Bad News!!!

Old May 18th 2007, 10:59 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad News!!!

Sorry to hear your news - sending you a cyber hug.
Best wishes to your Dad, hope it turns out OK.
Tracey xxx
Old May 18th 2007, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I know what it's like to hear that kind of news. Try to keep strong for him and especially your Mum

If you need to offload PM me anytime.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:19 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hope your dad makes a full recovery Carol, good luck to him and your family x
Old May 18th 2007, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'm not trying to give you hope, just to indicate that in 10 yrs time your life may not be much different to how it was 2 weeks ago from now. Which is nice for your folks. But may not be how you wish to be living.

My Dad has prostatic mets - cancer throughout his bones. He is 24 hrs travel away from me. Am I selfish for not living my life for me? Possibly. But if I dont put myself first, no-one else ever will. My dad could still be about in 5 yrs time - he could be gone tomorrow. I just feel fortunate to have known him and that he - quite surprisingly actually - hasn't been bumped off by a heart attack. Nowadays in our culture, we seem to forget that life is a terminal.

I send you a cyber hug in the hope that you and yours will be able to navigate the potentially bumpy journey ahead.
Oh Carole... after all this time.

BUT.... the above by OD is really, really good advice and you should listen to it.
How does your dad feel about kyboshing your travels? If you were my daughter, I'd tell you to go.
If I was your dad there's no way I'd want you putting your life on hold because of mine...
I hear what you're saying, but you do have a choice.

Carry on, validate the visa and be around if you need to be.

Good luck, lovely lady.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:47 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

So sorry. Stay strong.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:55 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol

Just before we came out to Perth in November it was discovered that my dad, also 70, had a shadow on his lung. He is kept a pretty close eye on as he has a few health problems - dodgy heart valve, thick blood (condition I cannot begin to spell), aneurism in his back and he had bowel cancer 6 years ago, so this was through routine scanning.

After months of re-scanning, blood tests etc it turned out it was lung cancer. He is recovering slowly and has just started chemotherapy, with a good prognosis as it was found very early. By this time we were here, and I am so glad we are because I would be like you and want to stay there with them. My dad said he is glad we didn't know as he wouldn't have wanted that, cos he would have thought we were there thinking he was going to die.

I totally understand where you are at the moment, but like Ozzidoc says keep in mind that things can change on a weekly basis. Your dad may live another 10 - 20 years. Things have advanced so much in the cancer world and if the leukemia has been picked up early, he could make a full recovery. I really truly hope he does cos dads (and mums) should live forever really.

I know everyone is different, and only you can know what is best for your family, but I hope you put things off and not forget it completely. After all, in 5 years time you could be sat by your pool with your dad having a beer or two!

Take care, and good luck

Shirley x
Old May 18th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Hi Everyone,

Our Aus dream is over! My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia last weekend! It came right out of the blue, he is a fit 70 year old who has never been in hospital in his life! He did'nt feel ill, they dicovered it during a routine blood test! He starts chemo today They reckon his chances of remission are good, but obviously can't give him any guarentee's. My mum has gone to pieces so I need to be here for both of them. So... goodbye Aus Thanks to everyone who has helped and advised me on various issues and good luck to everyone still waiting for the precious visa xxxxxxxxx
My thought are with you and your family. All the best.

Sunshine23
Old May 18th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Thanks to all you lovely people for your messages of support and encouragement It has really, really helped and made me feel so much better! We will not put of our plans forever, as so many of you have said 'nobody knows what the future holds', but at the moment we can't even consider it! I will deffo look up the website you recommended eddie, thanks for that and thanks to everyone else, your words really touched my heart
Old May 18th 2007, 4:48 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

carol
i havent been here for a couple of days, just seen your post

I am so sorry and I hope your Dad does well, try to keep a positive outlook it will help your dad as well

sending ((((((HUGS))))))

your family is your first priority, but keep hold of your dreams too
Old May 18th 2007, 4:56 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Gone through a similar experience with my brother, I really hope your dad makes a speedy recovery.

Take care and send your dad our best wishes

Sarahx
Old May 18th 2007, 7:39 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this Carol, best wishes to you all. C x
Old May 18th 2007, 7:44 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Thanks to all you lovely people for your messages of support and encouragement It has really, really helped and made me feel so much better! We will not put of our plans forever, as so many of you have said 'nobody knows what the future holds', but at the moment we can't even consider it! I will deffo look up the website you recommended eddie, thanks for that and thanks to everyone else, your words really touched my heart

aww Carol so sorry for you hun.....Keep strong.....

KOH
Old May 18th 2007, 8:26 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry for your news.

Take one day at a time, have faith in the medical team treating him, be thankful it was discovered early and believe in the medics when they say his chances of remission are excellent.

The shock is the hardest to deal with, each day you will be surprised at just how strong you become and how you cope as a family and how you pull together.

It will be those qualities that will assist your Dad in fighting it.

And I believe he will - you all will.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:50 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

))))))HUGS(((((( thinking of you
Old May 21st 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your dad, loadsa hugs for you and your dad

luv ireland x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.