Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - summed up

Australia - summed up

Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:23 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - summed up

Originally Posted by neil248
Yes and not beer from QLD as QLD beer is not very good
Now that we can definitely agree on, I am quite fond of Tooheys
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Now that we can definitely agree on, I am quite fond of Tooheys
Coopers is the beer for me.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Have just done a google search because of a previous post and Australia is either the most charitable nation per capita depending on the survey or very near the top so most Australians do care whats going on elswhere. The Uk fares pretty well also.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:03 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it is a class thing, if you had heard how some of the parents at our boys school talked about Woodridge and the people who lived there you would be in no doubt.
That's not class, that's snobbery.

Some of the snobbish people I know, are working class. My father is one of them
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:14 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
That's not class, that's snobbery.

Some of the snobbish people I know, are working class. My father is one of them
It all just semantics.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:37 am
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

They say that when someone from victoria moves to queensland the IQ of both states goes up
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomikev
They say that when someone from victoria moves to queensland the IQ of both states goes up
Maybe.....but you really are dealing with the lower end of the spectrum
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:37 pm
Banned

I spent a lovely day in Ludlow today, that is in Shropshire for anyone not familiar with the area. Ludlow is an absolutely beautiful town with some amazing pubs dating back to the 1300's.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I spent a lovely day in Ludlow today, that is in Shropshire for anyone not familiar with the area. Ludlow is an absolutely beautiful town with some amazing pubs dating back to the 1300's.
Beautiful town, we used to go there a lot as kids. Many happy memories of rambling over the Clee Hills too
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=neil248;10485904]
Originally Posted by Swerv-o
QLD definitely not class ridden then...

Take your point but Woodridge is not representitive of Queensland. It's issues are unemployment, education and housing . ABC news as I type has a resident stating no one likes Woodridgel.

No one would go to Woodridge by choice, not really a class thing.

As for Scot_expat, Ok my simplistic post was Today Tonight wrong but what are you on about! The average Queenslander is to busy making a living for all that bullshit
Reading todays Gold Coast Bulletin my original simplistic post was maybe not completely wrong.

I am wondering if I end up fighting with my neighbours the council will rehouse us as well, quite fancy Clear Island Waters myself.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see the two family groups coming to some agreement. Apparently the lads from the two families grew up together and were friends.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226554676034

Thought the lad from one of the families on the front page of the CM today had guts to admit he was wrong and try and make amends. He renounced violence and also apologised to the uninvolved families/kids in the street who were scared by the fighting.

Last edited by fish.01; Jan 17th 2013 at 10:54 am.