story, then Billy Hopkins and now I am reading the next one but I cant think what its called . The author has written the books and they start off first with his mums life story then the next ones are about him but he lived in a nearby area to me so he talks about local shops, pubs and streets etc ... so its brilliant. Its the kind of book that makes you really laugh out loud but then a couple of pages later it makes you cry.

I didnt put the first 2 books down
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:47 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for resurrecting this thread poll!!

i havent got much further im afraid.....these days i fall asleep about 2 minutes after i start reading! i recent got billy connolys book from the pdsa shop - the biog his missus wrote about him, which im looking forward to reading. I also have several tess gerritsen, which i have had several months (a lot like patricia cornwell, but main character is a copper not a pathologist) and i still havent read them!!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradders
I love James Patterson, even the non Alex Cross ones.

Patricia Cornwell is also a fave of mine.

Not had much time to read recently, due to our new baby (9 wks old today).
I love James Patterson, and all the gruesome books - Kathy Reichs and Karin Slaughter.
at the moment I'm reading the floating brothel - by Sian Rees, which is about women convicts sent to australia, purely for the men's sexual needs and I think that on one of the Sky channels tonight there is a documentary on this.
I'll find out if anyones interested and if you would like the book once I've finished let me know and I'll send it on to you. first come first served basis
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:09 am
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DebraH
I love James Patterson, and all the gruesome books - Kathy Reichs and Karin Slaughter.
at the moment I'm reading the floating brothel - by Sian Rees, which is about women convicts sent to australia, purely for the men's sexual needs and I think that on one of the Sky channels tonight there is a documentary on this.
I'll find out if anyones interested and if you would like the book once I've finished let me know and I'll send it on to you. first come first served basis
That's it, Karin Slaughter....without getting the books out I couldn't remember her name!

I''ve also read some good books by Lisa Gardner.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradders
That's it, Karin Slaughter....without getting the books out I couldn't remember her name!

I''ve also read some good books by Lisa Gardner.
I haven't read any of hers, and have the new Karin slaughter, - faithless just haven't got around to reading it yet.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:14 am
Vescere bracis meis

Gilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond reputeGilly_90 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard of any of these people or books!!!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:50 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
I have just read a book called Kates Story, then Billy Hopkins and now I am reading the next one but I cant think what its called . The author has written the books and they start off first with his mums life story then the next ones are about him but he lived in a nearby area to me so he talks about local shops, pubs and streets etc ... so its brilliant. Its the kind of book that makes you really laugh out loud but then a couple of pages later it makes you cry.

I didnt put the first 2 books down
I have read those and they are brilliant! There is a 4th book out now so I must get it!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

the floating brothel is on at 9 on sky channel 530
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:28 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Read The Da Vinci Code recently and thoroughly enjoyed it
Me too! and I don't usually read that kind of book and was not really expecting to like it. It's the only fictional book I've ever read that had me looking up "facts" on the internet every few pages to see if it was true. I even downloaded the last supper picture to have a look. Very good book and not all just hype.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

the floating brothel is on at 9 on sky channel 530
I read that one recently too - excellently written
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

For those who liked "The Lovely Bones", may I suggest "The Sweet Hereafter" by Russell Banks? It is probably my favourite book of all time.
I now have a list of books I have to get from the local library and find time to read before we move in August. Maybe I should quit work now so I have time to read them all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.