Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bakeries and the breads you miss.

Bakeries and the breads you miss.

Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Bakeries and the breads you miss.

Hey all

Just wondering what you guys think of the bakeries here in Oz and what or if there are any breads you miss from home? I know the Irish will probably miss their brown soda bread. But what i want to know is there any breads that the English , Scotish and Welsh miss?

I have noticed that a lot of the breads here are very different from what we are used to. Also i have not seen a batch or turnover since i got here everyone must be missing them. So any input would be great.

Thanks in advance

Paddy
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bakeries and the breads you miss.

I miss Warburtons Seeded Batch toasted with butter ............MMMMMMmmmmmmm
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

guid auld mothers pride plain loaf. i would kill for one right now.
or a mortons roll
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey all

Just wondering what you guys think of the bakeries here in Oz and what or if there are any breads you miss from home? I know the Irish will probably miss their brown soda bread. But what i want to know is there any breads that the English , Scotish and Welsh miss?

I have noticed that a lot of the breads here are very different from what we are used to. Also i have not seen a batch or turnover since i got here everyone must be missing them. So any input would be great.

Thanks in advance

Paddy
Do crumpets count? I miss Warbutons crumpets, god they're gorgeous
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:30 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
or a mortons roll
Ditto on both, esp the really black Mortons rolls mmmmmm
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh Warburtons....
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:09 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
or a mortons roll
i miss both terribly lol
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

A proper Aberdeen buttery.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:00 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

the crumpets here are horrid-really doughy- (how the hell do you f### up a crumpet/)
I fancy, I want, nay! I NEED an Asda jam doughnut!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

I miss the butter bisc or do they call them buttereys? Had one last year in Inverness but it tasted very salty,maybe i am forgetting after being here so long.
Its not just the breads etc i miss,it's decent cakes without huge amounts of sugar they put in over here.Anyone else find this to be true?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Hey all

Thanks in advance

Paddy
ahem!!! soda & potato bread
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi
ahem!!! soda & potato bread
make your own potato bread, we did - it was yummy

Lynn xx
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4ofus
make your own potato bread, we did - it was yummy

Lynn xx
& wheaten bread!, lynn this is our neighbour, the baker, i'm waiting for a nice pressie some day lol
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi
& wheaten bread!, lynn this is our neighbour, the baker, i'm waiting for a nice pressie some day lol
You could be left waiting. Need to get a job so i can aquire some flour

Paddy
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:52 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

You could be left waiting. Need to get a job so i can aquire some flour

Paddy

Miss more cakes than bread.......

Pineapple Creams

Keep telling hubby we should start our own, but he aint listening!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.