Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Being chased for alleged credit card debt from 2003

Being chased for alleged credit card debt from 2003

Old Oct 6th 2010, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of
Default Re: Being chased for alleged credit card debt from 2003

Something we didn't know and might help others.......

I payed off and closed my two UK HSBC credit cards in October 2009. I still have a HSBC current account there with 40 pounds on it for "just in case" I ever need it. I recently got a statement for the current account (in Aus) showing two debits of 29pounds each going off this account to pay something on the two CLOSED credit cards! After a huge mission ringing HSBC in the UK at some ungodly hour it turned out that this was payed to Card Guard! They are apparently a completely separate company to HSBC and if you close your card with the bank they DO NOT tell Card Guard that you dont have the card any more and that you do not need the card protection insurance on the non-existent card any more! How stupid is that. Would have been nice if they told me when I cancelled the cards to give Card Guard a ring etc. They did however refund the 2x 29 to me and put me through to Card Guard so I could tell them to f@$%off but it was very stressful and a bit weird to me how a dead card could be brought back to life like this! Anyway, beware.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone the advice, OH was on duty last night, so will show him the advice when he gets in this afternon. Hopefully we can get it all sorted. I would not care but had this come up before the move to oz we could have proved very easily that the card had been paid. I just wish now i had not been so enthusastic with shreading of the old statements.

Oh and Jazzy hello mate it is a long time no hear lol. that forum made interesting reading cheers x
Mandy
Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to be of assistance Mandy, hope all is well.

Jazzys
Old Oct 13th 2010, 5:28 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Worth a read

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...Account-issues