Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian jobs protected by freeze on foreign workers

Australian jobs protected by freeze on foreign workers

Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia has Closed the Door!

Originally Posted by steve`o
i`m not 100% on this one but again the way i understand it is that once its been lodged and aknowleged the rules on the day of aknowledgement are how the visa proccessed and not what happens there after,
Agreed, so why would the chance of getting a CO be non existent?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australian jobs protected by freeze on foreign workers

Hi all just been doing some reading on this topic and was wondering if it efects us who are going in june , we have pr visas and have had them for 3 years now , been unable to sell house and things like many others but things are right for us now so flights are booked .
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:50 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Am I missing something here? Just because a few occupations, 20 or so I think, have been removed off the CSL it doesn't mean Australia is shutting its doors, they're still on the MODL so you just don't get "fast tracked", if there even is such a thing
If you are looking to get fast tracked still I have read from other people on this thread that you can looked at a state sponsored visa. I have been on immi.gov.au and tried to get some further information about this. Under the Regional sponsorship it excludes some areas which I assume is because they are more densely populated however I cant seem to find any info to suggest any restrictions on state sponsorship for this reason.

Can anyone else shead some light? Louise

Last edited by Dougie; Mar 16th 2009 at 11:28 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

You need to try the state's websites. For example, the Victorian one is here:

Live in Victoria Skilled Visa Options

Do a bit of nosing around and the State sponsorship requirements will be on there.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:47 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi all just been doing some reading on this topic and was wondering if it efects us who are going in june , we have pr visas and have had them for 3 years now , been unable to sell house and things like many others but things are right for us now so flights are booked .
If you have your PR (and validated) you have it and nothing to worry about. The changes just affect those in the system/entering the system from what I see.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
who knows if britain had of been just a little more restrictive on who it let into its shores with no questions asked maybe it would have slightly better unemployment stats and more likely fewer disgruntled uk nationals forget about the big picture every one in eastern europe, asia, middle east want to get into uk ,that just cant work to many people
Do you know anything at all about UK immigration? Take a good long read of the Home Office website for what's involved in emigration to the UK. It's requirements are actually very strict. Do you not think Australians also say the exact same thing about all the immigrants that come to their country? All those "bloody foreigners" taking the Aussie jobs and all.

The vast majority of any country's citizens have no actual idea of how their immigration system works unless they have either sponsored someone or worked in immigration.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:04 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you know anything at all about UK immigration? Take a good long read of the Home Office website for what's involved in emigration to the UK. It's requirements are actually very strict. Do you not think Australians also say the exact same thing about all the immigrants that come to their country? All those "bloody foreigners" taking the Aussie jobs and all.

The vast majority of any country's citizens have no actual idea of how their immigration system works unless they have either sponsored someone or worked in immigration.
Get real Dorothy !

Yes if you are from outside the EU then the UK has restrictions BUT if you are from the EU then there are NO :curse: restrictions ... add to that the masses of illegal/bogus immigrants for which the restrictions don't apply.

Remember Australia has invited us to emigrate to Australia. The immigrants from the EU to UK have NOT !

Last edited by BAY; Mar 17th 2009 at 3:08 am.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

One of the papers yesterday had a comments section, I flicked through 100 or so comments, OMG, lets just say no wonder you see so many Aussie flag type stickers with Eff off its our country type comments. Quite scary.

Some aussies actually felt australia was now full and NO immigration should ever be allowed again, I would imagine a conversation with that type of person would be like speaking to a brick wall.

Another forum 'myth' is how much money UK gives to newly arrived immigrants, jeez that wouldnt happen in OZ would it
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Remember Australia has invited us to emigrate to Australia. The immigrants from the EU to UK have NOT !
They have not what, been invited?

Government policy EU wide is that invitation, in the same way that government policy in Australia is the invitation.

Believe you me, and as jad n rich says, not all Aussies extend immigrants that invitation!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
The Uk government agreed to no restrictions between the EU and the UK so yes all the EU immigrants have been invited...
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Get off your high horse Dorothy !

Yes if you are from outside the EU then the UK has restrictions BUT if you are from the EU then there are NO :curse: restrictions ... add to that the masses of illegal/bogus immigrants for which the restrictions don't apply.

What about the people of the UK who can happily move to another EU country who also have no restrictions? Presumably they weren't invited either? Out of interest, do you have figures for the 'masses of illegal/bogus immigrants'? I know the Daily Mail used to talk about them a lot but I never saw any proof of it - how would you (general) know? Obviously there will be some, just as there are here and in probably every other country in the world but no idea of numbers.

Anyway I thought this thread was about a 'possible but as yet unsubstantiated cut in migrant numbers'. Nothing to do with the UK or anywhere else.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:18 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
They have not what, been invited?

Government policy EU wide is that invitation, in the same way that government policy in Australia is the invitation.

Believe you me, and as jad n rich says, not all Aussies extend immigrants that invitation!

Trouble with the UK method is that there is NO limit !!! and therefore no control
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Trouble with the UK method is that there is NO limit !!! and therefore no control
Like Australia and New Zealand inter-migration you mean?

I think the controls are in some ways built in. The large numbers of people coming from Eastern Europe to the UK over recent years filled the requirements of parts of the economy - many people welcomed them. There is plenty of evidence now to suggest that many of them are leaving the UK for good as the economic situation worsens.

Of course there are people who abuse the system, but I have to admit I tend not to dwell on them because, I believe they are a small minority and it's very difficult to find something intelligent to read about the subject without 'masses', 'countless others' and 'untold millions' cropping up somewhere.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:30 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
What about the people of the UK who can happily move to another EU country who also have no restrictions? Presumably they weren't invited either? Out of interest, do you have figures for the 'masses of illegal/bogus immigrants'? I know the Daily Mail used to talk about them a lot but I never saw any proof of it - how would you (general) know? Obviously there will be some, just as there are here and in probably every other country in the world but no idea of numbers.

Anyway I thought this thread was about a 'possible but as yet unsubstantiated cut in migrant numbers'. Nothing to do with the UK or anywhere else.
You've hit the nail on the head, no-one, including NU-Labour, have figures, because immigration to the UK is uncontrolled.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BAY
Get real Dorothy !

For immigration purposes, there is no "UK", just a Union of European Countries. No different from the USA - if someone wants to move from Arkansas to California then there are no restrictions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.