The Australian Flag

Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Australian Flag

If I don't post the link, someone will, so here goes. Please don't get abusive while discussing it

"The Australian flag has been banned from this year's Big Day Out in Sydney after organisers branded it a "gang colour" and symbol of hate.

Organisers of the Aussie rock festival at Homebush will confiscate any flag or bandana bearing the national symbol at the gate."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21095538-2,00.html

I'm stunned.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Australian Flag

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If I don't post the link, someone will, so here goes. Please don't get abusive while discussing it

"The Australian flag has been banned from this year's Big Day Out in Sydney after organisers branded it a "gang colour" and symbol of hate.

Organisers of the Aussie rock festival at Homebush will confiscate any flag or bandana bearing the national symbol at the gate."

I'm stunned.

For the sake of a few hooligans, instead of arresting the offending arses, let's assume everyone is guilty

Ridiculous.

PC gone mad
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:27 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be a few quid to be made this year then; selling Aussie Flag T-shirts and bikinis if only I could spare the time.
I wonder if they'll confiscate the bikinis
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
I wonder if they'll confiscate the bikinis
Only if you're wearing one.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That is NOT an image I want, especially at this time of night!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

That is NOT an image I want, especially at this time of night!!!!
LOL...it's his poor wife I feel sorry for

Don't have nightmares Polly [said in same voiceover as Police crime programme ]
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

I'm stunned.
Incredible but i'm not surprised, we've seen this sort of PC rubbish happen all over the UK. Do these fools who make decisions like this not realise that banning flags etc only goes to encourage racism.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi just utterly unbelievable. Whatever next?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Now if there was only a way that those that have posted in the past that one of the reasons they are leaving the UK is because of the PC gone mad attitude could read this thread!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:21 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Well I never! You'd certainly never see some p*ssed up yob in the UK or abroad fighting with an England jersey on

Sad globalised thuggery has taken such a turn.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:30 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm stunned.

Ban the concert.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

What gang
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2

What gang
Sorry, I just realised, the red white and blue gang.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:48 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_russell
we've seen this sort of PC rubbish happen all over the UK...
....in the fevered minds of a few tabloid journalists and some more gullible members of the public. "Union jacks/St Georges cross flags banned" stories usually turn out to be outright fabrications or wilful distortions of the truth on closer inspection.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Australian Flag

Well, it's not being banned:

"We are not banning the Australian flag but are simply discouraging its use for anti-social purposes at the Big Day Out," said a statement this morning on the BDO website.

"In recent times, there has been an increased incidence of flags brandished aggressively and this has led to increased tension. Our only intention in discouraging this activity at the Big Day Out is to ensure that our patrons are not subjected to this aggressive behaviour.

With all this in mind and the aim to create a happy, peaceful MUSICAL event, organisers would like to request that fans please leave their flags at home."
But that's still bloody stupid - and deeply offensive, IMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.