Bank account

Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

mattdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank account

Hello
Can anyone help with the following

Can we open an Australian bank account whilst in England and pay regular amounts of money into it before we go. If so can you recommend any
Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bank account

Yes you can I think westpac do one and commonwealth bank do. Can't recommend one though as we opened ours whilst on a reccie.

Jane
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all2oddballs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mattdan
Hello

Can we open an Australian bank account whilst in England and pay regular amounts of money into it before we go. If so can you recommend any
Thanks
you can open one with commonwealth bank if you phone them up they will send you a application form but you will not be able to draw any money out that you put in till you arrive in australia.They have got branch,s in london.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:33 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattdan
Hello

Thanks
You can open one online with Westpac too. www.westpac.com.au/migrantbanking
Its something i really must do soon myself!!!!! C x
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

were opening one with H S B C very soon
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

I would go with Westpac,, I have heard nothing but bad things about Commonwealth.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppett44
I would go with Westpac,, I have heard nothing but bad things about Commonwealth.
we've opened one with westpac too
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:36 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
we've opened one with westpac too
oops we used commonwealth
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Copied and pasted from another forum, this was posted today,,sorry,,

"Hi sorry but i think this one has been asked before but i couldnt go back and find it..

We are currently banking with Commonwealth Bank and are discusted with being charged monthly for everything especially using my bankers card etc...Does anybody know of any other banks which do not charge for absolutely everything....thanks.....

xx "
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:41 pm
Nearly There

momma mia will become famous soon enough

Hi there I have just opened one with westpac online very easy, info came through within a couple of days then phoned them up to set up telephone/internet banking. The account has to be activated by depositing funds(as much as a pound) the bank want to charge me £20 to do this (robbers) on arrival in oz I will just need to show them some ID then I can start withdrawing funds at the moment I can only view what I am depositing.
Hope this is ok
Rachael
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

All the banks charge extortionate fees over here. I bank with the commonwealth and Bankwest. You will find most of the banks like Bankwest or ANZ do a standard monthly fee of $2.99 or $5.00 per month to cover all your fees. So there is no extra charge for using your eftpos card too many times! commonwealth are buggers for this, you get like 20 go's a month! Internet banking is the best way to go here... No one has cheque accounts and you get charged around a dollar per cheque and then another charge depending on the value! I live in Perth and there is only one HSBC in WA so I wouldn't bother with them if you have the need to visit your bank often!