British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bad Aussie adverts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bad-aussie-adverts-458217/)

Nu-Shooz Jun 14th 2007 4:44 am

Bad Aussie adverts

Just seen a thread in the Trailer park about bad US adverts on TV. Made me realise just how bad the adverts are on TV here in OZ.
I sit and wonder why they bother with half of them.
The one that i really hate at the moment is 4 guys dancing and swinging around trolley's in a supermarket...this advert is for Viva Coffee:confused:

Which ones bug you?

Amazulu Jun 14th 2007 4:47 am

Re: Bad Aussie adverts

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 4911501)
Just seen a thread in the Trailer park about bad US adverts on TV. Made me realise just how bad the adverts are on TV here in OZ.
The one that i really hate at the moment is 4 guys dancing and swinging around trolley's in a supermarket...this advert is for Viva Coffee:confused:

Which ones bug you?

The Telstra 'Rabbits' ad. I can't believe it's so popular. I just want to smash the thicko father's (looks like the boy's grandfather actually) face in.

W*nker.

Phoenix Jun 14th 2007 4:50 am

I can see the - A N A C O N D AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA one is going to annoy me lots - seen it twice last night and thought - yup thats gonna annoy me.

That nipple one also makes the whole household here squirm too.

Nu-Shooz Jun 14th 2007 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 4911508)
The Telstra 'Rabbits' ad. I can't believe it's so popular. I just want to smash the thicko father's (looks like the boy's grandfather actually) face in.

W*nker.

Yeah know what you mean:mad:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 4911520)
I can see the - A N A C O N D AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA one is going to annoy me lots - seen it twice last night and thought - yup thats gonna annoy me.

That nipple one also makes the whole household here squirm too.

The nipple one makes my kids fall about in fits of laughter. That annoys me.

Geordie George Jun 14th 2007 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 4911501)

Which ones bug you?

That ad's just a rip off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

Amazulu Jun 14th 2007 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 4911529)
Yeah know what you mean:mad:

The nipple one makes my kids fall about in fits of laughter. That annoys me.

Yep. Nipple one is bad.

Rugs-a-Million. We really do need genocide against carpet salesmen!
Anything by Harvey Norman or The Good Guys.

chels Jun 14th 2007 5:09 am

The woman snogging her boyfriend, and by the end of the advert she's an old lady but he's still young - bleuuugghhhhh. Not seen it for a while actually, so maybe they pulled it? For a Sony camcorder I think.

The only other one I can think of is the small boy who makes a big song and dance about his smelly no.2s. And that's probably an international campaign from the US anyway. In fact, the first one I suggested probably is too. A lot of adverts originate from overseas it seems. Although if someone's shouting, I can tell it's an Australian ad. Originality in Australian advertising = shouting.

Oh, I've thought of a definitely Aussie ad - the one where the tongue goes off in search of beer. Creepy.

And what's with the one where they launch a moose or something into the sky as a sacrifice?

The thrush advert - why is she so smug about taking her thrush medication?

Jetstar ads when they jump in the air - FFS. How cheesy can they make it?

Coles / Woolworths ads - because they're trying to convince us they're food is cheap and high quality. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

David Jones / Myer - who cares which Australian model they use to front their latest TV commercial? No one's heard of them outside of Australia (and most Australians haven't either)

The Dodo ad with the stupid US actress reading her autocue

Info-mercials. Nothing more to add about those.

C&R Jun 14th 2007 5:11 am

Originally Posted by chels (Post 4911564)
The woman snogging her boyfriend, and by the end of the advert she's an old lady but he's still young - bleuuugghhhhh. Not seen it for a while actually, so maybe they pulled it? For a Sony camcorder I think.

The only other one I can think of is the small boy who makes a big song and dance about his smelly no.2s. And that's probably an international campaign from the US anyway. In fact, the first one I suggested probably is too. A lot of adverts originate from overseas it seems. Although if someone's shouting, I can tell it's an Australian ad. Originality in Australian advertising = shouting.

Oh, I've thought of a definitely Aussie ad - the one where the tongue goes off in search of beer. Creepy.

And what's with the one where they launch a moose or something into the sky as a sacrifice?

The thrush advert - why is she so smug about taking her thrush medication?

Jetstar ads when they jump in the air - FFS. How cheesy can they make it?

Coles / Woolworths ads - because they're trying to convince us they're food is cheap and high quality. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

David Jones / Myer - who cares which Australian model they use to front their latest TV commercial? No one's heard of them outside of Australia (and most Australians haven't either)

The Dodo ad with the stupid US actress reading her autocue

hehehe!

There is one advert where a woman says the telephone number to call - 13 13 13 but it gets right on the tits the way she says in a nostril closed air stewardess voice 'thir-tane thir-tane thir-tane'. I have to have a lie down afterwards.

Phoenix Jun 14th 2007 5:18 am

The only other one I can think of is the small boy who makes a big song and dance about his smelly no.2s.

Oh jeez yeah - that one always seems to be on when we've just sat down to tea too - yuk!

stevemich Jun 14th 2007 5:18 am

Anything by :
  • Lowes (cheap as chips clothes) - shouty men
  • Godfreys (vacuums) - shouty bald man with bad comb-over
  • That Tooheys advert where a bloke grows beer-holding humans from his own Morrissey style quiff
To name but a few...

dieseljocky Jun 14th 2007 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 4911539)
Yep. Nipple one is bad.

Rugs-a-Million. We really do need genocide against carpet salesmen!
Anything by Harvey Norman or The Good Guys.

Oh yeah, that Rugs-a-million man grates me too! Also the IKEA ad where the woman legs it out the shop droning " start the car, start the car...." grrrrr!

and OMG! why on the morning shows (Davy & Kim and Kerri-Anne) do they stop every 10mins or so and try and sell crap carpet hoovers, tummy trimmers etc....the presenters sound so false/insincere. Much better having the radio on!

mackinnon Jun 14th 2007 5:21 am

YES! The absolute worse being BRAND POWER!

I've still to figure that shite out. Do Brand Power buy bulk tv advert slots on the cheap then sell the slot for a higher price plus they take over the promotion as well?

I assume these ads are aimed at the "dumb****" population.

Hutch Jun 14th 2007 5:33 am

Pretty much any car advert, but especially the ones for local dealerships. They have an advert for Australian Fleet Sales with these two shouting morons who look like shambling kiddie-fiddlers, ranting on about shit-heap cars from a car-lot that looks like a scrap-yard. :curse:

Fiona&malc Jun 14th 2007 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 4911508)

W*nker.

hehe i like that one :lol: actually i bought some noodles for lunch the other day, and on the menu they had Nasi Goreng noodles, made me laugh :lol:

Fiona&malc Jun 14th 2007 5:43 am

The Bunnings adverts give me the shits, they are on all the time !!!!! :curse:

"you can get everything in one shop, except for chocolate, and maybe ice cream !!" AARRRGGHH !!