Wikiposts

B****y In-Laws

Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:08 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B****y In-Laws

Thanks for all the support everyone, it means a lot.

I'm feeling naughty now. Think I'll go get a photo of somewhere in Aus and doctor it to add the 4 of us sticking the finger up and email to everyone in my husband's family
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Good for you is all I can say.

Don't let them use emotional blackmail. What if they wanted to retire to Spain or somewhere, would they expect you to carry on like that, I don't think so do you. Next time they tell you your selfish tell them that they are the selfish ones for not thinking about whats best for THEIR son and grandchildren, that'll knock the wind outta their sails.

It makes me realise just how lucky we are. Our MIL is really pleased for us, BIL probably doesn't give a toss and my brother probably doesn't realise what's going on.

The hard part for me is leaving my 18 year old Son behind, but he's made his choice and I respect that. I'll always be there if he needs me.

I sympathise with you. I'm also leaving my 19 year old behind. he was born overseas and we came back to the UK when he was 13. He says he's not moving again and that he'll miss us. At least he has a good job.
I keep hoping he'll change his mind but we've told him we'll pay for a ticket once a year so he can come on holiday. Of course thats only til he's 45
Everyone has to do the best for their family and it is their decision alone.
Life is for living and as me old dad says, you only live once!!

Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:34 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook

I'm feeling naughty now. Think I'll go get a photo of somewhere in Aus and doctor it to add the 4 of us sticking the finger up and email to everyone in my husband's family

If i send you one of us can you do me one too, pretty please

Just because they don't agree with what your doing, so long as your all happy say what i said b*llcks to them! their loss not yours!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:52 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Actually why not change the blame game.

Why didn't they take up the £10 offer back in the 60's and 70's for you.

Why have they let you endure such misery and hardship?

What support could they offer if they cant see through their own ignorance?

Are they so self loathing and lacking in self esteem that they need a sense of control over your lives?

Why would you want your kids to be associated with short sighted grandparents who have nothing of value to contribute?

They talk of heritage - your kids will learn alot more about what went on in the war - Singapore/treatment of colonials/ not all what they want to hear.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:55 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

AAArrrghhhhhhhh,

RANT ALERT

this weekend past was supposed to lovely. It was hubby's folks' Ruby Wedding Anniversary. They planned to take us (hubby and I, his 2 brothers and sil) to dinner and we were surprising them with a stretch limo to take them there (might I add at this point that "I" thought of it, planned and booked it, if it was up to all of them, nothing special would have been done).

So, we all turn up and mil's face is a picture when limo appears. We have a lovely journey, some champers and sil announces she's preggers. Excellent thought hubby and I, we can't get hit with the old "you're taking away our only grandchildren" chestnut anymore. Plus we were delighted for them too.

Lovely meal, but every time Oz gets mentioned you'd think we'd just told an obscenely dirty joke or something - looks could kill!!

Next day, hubby's out of site fixing the PC upstairs and they pounced on me - literally.

Geez, I got an hour of "you've no idea what you're doing, fil can't travel that far at his age, I would never do that to my family if I loved them, we've no right going without going on holiday first to check it out, we've no right to deny our children their heritage blah blah blah

AARRRHGGGHHHHH

I was absolutely fuming mad. So much so I've even told hubby that I'm not going back up there again unless he's with me. I am not under any circumstances going to sit and defend my decision to them any more. They are not going to change our minds so they are just going to have to learn to live with it, and the more they turn on the guilt trips, the further away they're pushing us. When we see them next we are going to tell them that we won't be mentioning moving again. If they want to ask us or add something constructive or positive then fine, but we don't want to hear another word. And if I ever find out that they've said anything negative to the girls then heaven help them

I really can't tell you how angry I was. I'm a really really placid person, wouldn't say boo to a goose but this is just going to far. They wait until we're apart then pounce! To make matters worse it was my sil who's usually one my side who was the worst (must be the hormones ). She actually sat there and said that they'd thought about doing it a few years ago but they just couldn't do that to their families and they think we're wrong and very selfish and probably won't even be able to stay the distance anyway and will come back with nothing - very nice!!!

You know what they can all go and F*** Off. Hubby and I are doing this for OUR family, for an adventure, for hopefully a better way of life and to open our eyes to the fact that there's more to life than this!! The world's a huge place, we just want to experience it, not just let it slip by living somewhere we hate. We want our kids to grow up in a multicultural society and appreciate and embrace different lifetyles and cultures. We want to live somewhere where we can get outside and not freeze, we want our kids to have a healthier lifestyle and none of that will happen here.

If you're still with me - well done. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Right, I'm off for a deep fried mars bar ready for the little one's lunch - don't worry, I'll make it healthy - she'll get Diet Irn bru with it
Ohh, sorry Gill that its turning out like this, hopefully with time it will settle down as they accept it more. Strange reaction from you sil, feel to me as if there is something else bothering her, do you think its possible, she's afraid as time goes on she will be left caring for elderly parents, I may be way off the mark here, thinking of my own sil, who is going to absolutely freak when she hears she has expressed in the past she does not intend to get dumped with my mum, bitch, I told her our mother was nothing do do with her so she could **** off , that went down well

What a bitch waiting until you were on your own, she obviously thought divided you fall, don't get intimidated by it, although having met you I don't think you would

Take care

Last edited by Margaret2; Feb 27th 2006 at 5:58 am.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:29 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

You tell em!

We're all behind you.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why doctor it, just have your photo taken somewhere fab and get everyone to do the finger. Don't make things so hard for yourself. Go the easy route
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Cosmos is an unknown quantity at this point

Poor you - they sound like right pains in the ****

My parents have been the exact opposite - so much so that they're making me feel guilty. Especially as my brother emmigrated to New Zealand last year and my Gran died a couple of months ago leaving them with no family at all in the UK.

They keep saying - they really want me to be happy, support me all the way, looking forward to coming to visit me etc.. etc.. By having this attitude I'm now really keen for them to get a holiday home or even move out permanently with me if they want to.

It's a shame as when you do go, you won't be in a rush for them to come and visit of you think they are only going to pick holes in in your new life.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:28 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

So true - it's just turned my into a petulent little child who's now digging her heels in even further

I'm going to scream and scream until I'm sick

dont u mean SCWEEEM AND SCWEEEM UNTIL UR THICK

I tell ye if my inlaws had done that to me I would have just stood up told them all to ***** off, and that they wouldnt be comin to stay then when u r in your lovely new home ...........me thinks SIL is just jealous cos she didnt have the balls to do it herself.

As you said as long as YOUR (you hubby and kiddies)family are all happy then go for it!!!!!!

Dont let the bastards grind ya down
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy

Dont let the bastards grind ya down
Oi! That's my line. Bog off and get your own
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oi! That's my line. Bog off and get your own
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

herrchook lovey, sorry to hear what a crap time they gave you. good for you though! stick to your guns and dont let them blackmail you, you're doing it for you and yours and thats what matters!!!!!

good luck hun xxx

you still going to glasgow? we're going the saturday