Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian sports fans...

Australian sports fans...

Old Jul 24th 2013, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

The Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian sports fans...

usually have my toes curling with embarrassment, but I must say the crowd at Melbourne tonight have been magnificent.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian sports fans...

Originally Posted by The Cumbrian
usually have my toes curling with embarrassment, but I must say the crowd at Melbourne tonight have been magnificent.
1st time Liverpool have played in front of 95,000?

I hope Suarez had his rabies shot before entering Australia.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

The Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Cumbrian has a reputation beyond repute

they got in wrong when they said it was the highest attendance Liverpool have ever played in. They have played in front of a 100,000+ crowd on several occasions.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

they got in wrong when they said it was the highest attendance Liverpool have ever played in. They have played in front of a 100,000+ crowd on several occasions.
Would love to post where and when on some of the facebook comments I'm seeing... Galatasary ?

3rd biggest real football crowd in Aus, After two olympic games back in 2000.

I'm kind of regretting that I didnt go yesterday now as a MV member of 7 years. The FFA stuffed up the ticketing for the active part of MV's support hence there were around 10K MV fans that didnt go. No North or South Ends... which would have given opposition support.... They didn't sell the tickets to the active support MV ends first like they usually do for finals games and went straight to members with 10 tickets purchased per membership for general MV membership. So basically that game was boycotted by 'active" MV fans. Not that it made much difference at the end of the day.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 25th 2013 at 3:45 am.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

I was there, I was really impressed with the MCG, with the crowd in general, language a bit choice at times. Have to say the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone will stay with me a very long time, it was amazing.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

I was at Wembley in 1989 when we lost to Wimbledon - that was a 100,000 crowd.

I think what they meant was that this was the highest number of Liverpool fans that Liverpool had played in front of as the 100,000 at Wembley would not all be Liverpool supporters.

YNWA last night was outstanding. I took my 11 year old, a mad Liverpool fan. It was his first Liverpool game so it was a wonderful moment for me (and him) !
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense so many aussies support Liverpool....they are 20 years behind in everything....

On a more serious note - I really wish there was that the kind of support shown in the liverpool and man u games was shown for the A-League.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:22 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

FA Cup final was 100,000 v the Geordies (in 74). 86 FA Cup v Everton was 98,000 (that truly was 95,000+ Scousers)
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:23 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Makes sense so many aussies support Liverpool....they are 20 years behind in everything....

On a more serious note - I really wish there was that the kind of support shown in the liverpool and man u games was shown for the A-League.
It is mostly down to Craig Johnston. A Saffa born Aussie playing in the most dominant club team in the world at the time, was quite a feat!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
FA Cup final was 100,000 v the Geordies (in 74). 86 FA Cup v Everton was 98,000 (that truly was 95,000+ Scousers)
Aye shell suits and nicked hubcaps for as far as the eye could see.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Report in the herald sun today that MV have been invited to play at Anfield next year and this could become an annual event.

That could be a good game to go to, Plenty of Aussies in the UK, plus a fair few travelling MV fans.

Page 84 of the HS.