Barnaby Joyce wastes $95,000 in 5 minutes

Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:00 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barnaby Joyce wastes $95,000 in 5 minutes

Sorry I thought this thread was about midsomer murders, I'll just leave
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:36 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
No, coz the moron drove into the flood waters and had to be rescued
Must be careful not to do that.

Although I wouldn't be tempted as I reckon my car would quickly become a floaty box.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:40 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
Must be careful not to do that.

Although I wouldn't be tempted as I reckon my car would quickly become a floaty box.
It is the typical sort of hypocritical stuff we come to expect from Barnacle Joyce. He'll be on TV one minute pleading with people to stay out of flood waters etc, the next drying up valuable SES resources and costing the tax payers for his moments of madness, which seem to be more and more regular these days
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:42 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Barnaby Joyce wastes $95,000 in 5 minutes

Is it not covered by insurance?
Even if it was, the taxpayer still picks up the tab because ComCar is a self-insured government service. So either way, we're buying Barny a new Toyota.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:42 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

It is the typical sort of hypocritical stuff we come to expect from Barnacle Joyce. He'll be on TV one minute pleading with people to stay out of flood waters etc, the next drying up valuable SES resources and costing the tax payers for his moments of madness, which seem to be more and more regular these days
Bloke's an idiot that's for sure.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:44 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Even if it was, the taxpayer still picks up the tab because ComCar is a self-insured government service. So either way, we're buying Barny a new Toyota.
I was wondering if they did self-insurance.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:49 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Hopefully he won't be asking for a Hummer for next time.

Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:51 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully he won't be asking for a Hummer for next time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7wXNKOat6U
I believe they have now pulled them from the Aussie market due to lack of demand.

Funny that
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:01 am
Rhino with a big horn!

I believe they have now pulled them from the Aussie market due to lack of demand.

Funny that
I thought they'd stopped producing in the US but I may have read that wrong.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:25 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Where I live crossing creeks like the one BJ was crossing is part of our everyday life. I cross similar to get to 50% of my work. This thread appears to be made up of city dwellers commenting upon a subject they clearly know nothing about The ignorance puts a smile on my face though.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:56 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by cresta57
Where I live crossing creeks like the one BJ was crossing is part of our everyday life. I cross similar to get to 50% of my work. This thread appears to be made up of city dwellers commenting upon a subject they clearly know nothing about The ignorance puts a smile on my face though.
I shall bask in the shinning example of one of the smart people.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:35 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Barnaby Joyce wastes $95,000 in 5 minutes

Originally Posted by cresta57
What ignorance? I'm a city dweller with rural experience (lived in a semi rural district for ~10 years; educated at a local farm school; used to visit my mates in Cadoux regularly, where I occasionally helped with farm stuff), and it seems to me that the only ignorance in this thread is Barnaby Joyce's.

The golden rule when approaching a body of water in a vehicle is to attempt an estimation of its depth. If you don't know what you're driving into, you don't drive into it. Very simple.

Nobody in this thread has claimed that the creek was impassible. What we've said is that BJ was a fool to get stuck in it (as I'm sure you'd agree?) He obviously doesn't know how to handle a 4x4 vehicle in a rural environment (most urbanites don't), and should not have ventured into the creek without due care.

If this creek is indeed like the ones you cross regularly as part of your everyday life, I can only conclude that BJ is even more stupid and incompetent than I had originally believed. Which pushes the boat out quite a distance, I assure you.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Feb 18th 2011 at 9:39 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

What ignorance? I'm a city dweller with rural experience (lived in a semi rural district for ~10 years; educated at a local farm school; used to visit my mates in Cadoux regularly, where I occasionally helped with farm stuff), and it seems to me that the only ignorance in this thread is Barnaby Joyce's.

The golden rule when approaching a body of water in a vehicle is to attempt an estimation of its depth. If you don't know what you're driving into, you don't drive into it. Very simple.

Nobody in this thread has claimed that the creek was impassible. What we've said is that BJ was a fool to get stuck in it (as I'm sure you'd agree?) He obviously doesn't know how to handle a 4x4 vehicle in a rural environment (most urbanites don't), and should not have ventured into the creek without due care.

If this creek is indeed like the ones you cross regularly as part of your everyday life, I can only conclude that BJ is even more stupid and incompetent than I had originally believed. Which pushes the boat out quite a distance, I assure you.
No chance he simply made an error of judgement about the depth then?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
No chance he simply made an error of judgement about the depth then?
Sometimes....with all the will in the world...people **** up...

Or...he knew it might be a close-run thing and sure enough he lost.

I find that country people are as likely to be as risk taking as anyone.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah experienced........ in that case you'd know just how easy it is to stall crossing a creek.
Your just British Expats answer to the Daily Mail then?