Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian jobs protected by freeze on foreign workers

Originally Posted by steve`o
i can
Honestly? That's not too bright
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

There was a depressing article on the news at the weekend on the immigrant 'camps' in Calais where people are desperately trying to reach the UK. When interviewed, one chap said that he had heard that the UK give you money for doing nothing and that he would like that very much! He tries to get onto the backs of lorries every day and is determined that he will do. Working God knows how many hours everyday and paying extortionate amounts of tax, I do feel pretty cheated to be subsidising people who basically have no intention of contributing anything to the economy. I wouldn't expect to enter Oz (or any other country) without the intention of contributing to it. There is a flip side of course. I was chatting recently to a Hungarian woman who works at the nursery our kids used to go. She is 'going home' as she can't stand the way she is being treated here with long working hours for not much pay and living in one room in a shared house and people being very hostile to her, poor woman.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice
Default Re: Australia has Closed the Door!

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
It does sound like political spin and as you say it's clear as mud! Don't know about CO thing? It would seem a bit unfair if you've paid your fee and applied and half way through the rules change and they say no.

It would be fairer to apply the new rules to new applicants but still that won't seem fair to them... It's a no win situation really.
Yes thats what i think...We applied in Dec before the change, i was hoping that it would apply only to new applicants, i think thats only fair!
If we get taken off the MODL too would we get a refund???:curse:
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
There was a depressing article on the news at the weekend on the immigrant 'camps' in Calais where people are desperately trying to reach the UK. When interviewed, one chap said that he had heard that the UK give you money for doing nothing and that he would like that very much! He tries to get onto the backs of lorries every day and is determined that he will do. Working God knows how many hours everyday and paying extortionate amounts of tax, I do feel pretty cheated to be subsidising people who basically have no intention of contributing anything to the economy. I wouldn't expect to enter Oz (or any other country) without the intention of contributing to it. There is a flip side of course. I was chatting recently to a Hungarian woman who works at the nursery our kids used to go. She is 'going home' as she can't stand the way she is being treated here with long working hours for not much pay and living in one room in a shared house and people being very hostile to her, poor woman.

Oh gawd

Check out how much free money the bloody aus government gives away, to the newly arrived and those who cant be bothed to get off their huge asses. Then check out tax rates in OZ.

Good to hear you wont be hitting centerlink when you first arrive thought
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:56 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yes, totally serious but you obviously believe that the UK is in economic meltdown and that it's down to the UK (EU) immigration policy or illegal immigration. It's a global recession and much as I dislike Gordon Brown and loathe Tony Blair, I cannot blame the global problem on them however much I'd like to unfortunately. It's a cyclical thing that has occurred since the industrial revolution but that's not what you want to hear. Presumably when the world comes out of the recession all the illegal immigrants around the world will have gone back to their birth country?
I don't belieive that the economic meltdown is down to the UK (EU) immigration policy or illegal immigration but because of the meltdown thousands of jobs are being lost so there should be a cap on immigration, just like Australia. Would you be happy to be competing for jobs against immigrants from the EU ? What did Gordon Brown say ? 'British jobs for British people'

As regards the economic meltdown in the UK, I do hold Tony Blair and Gordon Brown partly/largely responsible for it. It was their mismanagement of the economy, encouraging everyone to go in huge personnal debt etc etc that caused it. They should have been regulating the banks. The UK had the best pension system in the world before they destroyed it. :curse: . Typical NU-Labour spin that they try to blame it on it being a global thing.

Last edited by BAY; Mar 17th 2009 at 1:00 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:13 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
I don't belieive that the economic meltdown is down to the UK (EU) immigration policy or illegal immigration but because of the meltdown thousands of jobs are being lost so there should be a cap on immigration, just like Australia. Would you be happy to be competing for jobs against immigrants from the EU ? What did Gordon Brown say ? 'British jobs for British people'
With an election fast approaching though, what do you think Gordon Brown has to gain from supposedly failing to ring fence British jobs for British people?

Perhaps the policymakers have a view that goes passed then end of next week. There are plenty of economists out there that believe that slamming the door shut in the face of a slowing economy is exactly the wrong thing to do because immigrants also stimulate an economy and lead to greater demand.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia has Closed the Door!

