Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Back to squre one as house sale fell through.

Back to squre one as house sale fell through.

Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:47 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice
Default Re: Back to squre one as house sale fell through.

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
No way, what a small world. Hope you have more luck selling your house than we did. Had to rent it in the end.
Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you.

Suni
i hope so too. we need to sell to help finance our move.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:55 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barry f
i hope so too. we need to sell to help finance our move.
We're in Oxenford, North Gold Coast. Nothing at mo, looking for a business. Getting a boring.
Have you got kids. I have two boys 13 and 11, they went to langley.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:06 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

We're in Oxenford, North Gold Coast. Nothing at mo, looking for a business. Getting a boring.
Have you got kids. I have two boys 13 and 11, they went to langley.
no kids at the moment but hoping to start a family once we get settled in oz.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

we are having the same nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

we accepted an offer 10 weeks ago on our houe, survey was done- passed and everything, they asked us to take it off the market which we did. they told us 2 weeks ago they didn't have the money to buy it- we were bloody furious putting it mildly- we move in 8 weeks time as i have a job to start in the gold coast and could really do with the money we will get on the sale of the house.
we now have another buyer lined up who has offered more than the original person which is good but i'll be surprised if it all goes through by the time we go. we aren't taking it off the market this time either, the buyer understands our situation and doesn't seem bothered

shell
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:08 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barry f
no kids at the moment but hoping to start a family once we get settled in oz.
No worries, good luck and PM me if you need any help and I'll see if I can help
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:13 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ShellnTez
we are having the same nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

we accepted an offer 10 weeks ago on our houe, survey was done- passed and everything, they asked us to take it off the market which we did. they told us 2 weeks ago they didn't have the money to buy it- we were bloody furious putting it mildly- we move in 8 weeks time as i have a job to start in the gold coast and could really do with the money we will get on the sale of the house.
we now have another buyer lined up who has offered more than the original person which is good but i'll be surprised if it all goes through by the time we go. we aren't taking it off the market this time either, the buyer understands our situation and doesn't seem bothered

shell
Sorry to hear that Shell,hope it goes through this time,maybe one day soon we'll all meet up on the Gold Coast and laugh about it all.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Originally Posted by brido
Hi all,feels like ive not really been on here for a while.

We thought we had sold our house and could not get the couple buying it to commit to signing the missives.Every week they would say "we'll sell ours this week then sign" and after telling us they're dropping their price,it stayed at the same rediculous price for 3 weeks.
We then decided to pull the plug last week as the estate agents took us off the market right away,but we didnt contest this as we thought we'd sold in principle.We offered a 4 month move in date to get them to sign but still they dragged their heels.

So we have been led up the garden path for 2 months and now we have had it on the market for the last week using someone else as the original estate agent was incompetent to say the least.(No im not blaming them for our sale falling through,ive a list of problems as long as your arm with them.)
Anyway new estate agent valued our house on Monday,had it online that day and a viewer booked that evening!
Its been a pleasant suprise as the last lot took 8 days and a 50 mile round trip to complain before they got us online!

We've had quite a few viewers this week,more than i expected at this time of year,and maybe we'll get over before May 24th when our entry date expires!Lol.

I know a few of you have had a similar experience,its so bloody frustrating,
and to top it off the ars*h*les that wanted the house came round to see if we'd sell them the house!!!! They have someone interested in theirs.
(Lol its the same line they've been using for months)Can you believe their bloody cheek!

I told them they can bid like anyone else but we dropped our price considerably to get away before xmas,now we're after a more realistic price and if i sell to them i owe 2 estate agents advertising fees and selling fees as the 1st lot introduced them to the property.

As bad as it seems im now content to spend our 6th and final xmas in our beautiful home and enjoy the holiday period rather than letting it stress us out.The only problem is that i'll be doing the xmas dinner again!

We will get to Oz eventually and at worst well have a holiday over in Feb to validate our visas.

Good things come to those who wait...

....and man are we waiting!
Sorry to hear about your sale.....here the market is still quite good when traditionally it should be pants at this time of year - in your earlier post - you mentioned you would have to pay two lots of fees if sold to the original couple ......most Agreements would mean that only the agent introducing the successful buyer would be eligable for a fee (Although you may have advertising costs from the 2nd agent - they should not get any fee) Especially if you have withdrawn the property from sale with the first agent. Hope you get an offer quickly and you dont get these people wasting your time again.....I think your 1st estate agent needs kicking up the arse for not researching their chain more throughly!!!
Good luck!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:30 pm
nearly there

No worries, good luck and PM me if you need any help and I'll see if I can help
thank you kindly. we need all the help we can get.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:01 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Speargun
Sorry to hear about your sale.....here the market is still quite good when traditionally it should be pants at this time of year - in your earlier post - you mentioned you would have to pay two lots of fees if sold to the original couple ......most Agreements would mean that only the agent introducing the successful buyer would be eligable for a fee (Although you may have advertising costs from the 2nd agent - they should not get any fee) Especially if you have withdrawn the property from sale with the first agent. Hope you get an offer quickly and you dont get these people wasting your time again.....I think your 1st estate agent needs kicking up the arse for not researching their chain more throughly!!!
Good luck!!
Thanks Speargun,its been a promising day with another offer made,but it was too low,so i'll see if they come back,and someone who came today seems really interested.
As for my 1st estate agent,a kick up the arse would be just the start.
8 days to go online,a 2 line description that was to cover the whole house and a picture of our bed as the main photo!

