Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australian Coffee in London

Australian Coffee in London

Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Coffee in London

I just discovered 'Flat White' on Berwick Street, Soho. I had a long black and it made me realise I need to readjust to the Aussie coffee - I'm bouncing off the walls after one cup! I'm heading back to Aus in September after 18 months back in the UK and can't believe I didn't discover it sooner - they even have turkish toast! If anyone is wanting to sit and pretend they're in Melbourne it's perfect (though I think it's actually owned by Kiwis)
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Coffee in London

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I just discovered 'Flat White' on Berwick Street, Soho. I had a long black and it made me realise I need to readjust to the Aussie coffee - I'm bouncing off the walls after one cup! I'm heading back to Aus in September after 18 months back in the UK and can't believe I didn't discover it sooner - they even have turkish toast! If anyone is wanting to sit and pretend they're in Melbourne it's perfect (though I think it's actually owned by Kiwis)
Went to a 'trendy new coffee bar' in my old home town last year. Asked for a Latte with extra shot. I have no idea what I got but I felt like I was drinking a bed time drink served in a cup not much bigger than a cappuccino cup Glad you found a good one. That was the last cup of 'coffee' I had whilst I was there. As for the rubbish my mate served me up with her funky shiny coffee machine, well! When I moaned, a friend offered to take me to Starbucks for a 'proper' cup
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Coffee in London

[QUOTE=moneypenny20;7790640]Went to a 'trendy new coffee bar' in my old home town last year. Asked for a Latte with extra shot. I have no idea what I got but I felt like I was drinking a bed time drink served in a cup not much bigger than a cappuccino cup QUOTE]

Thats funny. I have ended up always asking for 'An Americano with an extra shot and only half the amount of water' and really need to have already had a coffee before I get into that level of complex conversation!