Wikiposts

B****y In-Laws

Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:07 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B****y In-Laws

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Not surpirsed you're angry. They just need a gentle reminder that yes, there is a selfish side to all of us, and whilst they are being selfish in trying to stop you from going, you are being selfish in wanting to get a good life/experience for yourselves. So all in all, you're pretty much equal .

I have the same prob with my mother .

Enjoy your mars bar!!
Cheers mate. I'm glad it's my mil and not my Mum who's being like this. I think I'd struggle if it was my Mum.

As for the Mars - oh my god I'm tempted (but not dep fried ) but being oh so good. I think my kids would think it was Xmas if I gave them chocolate on a Monday lunchtime - it was not MORE soup Mum today
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Wendy, I had no idea you were leaving a son behind. That fairly puts it all into perspective for me.

I love your come back line, will defo be using that one in the future. Here's hoping I don't need to though as I suspect there'll be a major falling out the next time they try any of this crap.

The thing that really gets on my tits (so to speak ) is that it's so obvious they're all having these talks about us behind our backs and then they wait until one of us is alone (hubby got it last time when he took the kids over and they told him it was all MY fault taking him away) then pounce - bloody vultures

They are probably just jealous that you have the chance to go and they haven't. Don't worry about them.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:08 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
I But when all is said and done I bet it will be the SIL that will want free board for a holiday
Too right!!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:09 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Shirley, sounds like your folks and mine have similar povs. Oh well, at least I can say they are inlaws - poor hubby! It's so hard for him as it's his family and he's stuck in the middle but thankfully his attitude is - f*** em Gill, we're doing the right thing and they just have to accept it.

Sorry to hear your Dad's so unwell btw.

No worries Gill, he's a tough yorkshireman so he just gets on with it mostly!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:11 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by thebears
Geez, I got an hour of "you've no idea what you're doing,
You know what your doing your escaping

fil can't travel that far at his age,
Why not? Not keeping his health is his issue not yours. My family travel a great deal with my great aunts and uncles in their late 80's still doing 2 or 3 London/Auckland flights a year.

I would never do that to my family if I loved them,
Well you obviously dont count us as part of your family - because if you loved us you would be supportive of what WE want in our lives.

we've no right going
I think the decision is with the Australian immigration department

without going on holiday first to check it out,
Life bothering to go for a holiday to Blackpool?

we've no right to deny our children their heritage blah blah blah
Any what exactly are they being denied? A chance to have a great life? or sit and listen to you.

they think we're wrong and very selfish
Tough live your own life not theirs!!!!!!!!!!!1

and probably won't even be able to stay the distance anyway and will come back with nothing - very nice!!!
Revenge is best eaten cold - prove them wrong and dont forget to send those lovely photos of YOUR HAPPY FAMILY AND LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS so they see YOU DID DO IT

You know what they can all go and F*** Off.
The flat planet they live on

Good Luck to ya - on a better note where are you headed?

What makes my blood boil listening to you was this is what my grandmother went through 80 years ago. But being a rebel she gave them the old tally ho and made a new life in NZ.
Wow - thanks for that. Between you and Wendy I've got plenty comeback lines now

We're heading for Adelaide, but also still hoping that in the meantime we can get a job offer for hubby in Melbourne but it's not likely.

Gill
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:12 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by soapy
great idea.
what the woman hasnt worked out is that she has made sure this family will stick it out. no matter what. so she has chased them away lol
So true - it's just turned my into a petulent little child who's now digging her heels in even further

I'm going to scream and scream until I'm sick
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:14 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Mate Lynn had a telephone conversation with her mother yesterday and it was the final straw for me so I e-mailed her with my views, if I telephoned her it would have just been a swear fest!

Her parents are just pathetic.

I've gotta leave this thread as I'll just go on the rampage down McDonalds.
You did the right thing I think. We were thinking of writing something down too - nothing ver comes out properly when we try and explain it all and we really don't want a screaming match.

See you at McDonalds
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:15 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by alan and sam
After reading this thread, i count my blessings

What a lucky bunny i am, In-laws don't know anything about our proposed jaunt to Oz,
We have no intnetion of going out of our way to tell them either
Alan said if they want to know they'll come and ask when they see the house on the market (they all live within 10 mins of us :scared: )
If they dont come and ask, tough s**t they wont know!
Geez, half your luck, although I suspect you've come a long way to get to that stage with them?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:16 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by WendyC
They are probably just jealous that you have the chance to go and they haven't. Don't worry about them.
Cheers Wendy. When I get to Adelaide, can I adopt you as my new sil?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Wendy. When I get to Adelaide, can I adopt you as my new sil?

