British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bangkok Airport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bangkok-airport-650675/)

sassie Jan 22nd 2010 9:33 am

Bangkok Airport

Just wondering if anyone has been to the new Bangkok Airport recently and whether any night stop hotels can be recommended.

Outbound we are going to have to have a nightstop in Bangkok and have until 5.00 pm the next day to fill in before our onward flight to Koh Samui. Just wondering if there is anything worth doing to fill in a few hours in the morning.

Inbound we will have about 6 hours to kill at the airport. just wondering whether it is worth leaving the airport or just hang around at the airport.

Any info would be useful.

Thanks

bcworld Jan 22nd 2010 9:38 am

Re: Bangkok Airport

Originally Posted by sassie (Post 8272136)
Just wondering if anyone has been to the new Bangkok Airport recently and whether any night stop hotels can be recommended.

Outbound we are going to have to have a nightstop in Bangkok and have until 5.00 pm the next day to fill in before our onward flight to Koh Samui. Just wondering if there is anything worth doing to fill in a few hours in the morning.

Inbound we will have about 6 hours to kill at the airport. just wondering whether it is worth leaving the airport or just hang around at the airport.

Any info would be useful.

Thanks

There is only one hotel at the airport, its landside - the Novotel. I went through Bangkok twice over Xmas and checked it out but the rates were very pricey. There are very cheap hotels about 10 mins drive away which would be OK for an overnight. You wouldn't want to be hanging around til 5pm though so I'd probably go for a decent hotel in the city.

What time do you arrive in BKK?

With 6 hours I'd be looking for a pay for entry lounge to use....don't leave the airport, Bangkok traffic can be hellish, wouldn't be worth it.

sassie Jan 22nd 2010 9:49 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 8272139)
There is only one hotel at the airport, its landside - the Novotel. I went through Bangkok twice over Xmas and checked it out but the rates were very pricey. There are very cheap hotels about 10 mins drive away which would be OK for an overnight. You wouldn't want to be hanging around til 5pm though so I'd probably go for a decent hotel in the city.

What time do you arrive in BKK?

With 6 hours I'd be looking for a pay for entry lounge to use....don't leave the airport, Bangkok traffic can be hellish, wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks for that. we arrive in BKK at 11.00 pm, so really don't want to mess about too much with transfers into the city, but then again, don't really want to be stuck out at the airport with time to kill the next day!!

Thanks for the tip about the airport lounge. do you know how much it is by any chance?

bcworld Jan 22nd 2010 10:04 am

Originally Posted by sassie (Post 8272156)
Thanks for the tip about the airport lounge. do you know how much it is by any chance?

Sorry, I don't actually even know if there is one...just assumed there would be!