British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Australian Idol (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/australian-idol-636322/)

nickyjohnt Oct 18th 2009 1:48 am

Australian Idol

How dire is this program. What they need is Simon Cowell to give them all a reality check !!! or bring back Kyle at least he says it as it is. I don't normally watch this program BTW, but my daughter was watching it and even she says it's Crap and she's a 13yr old,

John

The Bloke Oct 18th 2009 1:52 am

Re: Australian Idol

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 8025761)
How dire is this program. What they need is Simon Cowell to give them all a reality check !!! or bring back Kyle at least he says it as it is. I don't normally watch this program BTW, but my daughter was watching it and even she says it's Crap and she's a 13yr old,

John

Better yet, can it altogether....?:D

Rudi Oct 18th 2009 9:41 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 8025767)
Better yet, can it altogether....?:D

It certainly doesn't have much appeal this year. The judges are too nice - BORING!!!

Love

Rudi
x

eeksy Oct 18th 2009 11:59 am

It is very, very poor especially if you watch Idol and then X Factor. I watched Idol before the live shows but gave up. That female judge is just so nice all the time....dahling.

moneypenny20 Oct 18th 2009 2:15 pm

Not really watched it this year. Was too annoyed when Kyle got sacked for a stupid thing that wasn't even his fault on a different media. Had nothing to do with his ability on Idol and he's the only one who tells the truth. Did catch a couple of minutes of Lisa Minnelli doing her simpering, wimpering, positive darling bit. Turned over fairly sharply :blink: There's a guy who's not too bad (if he's still in it) and a girl who wears a stetson a lot. Apart from that they're all crap.

Officer Dibble Oct 18th 2009 2:50 pm

It does seem to be the same variety of 'kids' every year ie; the cowboy hat wearing country kid, the ranga, the emo, the kooky troubled one, the diva and the odd tubby thrown in. Be nice to see people over 30. I might audition next year. Take my tambourine into town and give them a rendition of knees up mother brown.

nickyjohnt Oct 18th 2009 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8026835)
Not really watched it this year. Was too annoyed when Kyle got sacked for a stupid thing that wasn't even his fault on a different media. Had nothing to do with his ability on Idol and he's the only one who tells the truth. Did catch a couple of minutes of Lisa Minnelli doing her simpering, wimpering, positive darling bit. Turned over fairly sharply :blink: There's a guy who's not too bad (if he's still in it) and a girl who wears a stetson a lot. Apart from that they're all crap.

OMG ! Lisa Minnelli , it was so painfull watching her singing last night ! she has so many suck -ups around her no one will ever tell her how awful she is ! :eek:

Nicky

moneypenny20 Oct 18th 2009 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 8026910)
OMG ! Lisa Minnelli , it was so painfull watching her singing last night ! she has so many suck -ups around her no one will ever tell her how awful she is ! :eek:

Nicky

Oooh missed her singing :rofl: 20 years ago she may have been worth seeing, damned if I'd pay out now :eek:

stuckinblighty Oct 18th 2009 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 8026910)

Nicky

All the Minnelli ass kissing was quite frankly embarrassing (vomit smilie)

Aus factor is total and utter garbage

Damson Oct 18th 2009 10:04 pm

At least you didn't have to suffer Whitney Houston last night on X Factor. God it was cringeworthy. As she was moving she noticed that the strap across her back had come undone and both sides were hanging down under her armpit poor dear, thank god it was halterneck or she'd have been in real trouble. Felt sorry for her though, as will any woman who has found herself in a similar position. Also, when interviewed, I swear she'd had a skinful. There had been a massive buildup for her performance, but I think it was a damp squib. We now have it over two nights - talk about dragging it out.

Mrs Cooler Oct 18th 2009 11:35 pm

We thought Liza was on drugs!!! No way should that be on TV......

We did enjoy 'rove' on later as we are just getting into Aussie TV

Mrs Cooler xxx:thumbup:

plantpot Oct 19th 2009 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Cooler (Post 8027633)
We thought Liza was on drugs!!! No way should that be on TV......

We did enjoy 'rove' on later as we are just getting into Aussie TV

Mrs Cooler xxx:thumbup:

I think she kept forgetting what she was saying, she was a geriatric has been....I do like the show for it's comedic value, what planet are the judges from....dicko? He talks nonsense....

Tearose Oct 27th 2009 11:02 pm

Just adding my "two bob's worth" - Bring back Kyle and I want Stan to win :)

The Bloke Oct 27th 2009 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tearose (Post 8051335)
Just adding my "two bob's worth" - Bring back Kyle and I want Stan to win :)

Maybe they'll bring back Kyle if he eventually manages to get both his feet out of his mouth........

Tearose Oct 27th 2009 11:09 pm

It's not the same without him though is it ?