Wikiposts

Australian Natives

Old Aug 21st 2006, 7:42 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Natives

Originally Posted by Bix
I'm not upping the ante.......you can make do with the one beer
not even a bag of peanuts. I'm cheap you know
Old Aug 21st 2006, 7:51 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
Ian Brown isn't Scottish!
Neither were the rest of The Stone Roses.
As for him, "torturing the English" I have to disagree.
I have some English friends who think that Ian is a bloody good musician!
Thought I replied to this last night...missing...ment Grodon Brown not Ian Brown, too much sun ... .
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mackinnon
First point, xxxxxxx . I'm in Melbourne.

Second point. I'm Scottish, not a Pom, I believe the term you may be trying to say is English? In which case you'd be wrong again. You're probably used to being wrong by now?

Third point.
If I want to offer my two cents to any post on this forum I will.

Fourth point. I have been around enough of Australia to see drunken Aborigines, be racially abused by one in Cairns, and to have heard some white Australians disgraceful attitudes towards them. So don't tell me I shouldn't comment on this subject.

Fifth point. My Australian wife thinks you're a xxxxxxx as well.
To me... the English and the Scottish are all poms just as I am an Aussie whats the big deal? It's not meant to be a negative slant like you seem to think it is!

Anyway... this is my point. WOW you went to Cairns... good on you, did you enjoy your 2 weeks there? I couldn't care less where you live in Australia... the point is i KNEW you didn't live in Northern Australia because your attitude is ignorant. Ohh and your Melbourne wife knows all about Aboriginals does she? Did she meet one on the way to Chapel Street?

Anyhoos, everything you wrote confirmed all my opinions- most Australians living down south have no idea about Aboriginals, most actually think the half castes they see in Melbourne and Brisbane are the only Aboriginal people around. They don't even realise pure bloods exist and that they are lovely lovely people.

The only bad attitudes I hear about Aboriginals come from ignorant people like you calling them drunkards and racists (and notice you are a Scot not a disgraceful white australian?) These kinds of comments come from people who live in Sydney and the like, who have NO IDEA about what they are talking about. You literally DO NOT know anything about the true Aboriginals. You don't even realise that the ones in the cities like Darwin and Cairns are the ones who have been outlawed from their communities for bad behaviour. You didn't know that did you... is that because your 2 week tour of cairns forgot to mention this?

I don't think it's fair for you to judge and offer your sh*tty 2 cents when you have no idea about these people and what we are trying to do for them. Your negative attitude only creates problems for us who are trying our very best to help Aboriginal people living in communities.

And ps. I wouldn't even bother showing my Aboriginal friends your pathetic comments because it's a load of ignorant bullsh*t.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 21st 2006 at 11:49 pm. Reason: language
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
That's great to say it's fine for Aboriginal children to go out and catch lizards instead of go to school because it's thier culture but the fact of the matter is that this is Australia and it has changed since the British colonised. Everybody HAS TO adapt to the changing times. We all have to fit into Australia's policies if we want to live here, regardless of what background we come from, we are ruled by Oz law and have to live in Oz society whether we like it or not.

If I had children would it be acceptable for me to tell my 10 year old that it was okay for him to go out and play football instead of go to class because they are thier own person and can make those sorts of adult decisions? No, because I have to follow the rule of the land.

Yes exactly... but I don't know. I think it's so backwards for us to say ' right thats, it live here, do this, go to school'. We don't walk into Indonesia and say 'right start drinking alcohol, stop wearing that' etc etc.

Aboriginal people were here first and one could argue that WE should fit into their culture.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whoever
Yes exactly... but I don't know. I think it's so backwards for us to say ' right thats, it live here, do this, go to school'. We don't walk into Indonesia and say 'right start drinking alcohol, stop wearing that' etc etc.

Aboriginal people were here first and one could argue that WE should fit into their culture.

The British didn't take Indonesia, they took Australia.

Whether it's right or wrong the British took over Australia, imposed their culture and that's just the way it is. Nothing will change that and I hardly think that your average Aussie would really think it's a good idea to start living like an Aboriginal.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:54 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

What a jolly good idea lets scrap everything invented in the last 200 yrs and go live in humpies & caves like prehistoric man. Where do we sign?

