Reload this Page >

Australia - summed up

Australia - summed up

Old Dec 31st 2012, 11:48 am
Just Joined

FixedFlush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia - summed up

Originally Posted by Zen10
It is the joint 9th most regulated in the world. So pretty bad, yes.
I tried googling this, no luck. Got a link?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
Hmmm little wonder you're blistering your sidewall with all that driving

Those of us who have lived in "This crappy little backwater" for a couple have years have long since gotten used to using the telephone instead of driving all over the city in search of an obviously 'exotic' tyre. Especially when one of the tyres on the vehicle is obviously defective.

How come you managed to blister the sidewall ? Surely yer not silly enough to run around on remoulds ??

If you give us the size of this seemingly exotic tyre and your approximate location, I'm sure either myself or other forum members will be able to find you a replacement long before the "second week in January".

Happy new year and safe driving
215/70/17

Mazda and Bridgestone decided to corner the market, but have none within a few thousand km

tyres on from buying new, done 30k
Old Dec 31st 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Did you try KMart?
yep

jax
bob jane
bridgestone
beaurepaires

Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Australia summed up in one incident - 31st December and my front left tyre develops a bubble on the sidewall of the tyre. Drive to 5 different dealers and they all tell me it will be 2nd week January before the tyre for my bog standard Mazda is available in QLD and that I shouldn't do any highway driving. Screwing up our plans for NYE.

takeaway the sun and beaches and it's just a crappy little backwater, 20 years behind the rest of the world

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hh.

In Scotland I'd phone Kwik Fit and they'd be at my door in an hour!!
Back to Scotland you go then....not sure why you felt the need to drive to five *FIVE!!) different dealers...most people phone first
Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Scot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to all

^+1, I find it funny you label it "it's just a crappy little backwater" and you're from Scotland, The pot calling the kettle black much.....
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Back to Scotland you go then....not sure why you felt the need to drive to five *FIVE!!) different dealers...most people phone first
well I didn't actually, I phoned five and drove to one.

dramatic effect
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scot_expat
^+1, I find it funny you label it "it's just a crappy little backwater" and you're from Scotland, The pot calling the kettle black much.....
I find it funny you actually believe that my one experience of a tyre actually summarises my feelings on australia, rather than being a rant.

I love alot of things about Australia and can see the benefits of both here and Scotland. 2 years ago there were more opportunities here so I came, now there are more in the middle east and the UK so I'll leave, happy I experienced Australia.

You however are obviously one of the many who had a shit life in Scotland and instead of blaming yourself, blame Scotland.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I find it funny you actually believe that my one experience of a tyre actually summarises my feelings on australia, rather than being a rant.

I love alot of things about Australia and can see the benefits of both here and Scotland. 2 years ago there were more opportunities here so I came, now there are more in the middle east and the UK so I'll leave, happy I experienced Australia.

You however are obviously one of the many who had a shit life in Scotland and instead of blaming yourself, blame Scotland.
Hehe, you think Australia is a backwater and frustrating.....have fun in the Middle East.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hehe, you think Australia is a backwater and frustrating.....have fun in the Middle East.
closer to Europe and tax free, everywhere has positives and negatives.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:20 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Siberia, centrally located in between Europe, North America and India.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Easier to holiday I'll give you that - but as for tax free - well you'll pay for absolutely everything, maybe only a couple of dirhams here or there, but just to go to the park will cost you - it soon adds up.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I got a bolt in my tyre a few months back. There were 2 tyres places within 5minute drive. One guy wanted the business over the other so he offered a good discount. I was back on the road in an hour. Not sure where you "backwater" is but don't let the door smack you in the arse on your way out.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
I got a bolt in my tyre a few months back. There were 2 tyres places within 5minute drive. One guy wanted the business over the other so he offered a good discount. I was back on the road in an hour. Not sure where you "backwater" is but don't let the door smack you in the arse on your way out.
It's Brisbane, a conurbation of several million people, unable to supply a standard tyre for a Mazda CX-7.

Don't know why people are getting so uppity and defensive about it
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

It's Brisbane, a conurbation of several million people, unable to supply a standard tyre for a Mazda CX-7.

Don't know why people are getting so uppity and defensive about it
Because you attack the entire country over your individual and insignificant problem?

It is all about action and reaction.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:59 am
Just Joined

mikeandrach is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread made me laugh. what made me laugh even more is the fact you dont seem to have just considered fitting the spare?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.