Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Back online ...........

Wikiposts

Back online ...........

Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:57 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back online ...........

Originally Posted by Hels

I wont bother to comment any more.....
Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Thanks

Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:59 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Rich
Oh FFS, read the quote.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Oh FFS, read the quote.

I did!!

You're a major pain in my bum, ya know that!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:03 pm

I did!!

You're a major pain in my bum, ya know that!!!!
I'd like to be.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back on Frazer, hope you get it all sorted....at least your phone lines OK..........:@(ODTYI^%Y^&HGH%^*&*^YANMM*N EFVvdfe v£$$£ j& u n&

Hope things pick up for you..
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rossifumi
I'd like to be.

You run hot and cold!! Last night playing hard to get....tonight :scared:

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:28 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Dial up anyway and in true Fraser style most things that could have gone wrong have

The carpets were fitted and all look crap now as loose and cut in places, all the skirtings are scored by a stanley blade.

The first time we got the guy out we had only noticed it needed stretching a bit and he said he would repace a bit.

We then noticed the damaged paintwork he said he'd come back out and look, we then get a phone call from someone who says he'scoming in his place and when he arrives it's the fitters, I show him the scoring and he blames it on the paintwork so I tell him to go.

The guy from the shop then phones and says he's told him to come and re do it all and rub down and repaint the skirting< to which I said I don't want him round as he was rude about it, we haven't heard from them since but suits me as we have only paid a third.

We had a concreter round to do the alfresco and the drive, we picked yellow with brown slate impression for the alfresco and a darker grey and sandstone for the drive.

The drive looked yellow and the back brown, we the found buff that had been used at the front and lightstone had been used at the back we old him and he first denied it and when finally admitting it his argument was that the brown at the back would have lookedjust as bad as the yellow at the front.

He said he could seal it so that it was all one colour, I said I wasn't happy with that, he called me a whinging pom and said he was going to come back and dig it all up, I now I should have let him but we've got no energy left for fighting with people, I even offered to pay half the cost of the materials to do it again so that we'd both have an equal loss out of it, he said no because I might not like the new colour, I said well then hat would be my fault as I'd picked it.

In the end I've had to have it sealed grey, he gave me $200 off but like I said I really dn't have the energy to start all over again.

None of the problems with the house have been sorted yet and now one of the doors wont shut as the frame has bowed.

Oh and none of the beds or anything has been put together as we can't because we'll have to move them again because of the carpet.

The heating and gas cooker doesn't work properly either and they haven't returned our calls.

It feels good to get all that off my chest
Jesus Christ, I'm just going to buy a large tent if this is what happens when they build you a house?

I feel for you though as it's at this point that I'm sure that you were hoping that you could just settle down to life in your new house?

I hope that things improve for you....

(I wonder how quickly Arkon will sniff this thread out?)
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:35 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Sadly, standards are not what you will have been used to: many of the more generic houses that go up look great from the outside but within those walls lurk many problems! With trepidation we are about to embark on the building lark: we think we have a good builder who looks after his good tradesmen but watch this space!
Your brave.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:44 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Jesus Christ, I'm just going to buy a large tent if this is what happens when they build you a house?

I feel for you though as it's at this point that I'm sure that you were hoping that you could just settle down to life in your new house?

I hope that things improve for you....

(I wonder how quickly Arkon will sniff this thread out?)
Was that quick enough? I read threads like this with amusement, Not amused at what's happened to fraser but the way people jump to defend the poor standards that you see all around you out here. To me it's indefensible and I just can’t believe everyone doesn’t think the same. The only reason can be in the eye of the beholder.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:48 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Was that quick enough? I read threads like this with amusement, Not amused at what's happened to fraser but the way people jump to defend the poor standards that you see all around you out here. To me it's indefensible and I just can’t believe everyone doesn’t think the same. The only reason can be in the eye of the beholder.
Impressively quick....in fact a matter of about 7 minutes....
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:53 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Impressively quick....in fact a matter of about 7 minutes....
Thats what happens when you've got F all to do. I've just realised I never spent this much time on the puter using forums when I was in the UK. My nights always seemed so full. Here the night seems to last from about 5pm to midnight.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:05 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
Thats what happens when you've got F all to do. I've just realised I never spent this much time on the puter using forums when I was in the UK. My nights always seemed so full. Here the night seems to last from about 5pm to midnight.
I still cant get over the fact that its pitch black in Brisbane at 6pm
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by possoms
Who said that?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:07 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by possoms
I might open a shop in the CBD which sells night-vision goggles at a reduced rate.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.