Australia's burning

Old Jan 6th 2020, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia's burning

Originally Posted by GarryP
To me the key question will be how many idiots still support Morrison after this. By all rights it should be him and his mum left - such was the litany of crass incompetence demonstrated. Thus if there's still double digit percentage support, those are the idiots who have totally lost contact with reality. In the US they have 30+% of morons that still support trump - so what will it be here? It's a good measure of national insanity.

As for people blaming the greens and threatening them - a better argument against democracy I've not heard.
Against democracy???????? Oh dear. The lunatics of the left.

Meanwhile ............ 200 hundred people arrested for starting the bushfires.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...EtUFsjH44BYKqg
Old Jan 6th 2020, 10:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Tell you what there is one hell of a backlash coming when people realize that they picked the wrong scapegoat in the greens. Nothing worse than people who truly believe something being proven wrong and thats going to happen en masse eventually.

It's actually a bit of a worry because the anger is palpable and I'm not sure how this is all going to end.

How long they will continue in their ignorance is also a bloody worry as well.

I've never seen this country so Angry. Someone made a death threat to the Greens leader just after he'd been on 3AW. at 5pm today.... They cut the caller off but it was clear what he meant, and there are literally 10,000's of people out there like the loony caller on the radio this afternoon.

When people won't believe what someone is clearly saying and even has written as their manifesto and still people call them liars.... Well, it takes some beating. Don't think I've seen a situation like this before.

When this massive boil is lanced there is going to be s.....t everywhere.
It's wrong to blame the Greens but I don't think that there will be a backlash. Dirty politics works - as we have seen in Australia, and around the Anglosphere, in recent years

I'm not unhappy to see the Greens getting unfairly smashed - they're a terrible, hateful outfit that needs to be smacked down
Old Jan 6th 2020, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
To me the key question will be how many idiots still support Morrison after this. By all rights it should be him and his mum left - such was the litany of crass incompetence demonstrated. Thus if there's still double digit percentage support, those are the idiots who have totally lost contact with reality. In the US they have 30+% of morons that still support trump - so what will it be here? It's a good measure of national insanity.

As for people blaming the greens and threatening them - a better argument against democracy I've not heard.
Originally Posted by Beoz
Against democracy???????? Oh dear. The lunatics of the left.

Meanwhile ............ 200 hundred people arrested for starting the bushfires.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...EtUFsjH44BYKqg
The country's alight gents, and this isn't the forum for your incessant political point scoring. Odd that you use the word crass Gary.
Old Jan 6th 2020, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's wrong to blame the Greens but I don't think that there will be a backlash. Dirty politics works - as we have seen in Australia, and around the Anglosphere, in recent years

I'm not unhappy to see the Greens getting unfairly smashed - they're a terrible, hateful outfit that needs to be smacked down

Not at the expense of the true facts getting through to the masses..

Old Jan 7th 2020, 12:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not at the expense of the true facts getting through to the masses..

I could go somewhere with your statement - but I'm not as it's not the time or thread......
Old Jan 7th 2020, 1:37 am
Account Closed

We've had a bit of rain the last couple of days, and it cleared much of the smoke. Starting to warm up for the next round though.

as we have extensive bush land at the back I've re plumbed in our pool pump as a fire hose, mainly because I thought of it and didn't want to end up wishing I'd done it.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 1:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
The country's alight gents, and this isn't the forum for your incessant political point scoring
Couldn't agree more. Ozzie, Beoz and Garry, perhaps start a new thread if you want to do this?
Old Jan 7th 2020, 1:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a bit of rain the last couple of days, and it cleared much of the smoke. Starting to warm up for the next round though.

as we have extensive bush land at the back I've re plumbed in our pool pump as a fire hose, mainly because I thought of it and didn't want to end up wishing I'd done it.
Your beautiful garden Good on you for being as prepared as you can Steve. It would be so good to be able to say 'it's over'. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for the firies.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

No. What you've just described is your own death. If you are under a watch and act, please go. Do not think you are going to fight a fire wall or a massive ember attack with pool water and a makeshift hose. When Emergency Services talks about "actively defending" they are speaking to farmers and station owners who have decades of experience, professional equipment, millions of litres of water at their disposal (including dams), multiple and disparate escape routes off their properties and who have last resort options. They are not speaking to weekend warriors on lifestyle blocks.

Are you understanding that the radiant heat is probably going to kill you long before your makeshift hose reaches any flames, even if the makeshift hose even works a little bit as intended? Or what is going to happen when hundreds, if not thousands, of burning leaves or small branches are all blowing around and landing all around your property at the same time?
Old Jan 7th 2020, 2:12 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by carcajou
No. What you've just described is your own death. If you are under a watch and act, please go. Do not think you are going to fight a fire wall or a massive ember attack with pool water and a makeshift hose. When Emergency Services talks about "actively defending" they are speaking to farmers and station owners who have decades of experience, professional equipment, millions of litres of water at their disposal (including dams), multiple and disparate escape routes off their properties and who have last resort options. They are not speaking to weekend warriors on lifestyle blocks.

Are you understanding that the radiant heat is probably going to kill you long before your makeshift hose reaches any flames, even if the makeshift hose even works a little bit as intended? Or what is going to happen when hundreds, if not thousands, of burning leaves or small branches are all blowing around and landing all around your property at the same time?
I may be mistaken, but I don't think Steve was talking about staying and defending his house from an approaching bushfire. It makes sense for people living around dry scrub or bush to have an additional water supply in the fire season, in the event of a small spot fire nearby. On the advice of firefighters I've kept the roof and garden hosed down on two occasions to prevent embers catching from small, contained fires nearby.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I may be mistaken, but I don't think Steve was talking about staying and defending his house from an approaching bushfire. It makes sense for people living around dry scrub or bush to have an additional water supply in the fire season, in the event of a small spot fire nearby. On the advice of firefighters I've kept the roof and garden hosed down on two occasions to prevent embers catching from small, contained fires nearby.
Agreed if that is the context.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 3:20 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

As have we.

Back in 2013, we had a fire in the back yard (small from an ember attack - it might even have been from the containment lines they were creating in the ravine at the back of our yards). At the time, fire crews were stationed at the bottom of our street. As I was running around like a headless chicken, throwing animals and children in the car (the children were all in their 20s, I don't think they were overly impressed at being thrown into a car ), one of the firemen told me to calm down, it was all good, and that we didn't need to leave unless we felt safer doing so. Mr Dreamy, NextDoorGary and OtherSideTony were using hoses to keep the back of the houses nice and wet. There was a big difference between that and when we actually were told to evacuate. Our plan is always to leave at the first sign of trouble - but it needs to be in context.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 3:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carcajou

Thank you for your concern you wonderful human being but Scouse is right we're in no imminent danger so it's more precautionary than anything. I'd probably end up staying longer than I should but I wouldn't stick around if things got hairy. Not gonna send karma, as I think the entire forum should know just how touched I am by your concern.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more. Ozzie, Beoz and Garry, perhaps start a new thread if you want to do this?

Point willingly taken onboard.

Old Jan 7th 2020, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you on tank water Steve or are there gardening watering restrictions in your neck of the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.