(Deep breaths),lol.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Thanks Speargun,its been a promising day with another offer made,but it was too low,so i'll see if they come back,and someone who came today seems really interested.
As for my 1st estate agent,a kick up the arse would be just the start.
8 days to go online,a 2 line description that was to cover the whole house and a picture of our bed as the main photo!

(Deep breaths),lol.

Well at least you can rest easy knowing the price is pretty much bang on! and it should only be a matter of time!! --Otherwise you wudnt have anyone through your door on viewings let alone getting offers!! Some Estate Agents are not worth knowing and is why they all get tarred with the same bad brush and have such a bad reputation - I think only journalists and politicians are respected least!!! I hate bedroom photos what a waste of time!! I mean they only really show the bed and are you really wanting to sell the bed!!!?? Muppett! A decent website is a must now although these sell it yourself websites are such a waste of time!!! Good luck hopefully they come in with a decent offer soon! around here about 3% off your asking price is generally decent!! And most people never come in with their best offer to start off with!!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd add our story as a potential option for those who have friends / family already in Oz.

We accepted an offer back in August, no chain. WE STILL HAVE NOT EXCHANGED.

By November we were so sick of being in limbo, 1 of us had to give in their notice for separate reasons anyway and it was just awful. So... we just left UK!

We signed all the forms in advance, set up a trustworthy person to have power of attorney (just in case) and are staying here with family until our house sells. We've done all the immigration stuff, looked at homes on the market, got the bank accounts all ready.
We figured we could be in limbo in UK or be in limbo here... think it was a good decision.

Good luck to all, UK is the worst country in the world for buying/selling property. It can only get better!

Gemma
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

DerrickL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,feels like ive not really been on here for a while.

We thought we had sold our house and could not get the couple buying it to commit to signing the missives.Every week they would say "we'll sell ours this week then sign" and after telling us they're dropping their price,it stayed at the same rediculous price for 3 weeks.
We then decided to pull the plug last week as the estate agents took us off the market right away,but we didnt contest this as we thought we'd sold in principle.We offered a 4 month move in date to get them to sign but still they dragged their heels.

So we have been led up the garden path for 2 months and now we have had it on the market for the last week using someone else as the original estate agent was incompetent to say the least.(No im not blaming them for our sale falling through,ive a list of problems as long as your arm with them.)
Anyway new estate agent valued our house on Monday,had it online that day and a viewer booked that evening!
Its been a pleasant suprise as the last lot took 8 days and a 50 mile round trip to complain before they got us online!

We've had quite a few viewers this week,more than i expected at this time of year,and maybe we'll get over before May 24th when our entry date expires!Lol.

I know a few of you have had a similar experience,its so bloody frustrating,
and to top it off the ars*h*les that wanted the house came round to see if we'd sell them the house!!!! They have someone interested in theirs.
(Lol its the same line they've been using for months)Can you believe their bloody cheek!

I told them they can bid like anyone else but we dropped our price considerably to get away before xmas,now we're after a more realistic price and if i sell to them i owe 2 estate agents advertising fees and selling fees as the 1st lot introduced them to the property.

As bad as it seems im now content to spend our 6th and final xmas in our beautiful home and enjoy the holiday period rather than letting it stress us out.The only problem is that i'll be doing the xmas dinner again!

We will get to Oz eventually and at worst well have a holiday over in Feb to validate our visas.

Good things come to those who wait...

....and man are we waiting!
I can simpathise Barry, we just learned today also that our house sale has fallen through, we were all geared up to go to Melbourne in Jan 07, now need to put eveything on hold again.
Regards
Derrick
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:57 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i have had a nightmare selling my house,i sold it in a week but since that you would not believe what i have been through.
i must admit i felt like throwing the towel in last week but sod it ,,i have come this far, a couple more weeks and hopefully it will all be over...
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:01 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i have had a nightmare selling my house,i sold it in a week but since that you would not believe what i have been through.
i must admit i felt like throwing the towel in last week but sod it ,,i have come this far, a couple more weeks and hopefully it will all be over...
I feel sorry for all of you in this position. I cannot believe that England still allows a house buying system where people put down offers and ask the home owner to withdraw the house from the market when they have so little intention of going through with the deal! It makes me really mad!

Still love ya though AM! Ps that avatar is a scream
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:07 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I feel sorry for all of you in this position. I cannot believe that England still allows a house buying system where people put down offers and ask the home owner to withdraw the house from the market when they have so little intention of going through with the deal! It makes me really mad!

Still love ya though AM! Ps that avatar is a scream

i love you as well my darling...

how about this then,i found out last week that there was a lease attached to my house and its a bloody freehold,how about that then?i bloody pooed myself.the lease is still in the previuos owners name...the solicitor i used forgot to transfer it to my name.its o.k though i can sue him..thats alright then

jessuz...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.