Originally Posted by Sonn
Yes thats what i think...We applied in Dec before the change, i was hoping that it would apply only to new applicants, i think thats only fair!
If we get taken off the MODL too would we get a refund???:curse:
No, you would not get a refund. Removal from MODL does not affect your previously lodged application. Your application would still be assessed based on the criteria in effect when it was lodged. If by some chance you do not meet the minimum points required your application will be "pooled" for up to 2 years. This gives you 2 years to either increase your total points or for the minimum points to be decreased.

www.immi.gov.au sets out all the information about refunds and pooling.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:23 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
With an election fast approaching though, what do you think Gordon Brown has to gain from supposedly failing to ring fence British jobs for British people?

Perhaps the policymakers have a view that goes passed then end of next week. There are plenty of economists out there that believe that slamming the door shut in the face of a slowing economy is exactly the wrong thing to do because immigrants also stimulate an economy and lead to greater demand.
But there are currently, on average, 10 people chasing every job vacancy in the UK. That can't be a good thing My gripe is not about immigration but about uncontrolled immigration.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
because of the meltdown thousands of jobs are being lost so there should be a cap on immigration, just like Australia. Would you be happy to be competing for jobs against immigrants from the EU ? What did Gordon Brown say ? 'British jobs for British people'

As regards the economic meltdown in the UK, I do hold Tony Blair and Gordon Brown partly/largely responsible for it. It was their mismanagement of the economy, encouraging everyone to go in huge personnal debt etc etc that caused it. They should have been regulating the banks. The UK had the best pension system in the world before they destroyed it. :curse: . Typical NU-Labour spin that they try to blame it on it being a global thing.
Do you know for a fact that there isn't a cap on immigration? Britain is part of the EU and as such there are free borders - both ways. It wasn't Brown and Blair who agreed that, it wasn't New Labour who agreed the terms of Britain joining the EU and because of the way it works, they cannot now close the borders to the rest of the EU but that's not their fault. As for encouraging everyone to get into huge personal debt, you have a short memory. I think you'll find that was Thatcher, people became greedy and their children copied them.

I will agree that there should have been more regulation of the banks and yes you can blame Blair and Brown for that mess, however, the recession would still have happened because of the very close links the UK has to the US, may not have been so severe though but we'll never know for sure.

It's still got nothing to do with a supposed but as yet unconfirmed cut in Autralian migration numbers.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

What happens to EU Citizens when they go to Finland/Denmark or Sweden, I understand the Scandinavian Countries have even more social benefits than the UK.

I'm not sure what happens with Social benefits, in countries like Germany/Austria/Holland/Belgium or Ireland for that matter ?

I know France likes to look after it's own, does that pretty well on the social services front apparently.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What happens to EU Citizens when they go to Finland/Denmark or Sweden, I understand the Scandinavian Countries have even more social benefits than the UK.

I'm not sure what happens with Social benefits, in countries like Germany/Austria/Holland/Belgium or Ireland for that matter ?

I know France likes to look after it's own, does that pretty well on the social services front apparently.
Perhaps Scandanavians have a forum whinging about poms coming to Scandanavia for the benefits

I know a mate of mine who went to live in Spain about 3 years ago, is now returning to the UK, financially she has gone downhill at a rapid pace, sounds like they certanly look after their own when jobs are involved, dont know a thing about social security. She went with a divorce settlement, all thats left is now tied up in the villa
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Perhaps Scandanavians have a forum whinging about poms coming to Scandanavia for the benefits

I know a mate of mine who went to live in Spain about 3 years ago, is now returning to the UK, financially she has gone downhill at a rapid pace, sounds like they certanly look after their own when jobs are involved, dont know a thing about social security. She went with a divorce settlement, all thats left is now tied up in the villa
Just wondered if there was a semblance of a level playing field, amongst the Northern European Countries, when it came to Social Security. If not surely thats an issue for the EU as a whole. ?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does this following ruling cover all European Countries where there are social security payments ?

http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/emire...RYGGHET-SE.htm
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I'm sure they do. I'm convinced there is are French and Spanish forums moaning about the Brits but it's funny how some Brits often think this stuff only happens in Britain.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm sure they do. I'm convinced there is are French and Spanish forums moaning about the Brits but it's funny how some Brits often think this stuff only happens in Britain.
Yes I'm sure they do as well, as my research this afternoon has shown me that equal access to local social security applies to all EEC member nations.

So what the Poles and Romanians do, UK people can do within the better social security domains of Denmark Finland and Sweden. It's a shame Norway isnt in the EEC yet, as one can probably get by with not having to learn the local language there. Unless Norway has a special social security arrangement with the UK, like it has with it's Scandinavian Neighbours.

BTW one of the Scandianvian nations claims to have the best social security and pension schemes in the world... Finland I think

http://europa.eu.int/eures/main.jsp?...yId=DK&living=

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 17th 2009 at 6:42 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.