Wikiposts

Baptism Candles

Old Oct 16th 2009, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baptism Candles

Hi

I am getting ready for the shippers arriving this week and have come across my childrens baptism candles. I know candles are a no-no, do I really have to throw these away Is there anyway I can take them and declare them?
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baptism Candles

Originally Posted by aglassofwinehelps
Hi

I am getting ready for the shippers arriving this week and have come across my childrens baptism candles. I know candles are a no-no, do I really have to throw these away Is there anyway I can take them and declare them?
Candles are not a no-no. Pack them and put them in the container.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Oh good. Where have I got the wrong info from? Oh well, good news but I wish I'd known before giving away all my big Yankee Candle Jars!

Thanks hun. x
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought all my candles in, no worries..

(Like the username! )

Em x
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:57 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Hi

I think if they're made with bees wax then they are not allowed which I think being baptism candles are. I had to leave mine for that reason.

I could be wrong though, someone might remember better than I do!

just did a quick search and found this

http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis/travel/...alia/cant-take confirms there that bees wax if that's what they are then they're not allowed.

hth

Ellie

Last edited by oz bound; Oct 17th 2009 at 1:06 am. Reason: add link and more info
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:24 am
Account Closed

I knew I read somewhere that beeswax candles weren't allowed. I think i'll take them in my hand luggage and declare them and if they are confiscated then I'll have to accept it. Maybe I will cry at customs and play the sympathy card, poor mother having her babies candles taken away (it won't work I know but they'll feel bad for the rest of the day!)

Ems, Do you know how many people have said they like my username, I think there are a lot of stressed peeps out there drinking wine
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:09 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

All our candles, inc baptism ones, came in our container with no problems. Other things had to be treated, but the candles were fine.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:14 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I knew I read somewhere that beeswax candles weren't allowed. I think i'll take them in my hand luggage and declare them and if they are confiscated then I'll have to accept it. Maybe I will cry at customs and play the sympathy card, poor mother having her babies candles taken away (it won't work I know but they'll feel bad for the rest of the day!)

Ems, Do you know how many people have said they like my username, I think there are a lot of stressed peeps out there drinking wine
Dont worry it wont work , AQIS have a job to do and are heartless ..........mm
Old Oct 17th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CEM
All our candles, inc baptism ones, came in our container with no problems. Other things had to be treated, but the candles were fine.
Yeah, candles should be fine as long as they're not beeswax ones or ones with plant parts/shells in them...