Yes of course you can

That's as long as you don't desert me and go to Adelaide, can't believe you'd be so selfish
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:22 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Think I better change my family name - everyone keeps talking about coming over to vent their frustrations.

Was thinking of setting up a chinese fast food restaurant called McWongs.
(My wife is Chinese)

Shane (McDonald)
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

AAArrrghhhhhhhh,

RANT ALERT

this weekend past was supposed to lovely. It was hubby's folks' Ruby Wedding Anniversary. They planned to take us (hubby and I, his 2 brothers and sil) to dinner and we were surprising them with a stretch limo to take them there (might I add at this point that "I" thought of it, planned and booked it, if it was up to all of them, nothing special would have been done).

So, we all turn up and mil's face is a picture when limo appears. We have a lovely journey, some champers and sil announces she's preggers. Excellent thought hubby and I, we can't get hit with the old "you're taking away our only grandchildren" chestnut anymore. Plus we were delighted for them too.

Lovely meal, but every time Oz gets mentioned you'd think we'd just told an obscenely dirty joke or something - looks could kill!!

Next day, hubby's out of site fixing the PC upstairs and they pounced on me - literally.

Geez, I got an hour of "you've no idea what you're doing, fil can't travel that far at his age, I would never do that to my family if I loved them, we've no right going without going on holiday first to check it out, we've no right to deny our children their heritage blah blah blah

AARRRHGGGHHHHH

I was absolutely fuming mad. So much so I've even told hubby that I'm not going back up there again unless he's with me. I am not under any circumstances going to sit and defend my decision to them any more. They are not going to change our minds so they are just going to have to learn to live with it, and the more they turn on the guilt trips, the further away they're pushing us. When we see them next we are going to tell them that we won't be mentioning moving again. If they want to ask us or add something constructive or positive then fine, but we don't want to hear another word. And if I ever find out that they've said anything negative to the girls then heaven help them

I really can't tell you how angry I was. I'm a really really placid person, wouldn't say boo to a goose but this is just going to far. They wait until we're apart then pounce! To make matters worse it was my sil who's usually one my side who was the worst (must be the hormones ). She actually sat there and said that they'd thought about doing it a few years ago but they just couldn't do that to their families and they think we're wrong and very selfish and probably won't even be able to stay the distance anyway and will come back with nothing - very nice!!!

You know what they can all go and F*** Off. Hubby and I are doing this for OUR family, for an adventure, for hopefully a better way of life and to open our eyes to the fact that there's more to life than this!! The world's a huge place, we just want to experience it, not just let it slip by living somewhere we hate. We want our kids to grow up in a multicultural society and appreciate and embrace different lifetyles and cultures. We want to live somewhere where we can get outside and not freeze, we want our kids to have a healthier lifestyle and none of that will happen here.

If you're still with me - well done. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Right, I'm off for a deep fried mars bar ready for the little one's lunch - don't worry, I'll make it healthy - she'll get Diet Irn bru with it
As all the others have said your in-laws are the selfish ones. Whats more they are bullies as they waited until you were along to gang up on you!!
My MIL and FIL have been great and really supported us but my mother who is nearly 80 has refused point blank to come to see us in AUS. She claims she is too old to fly even though she is 100% fit. I have told her I will fill a wardrobe with clothes in Aus for her so she will have no luggage to carry and will pay for her flights once a year and if that is not good enough then it's her who is cutting herself off from us. I don't really understand why she is a bit funny about us going as we haven't lived in the same country for 15 years!!! And then there's my BIL. He was last seen on Christmas day screaming at us 'when are you 2 f****in off' as he stormed out and slammed the door :scared: As they say there's nowt as strange as families. just stick to your guns and do whats best for your family, I know we will.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

really feel for you, same probs with my in laws, all blame me for taking grand kids away etc etc, sil blames us for leaving her with mil (who's only 65), mil is complete waste of space, i think need to go along with most peoples thoughts, and that is your family are your other half, and your kids, f**k anyone else who won't accept your wishes for your life.
all the very best. Dom
karma sent
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:50 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, half your luck, although I suspect you've come a long way to get to that stage with them?

t'was a very long and rocky hill to climb,
but as i say i've got what i want and am happy with my lot! they so obviously are not and i pity them for that!

mind you would love to be a fly on the wall if/when they do find out!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:06 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by alan and sam
t'was a very long and rocky hill to climb,
but as i say i've got what i want and am happy with my lot! they so obviously are not and i pity them for that!

mind you would love to be a fly on the wall if/when they do find out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.