Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BABY P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

BABY P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BABY P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that it must be a social service worker must be nightmare at 'ground level' and I certainly wouldn't do it. The worker involved apparently had 18 cases to deal with and not the 12 that are supposed to be the maximum. How can anyone possibly work 100% effectively in these conditions. I do think though that watching a child repeatedly bash it's own head off a wall would be enough to make me want to grab it and run. Not so simple though, is it?

However, I do think that I will save my most venemous thoughts for the sub-humans that did this to that little one. It's easy to pick on the social workers but, I do have to say that if this angle is needed to highlight problems and possibly/hopefully? get more staff and effective proceedures in place then so be it. I think it may be more difficult to go into this line of work and fill vacancies given the publicity of such cases.

I read a column recently that said that the vast majority of these sort of incidents happen in seriously underpriviledged homes than in more priviledged (not that it doesn't go on obviously). However it is far more difficult to intervene with these families as they are more likely to kick up a huge fuss and scream about knowing their rights. The suggestion was that agencies were now in fear of backlashes from the families and the media. Don't know how true it was though.

Lets not forget who are the REAL bad 'guy' in this whole, sorry fiasco though.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=573305&page=2
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the link DEEDEE. Hadn't spotted it - feel like cutting and pasting some of the comments across to my post (but would be too long and plagerism I guess)

Cheers
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hi Lorrielou,

No probs, the more people are aware of this the better, as long as the post has severed it's purpose (to make people aware).

An absolute tragic story.

D.
x
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Many thanks for the link DEEDEE. Hadn't spotted it - feel like cutting and pasting some of the comments across to my post (but would be too long and plagerism I guess)

Cheers

PM a Mod and ask them to merge the threads
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:09 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

I think the social worker dealing with the child had expressed serious concerns to her managers, but they hadn't done anything and she was told to keep quiet. Even when the police were involved and they'd told the council that the child shouldn't be returned to the family, they took no notice and sent him back.
It's a catalogue of disasters and bad management and it's those managers who should lose their jobs and, imo, not be allowed to work in child protection again.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
PM a Mod and ask them to merge the threads
Not checked emails but merged them anyway.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Good-o!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Cheers for that.
Lorraine
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Theres a text flying around in the UK naming those involved in Baby 'P's torture and murder, quite shocking thats it out there really, especially as no one knows if those named and addressed are actually the culprits! If it is them though i hope they get all they deserve,shocking story, just disgusting.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:52 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris1386
Theres a text flying around in the UK naming those involved in Baby 'P's torture and murder, quite shocking thats it out there really, especially as no one knows if those named and addressed are actually the culprits! If it is them though i hope they get all they deserve,shocking story, just disgusting.
The people responsible were named openly on the BBC website last year when arrested as they ran a headline article about it . However due to legal reasons they had to take the article down recently.

If you are so inclined a very simply google search will provide the names of the people with one website providing photographs of the mother of the child. The adults involved have also had their myspace, bebo and friends reunited accounts removed as their accounts contained a lot of personal information and photographs that were very easily accessed. There is also very serious allegations about the third adult in the house.

In my mind there has been a horrific break down in the social services system (including their contact with the medical profession) yet again. I have and have always had serious concerns about the quality of the system in place, the accountability and (I openly say) the quality of a large number of the people employed in it. I make no apologises for this.

Answers I dont have but while we always hear about the need to send messages out to the perps I do think we need a message to be sent out to social services as well.

I will leave you with one quote I read on another site and brought a very real tear from this readers eye. It was posted under the username of the Victoria Climbie. It simply said " So my death was in vain. Has nothing been learned"

As you were...
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:56 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
The people responsible were named openly on the BBC website last year when arrested as they ran a headline article about it . However due to legal reasons they had to take the article down recently.

If you are so inclined a very simply google search will provide the names of the people with one website providing photographs of the mother of the child. The adults involved have also had their myspace, bebo and friends reunited accounts removed as their accounts contained a lot of personal information and photographs that were very easily accessed. There is also very serious allegations about the third adult in the house.

In my mind there has been a horrific break down in the social services system (including their contact with the medical profession) yet again. I have and have always had serious concerns about the quality of the system in place, the accountability and (I openly say) the quality of a large number of the people employed in it. I make no apologises for this.

Answers I dont have but while we always hear about the need to send messages out to the perps I do think we need a message to be sent out to social services as well.

I will leave you with one quote I read on another site and brought a very real tear from this readers eye. It was posted under the username of the Victoria Climbie. It simply said " So my death was in vain. Has nothing been learned"

As you were...
Having read your last line i'm lost for words