Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian Food is Just Too Goddam Expensive

Australian Food is Just Too Goddam Expensive

Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Food is Just Too Goddam Expensive

Originally Posted by arkon
I wouldn't believe the gadget, I've got one and it only shows half the actual usage, something to do with the way the voltage is split over multiple mains wires coming into the box.
Should be able to work it out from your actual smart meter itself... that can't register wrong... well if it does thats the rate you pay.

There's an online portal for keeping an eye on your energy usage if you have the smart meter and that updates every half an hour.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:16 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Should be able to work it out from your actual smart meter itself... that can't register wrong... well if it does thats the rate you pay.

There's an online portal for keeping an eye on your energy usage if you have the smart meter and that updates every half an hour.
We don't have a smart meter but we do have a new digital meter, installed after our solar panels as they made the old meter run backwards. I take a reading most Sundays & record it on a spreadsheet. I didn't bother until we got the panels but since then I've been messing around with the way we do things. For instance the washer & dishwasher are now set to come on during the night. That way we use economy power at 7 cents per kWh rather than 21 cents in the daytime. That 21 cents actually equates to 47 cents because our solar pays that per kWh during the day.
Only had the panels since last Sept & Ergon owe us $400 bucks already. No bill & a $400 buck credit. At that rate I'll be ahead well within 5 years.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
He's back!

Our breadmaker takes about 3.5 hours but not all of that is baking - which takes about an hour. We set it up on timer and wake up to fresh bread. Worls well and bread tastes great.
But you still have a big hole in the base of the loaf so your only hetting about 9/10's of a loaf...
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:31 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to see how it works out in NSW now O'Fazza ripped up the contracts and slashed the payments. Now I own a place it is worth investigating.
Originally Posted by cresta57
We don't have a smart meter but we do have a new digital meter, installed after our solar panels as they made the old meter run backwards. I take a reading most Sundays & record it on a spreadsheet. I didn't bother until we got the panels but since then I've been messing around with the way we do things. For instance the washer & dishwasher are now set to come on during the night. That way we use economy power at 7 cents per kWh rather than 21 cents in the daytime. That 21 cents actually equates to 47 cents because our solar pays that per kWh during the day.
Only had the panels since last Sept & Ergon owe us $400 bucks already. No bill & a $400 buck credit. At that rate I'll be ahead well within 5 years.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 3:06 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
But you still have a big hole in the base of the loaf so your only hetting about 9/10's of a loaf...
For Poms maybe

Poms - culinary experts par none