Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - summed up

Australia - summed up

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:38 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - summed up

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Australia summed up in one incident - 31st December and my front left tyre develops a bubble on the sidewall of the tyre. Drive to 5 different dealers and they all tell me it will be 2nd week January before the tyre for my bog standard Mazda is available in QLD and that I shouldn't do any highway driving. Screwing up our plans for NYE.

takeaway the sun and beaches and it's just a crappy little backwater, 20 years behind the rest of the world

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hh
In Scotland I'd phone Kwik Fit and they'd be at my door in an hour!!
Really ? Since when did Kwik Fit do home call outs ? The Kwik Fit I used to go to would fix or replace my car's tyre or exhaust but I had to take the car there.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:44 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

the spare isn't a full size tyre and isn't suitable for belting up and down the pacific highway at 100km/hr, therefore is of no help
but thanks for your contribution
Not a full size tyre ? What, did you cut it in half so it would fit in the boot of your car ?

Or did you put a bicycle tyre in so you could use a hand pump to pump it up ?

Why do you drive around without an adequate spare tyre and the knowledge to fit it ?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Thy have been doing mobile tyre fitting for years, you can also book it online in 2 mins not even have to speak to anyone.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mikeandrach
this thread made me laugh. what made me laugh even more is the fact you dont seem to have just considered fitting the spare?
It was this remark alone that de me laugh !
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:55 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Not a full size tyre ? What, did you cut it in half so it would fit in the boot of your car ?

Or did you put a bicycle tyre in so you could use a hand pump to pump it up ?

Why do you drive around without an adequate spare tyre and the knowledge to fit it ?
You have no idea what a space saver tyre is do you ? The clue is in the name
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:56 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Really ? Since when did Kwik Fit do home call outs ? The Kwik Fit I used to go to would fix or replace my car's tyre or exhaust but I had to take the car there.
Here you go
http://www.kwik-fit.com/mobile-home.asp
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:00 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland has an excellent "nick-quik" service in some areas, that provides complete wheels and tyres.

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Scotland has an excellent "nick-quik" service in some areas, that provides complete wheels and tyres.

Its fantastic to know that the Scots have exported that thriving industry to Sydney's western suburbs, its not just whisky and shortbread.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:25 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Its fantastic to know that the Scots have exported that thriving industry to Sydney's western suburbs, its not just whisky and shortbread.
I will say that in all the time I spent in Scotland, including some of the rougher areas of Glasgow, i was only ever shown kindness and goodwill, and was never robbed, threatened or abused.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:45 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

I will say that in all the time I spent in Scotland, including some of the rougher areas of Glasgow, i was only ever shown kindness and goodwill, and was never robbed, threatened or abused.
Yeah but what about outside the nunnery?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:47 am
Banned

Equally the time I spent in Sydneys western suburbs was in a fast moving car with the doors locked
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my tyre, Australia is great :-)
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:27 am
Not allowed opinions.

Got my tyre, Australia is great :-)
Out of interest Bob, what car does it fit? If you are driving a Maserati in maroochydore......
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest Bob, what car does it fit? If you are driving a Maserati in maroochydore......
nope, just a bog standard Mazda CX-7. By the way, ever been to Kuala Lumpur, got an interview for a job there tomorrow, need to get some info. on it quick
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:41 am
Not allowed opinions.

nope, just a bog standard Mazda CX-7. By the way, ever been to Kuala Lumpur, got an interview for a job there tomorrow, need to get some info. on it quick
Been a while since I was there. Great place. Strong economy, well located, good expat life, sort of cleaned up Indonesia. Maids are cheap, nice lifestyle for an expat.

Other guys on BE might have more details.

Good luck with the job.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.