British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Australian Racism (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/australian-racism-817328/)

Loch Lomond Dec 9th 2013 8:42 pm

Australian Racism

As spoken by an Aussie...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-8993322.html

TheCreature Dec 9th 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Australian Racism

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond (Post 11028136)

More an example of how the UK has no control over its own borders than how racist Australia is.
One of the most infamous 'attacks' on Indians, turned out to be some guy who set himself on fire, as he torched his own car, in an attempt to carry out an insurance scam.

Perpetual Tourist Dec 9th 2013 8:51 pm

I quite like this guy, but I think to say that "Australia is a particularly racist country" is a bit too much of a sweeping statement.

commonwealth Dec 9th 2013 9:36 pm

Let him stay in the UK!!!!

Amazulu Dec 9th 2013 10:41 pm

We are friends with a family with exactly the same racial mix as his and their viewpoint is completely opposite to him

Who's right and who's wrong?

papilon Dec 10th 2013 12:08 am

One thing I know, if I had carried out a similar attack at lets say the Melbourne cup I would have been kicked out of this country quicker than you can say jack frost.

Great to see the tosser eating humble pie though even stooping so low aas to insult his own country.

ozzieeagle Dec 10th 2013 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 11028364)
We are friends with a family with exactly the same racial mix as his and their viewpoint is completely opposite to him

Who's right and who's wrong?

Yehp where's my South London mate Raj... you can hear it from the horses mouth :)

To be honest, from my 33 years here.... Bush more racist than Country UK... Aus Cities less racist than Cities UK.... Thats my view.

Ballys Dec 10th 2013 1:10 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 11028484)
Yehp where's my South London mate Raj... you can hear it from the horses mouth :)

To be honest, from my 33 years here.... Bush more racist than Country UK... Aus Cities less racist than Cities UK.... Thats my view.

Spot on.

BTW Good win at the weekend,hope you stay up:fingerscrossed:

Amazulu Dec 10th 2013 1:37 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 11028484)

There will always be victims in life - sounds like this guy is one of them

Rajjjjjj? He's my mate too - I love smashing him on here. Great sport!

ozzieeagle Dec 10th 2013 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 11028501)
There will always be victims in life - sounds like this guy is one of them

Rajjjjjj? He's my mate too - I love smashing him on here. Great sport!

Great bloke, he actually put me onto Bexpats way back, been around a long time. Follows Palace and Victory and I see him at both outings. Loves a beer.

Amazulu Dec 10th 2013 1:43 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 11028502)
Great bloke

I'm sure he is

I just wish he would stop with the unprovoked name calling and insults on here. If you read something on BE that you don't like or agree with, there are ways to respond properly. Unfortunately, he seems incapable of this

sonlymewalter Dec 10th 2013 2:08 am

Not sure I understand this......

The guys behaves in a way that is deemed illegal in the UK and for which he is threatened deportation from UK back to Australia?

In his defence not to be deported from UK back to Aus he claims his wife (who is Indian) will be treated unfairly in Australia as generally speaking Australia is racist?

So based on his claim of defence the UK courts have allowed him to stay in UK?

Maybe I misunderstood this:confused:

TheCreature Dec 10th 2013 2:22 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 11028527)

The guys behaves in a way that is deemed illegal in the UK and for which he is threatened deportation from UK back to Australia?

In his defence not to be deported from UK back to Aus he claims his wife (who is Indian) will be treated unfairly in Australia as generally speaking Australia is racist?

Sounds about right.

Based on this report, does that mean anybody white, who makes it to these shores from the UK, can claim its unsafe for them to go back as the UK is racist?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4156444.html

sonlymewalter Dec 10th 2013 2:27 am

Originally Posted by TheCreature (Post 11028536)
Sounds about right.

Based on this report, does that mean anybody white, who makes it to these shores from the UK, can claim its unsafe for them to go back as the UK is racist?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4156444.html

Not quite as my understanding is that he claims Australia is racist however the UK is not racist (hence wanting to stay in UK)

Isn't this how you read it?

Amazulu Dec 10th 2013 2:32 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 11028527)

I think that's not the case - more like the judge looking at the overall situation and making a judgement

If it is the case then it is very worrying. A UK judge deciding that a fellow western liberal democracy is inherently racist would be insane