Meanwhile back in the real world............................................. ...............
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
What a jolly good idea lets scrap everything invented in the last 200 yrs and go live in humpies & caves like prehistoric man. Where do we sign?
Hang on a cotton pickin minute; I'm not upgrading just cos a moderator suggests it
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:09 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile back in the real world............................................. ...............
And I will force you to drink (I know I know), you will like it (I know I know), your kids will as well and therefore I have got you into a cycle that will continue for generations.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:14 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hang on a cotton pickin minute; I'm not upgrading just cos a moderator suggests it
I've seen the pics of your cave mate, for a while I thought you lived a few K south of Cairns............................................ .... Innisfail maybe
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by seang
And I will force you to drink (I know I know), you will like it (I know I know), your kids will as well and therefore I have got you into a cycle that will continue for generations.
No need to force me I like it, I like it a lot
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Yea but... I am sure Aboriginal people think the same thing about our lives. And well they were here first. I don't it's fair to make them conform.

As I said in my first post if it were up to the English they would MAKE them loose their traditions and conform haha... interesting....
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:41 am
small steps long journey

As I said in my first post if it were up to the English they would MAKE them loose their traditions and conform haha... interesting....
then rage against the machine man rage against the machine
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

for the record... Aboriginals don't live in caves or ' humpys' so don't panic.

Generally they live in the spear grass, that's why they are sometimes called 'long grassers'.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:20 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

A question about politics for you............ do you get extra brownie points from friends in the left for mentioning "Aboriginal friends" in one of your posts?

Well done.

The point about you dismissing my call on you misidentifying my place of residence holds no water, I'm prepared to read ALL of your post, you can summarise mine and choose what you want to read? XXXX you.

Ohh and your Melbourne wife knows all about Aboriginals does she? Did she meet one on the way to Chapel Street?

Again you show your reactive ignorance.

FYI my wife has lived in Queensland & Western Australia & has had plenty interaction with Indigenous folk, plenty good & plenty bad. Shock horror.

As for the distinction between city Aboriginals & "true" Aboriginals *AS YOU PUT IT*, "half castes" just HIGHLIGHTS YOUR OWN SORDID RACISM, I have a few suggestions for you whoever, undeserved of a capital letter, and all of them involve a fully loaded revolver. Good day.

Or as we say in Scotland, "get it right up ye!"

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 22nd 2006 at 2:50 am. Reason: Cut out the bad language and abuse - its unnecessary
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mackinnon
A question about politics for you............ do you get extra brownie points from friends in the left for mentioning "Aboriginal friends" in one of your posts?

Well done.

The point about you dismissing my call on you misidentifying my place of residence holds no water, I'm prepared to read ALL of your post, you can summarise mine and choose what you want to read? XXXX you.

FYI my wife has lived in Queensland & Western Australia & has had plenty interaction with Indigenous folk, plenty good & plenty bad. Shock horror.

As for the distinction between city Aboriginals & "true" Aboriginals *AS YOU PUT IT*, "half castes" just HIGHLIGHTS YOUR OWN SORDID RACISM, I have a few suggestions for you whoever, undeserved of a capital letter, and all of them involve a fully loaded revolver. Good day.

Or as we say in Scotland, "get it right up ye!"

Nah mate... see AGAIN you have NO IDEA. Half caste is the normal term within Aboriginal communities and those who actually associate and know Aboriginal people... you are only highlighting your ignorance by thinking it is a racist term.

I have spent my short 22 year old life living in Aboriginal communities, most of my mates are HALF CASTE (ohhh yes I said it again) or full blood. I am young, however all I see in you is desregard and negativity about cultures you don't understand whether that be white Australian culture or Aboriginal culture. I find it deeply insulting when people like you tell ME that 1. The people I grew up with are racist and drunks and 2. that I myself am rascist and 3. That apparently white Aussies don't do anything to help the situation.

Your opinion is basic at best. For your own sake don't go up North again, you'll probably have a heart attack when you hear HALF CASTE being thrown around like it's going outta style. Or maybe you'll be abused again, and rightly so because your probably like the other poms who cross the road when a badly dressed brother walks by.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 22nd 2006 at 3:03 am. Reason: removing language from quoted post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.