Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

baby passport photos

Wikiposts

baby passport photos

Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:30 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default baby passport photos

just got the new bubs done today and i dont think they will be excepted looked on the website and it said they had to look directly at the camera she's 3 weeks old!! Any tips on how to get a photo the lady at the pharmacy suggested taking one myself and she would resize it on the computer.

What have other people done?? are the really that fussy?? its for a aussie passport.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:50 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: baby passport photos

We took one of our son in a photo booth by just holding him in front of the screen but he was 6 months old so was easier than with a 3 week old!

A friend took one of her baby by lying her on a white blanket and her husband dangled a bright toy above the camera whilst they took the picture
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:55 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kez81
just got the new bubs done today and i dont think they will be excepted looked on the website and it said they had to look directly at the camera she's 3 weeks old!! Any tips on how to get a photo the lady at the pharmacy suggested taking one myself and she would resize it on the computer.

What have other people done?? are the really that fussy?? its for a aussie passport.
our boy wasn't quite that young, maybe 8 weeks or so
we laid a white sheet on the bed (not too soft as it'll create bumps and shadows)
then one person held a steady camera whilst the other got his attention
took lots of shots till we thought we had a few reasonable ones
took to the photo processing shop and got them to help pick one and print out in correct dimensions
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:07 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gedge
our boy wasn't quite that young, maybe 8 weeks or so
we laid a white sheet on the bed (not too soft as it'll create bumps and shadows)
then one person held a steady camera whilst the other got his attention
took lots of shots till we thought we had a few reasonable ones
took to the photo processing shop and got them to help pick one and print out in correct dimensions
Wondered how you all did that. Had a right job trying to get the kids photos done and they are 6 and 4, they had to balance on a pile of 4 folded up coats on top of the stool which was as high as it would go! Their passport photos are great, trying to keep a straight face while doing a balancing act and listening to me nagging at them to look into the screen!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:22 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

we put white blanket over car seat and sat baby in that, for a DIY photo.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

I had my youngest son done at 6 weeks (obviously looks nothing like him now!!) I took him into the local Klick Photo shop as I walked around and popped in just as he was all happy ( or so I thought) really hard work

I thought they had to have their eyes open........they don't so don't worry too much. What on earth can they expect!!

Zo
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:01 am
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of

We took ours to a local photographer who does them with a camera. He was really good and knows if they are acceptable. Was a bit dearer than most (about 8 quid I think) but was worth it!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by walaj
we put white blanket over car seat and sat baby in that, for a DIY photo.
thats what ive done but she has a bit of a shadow beside her head.

not sure if it will be excepted.
Attached Thumbnails baby passport photos-dscf4867.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jerzo
I had my youngest son done at 6 weeks (obviously looks nothing like him now!!) I took him into the local Klick Photo shop as I walked around and popped in just as he was all happy ( or so I thought) really hard work

I thought they had to have their eyes open........they don't so don't worry too much. What on earth can they expect!!

Zo
is that for the uk one?? they are very strict for the australian passport they have to have there eyes open.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:08 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kez81
thats what ive done but she has a bit of a shadow beside her head.

not sure if it will be excepted.
aw bless her, love the hair!
not sure but there is deffo more shadow than the one did did with our boy
perhaps try on a bright day with her laying on a sheet facing the window
don't put her on anything too soft as you'll get a darkening from the depression
it's difficult to do, i know
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

This really makes me laugh - a few years ago (about 6 years) my sister worked for the post office passport section. She told me this story about a stupid thick person who was trying to get a photo of baby in the passport cubicles.

The woman had read all the instructions - the part where it says 'no one else must be visible in the picture' so she held the baby in front of the camera and put a teatowel over her head to cover her face...

I laughed so much just thinking about her...
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, what a cute baby.

My youngest needed a passport done at 2 weeks, as I gave birth in the UK but rest of the family were in another country. It was nearly Christmas and I need the passport fast to travel, so we could all be together.

She was still very sleepy and it was difficult. We took her to a proffessional photographer twice but she would not open her eyes! Just wanted to sleep. We tried a booth and similar thing.

In the end it ended up a DIY job when she was awake in the house for a short time. When she was lying on a blanket, we used a good digital camera and did photos passport size. This was the only thing that would work for us.

A baby 2 -3 weeks old is quite tricky due to them maybe being more sleepy. So a DIY photo may be better option, then you can take it at any time of day.

My other daughter was a bit older so more awake. We used a photo booth, with hubby holding her up.

GEMS
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine done at 4 weeks (daughter's that is, not mine).

On the UK passport agency website, they have a list of photographers who will guarantee an acceptable passport photo. The one we went to (in Melb) charged 31bucks and took pics on an old fashioned print film. She took heaps and then cropped the photo to meet the requirements- perfect for Aussie and UK passports.

The http://bhc.britaus.net/passports/pas...ult.asp?id=684 lists the photographers per state.

Good luck!

By the way- your daughter is cute!