Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - My honest opinions

Australia - My honest opinions

Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - My honest opinions

Originally Posted by copa
During my last visit to family in the UK i witnessed a person yell "stupid monkey" at a pub television when an african footballer made a bad error ... I also heard people discussing gypsies while using very nasty words.... what a racist nation.

Some songs at the football were about "shooting the pompey scum" .. even though 1000s and 1000s were singing this it never made the media or press. Something similar in the australian national rugby league would be massive news in Australia .... this is because the UK accepts violence and thuggery as normal everyday behaviour. It is so uncivilised in the UK these days. It's great days are well behind it..

The UK ---> A violent and racist society.

Im afraid that when I lived in the UK I despised the gypsies/travellers and have a fine selection of words I would use to describe them as well.

Violence and thuggery - words that the travellers know very well. You are very lucky that you have had only positive experiences with these people.

I would never ever choose to live near a travellers campsite and the more distance between us the better.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:33 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
School uniforms are hideously expensive!
I heard the other day from a credible source, that many organised criminal gangs are diverting their efforts away from illegal drugs/people trafficking, and instead are setting up clandestine textile factories in regional australia to manufacture copies of school uniforms in order to sell them on the black market.

However the parents and teachers associations are extremely powerful organizations in their own right. Don't be surprised when this war ends in tears.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:40 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Virgin socks?
Where I am from long socks pulled up the knee are "virgin socks".
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:41 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

1000s of people singing about shooting and killing another group is newsworthy in many countries. It's so common the uk media ignores it. Very uncivilised place.

You need to get out more. It's a footy song. Plainly you know nothing about English football.

I asked my mother,
What shall I be,
Shall I be Pompey?
Shall I be Saints?
Here's what she said to me,
Wash your mouth out son,
Go get your father's gun,
And shoot the Pompey scum,
And support the Saints.
(We hate Pompey, We hate Pompey)

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Jan 12th 2010 at 2:46 am.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:44 am
Banned

lol.. NRL crowds are like a church meetings compared to many football crowds. My wife used to live next door to St James' Park ... good god .... that place was crazy.
Quiet with no atmosphere?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Having a spotty youth poking around inside your bag will NEVER make sense. Little tip for the OP - place underwear, tampons, condoms, or something of the same ilk on top of the contents of any bag. Works a treat and can give hours of amusement.
Alternatively, when they say "I want to see whats in your bag".....show them....ALL of it. By emptying the bag onto the counter. Again gives hours of amusement as they say "oh no no I don't mean empty it" and you reply "you want to see whats in it, well here ya go......"
I get particular pleasure from doing that in Coles, when I pop in to buy a tin of something on my way to work. They find themselves dealing with the contents of a full rucksack AND a laptop bag, all spread across the counter, and they have to wait ages while I repack it all properly. Some of the staff there have now seen sense and no longer ask "What's in that bag?" Maybe if more of us took a stand against it, instead of the meek Aussie "she'll be right" attitude of compliance, things might change.

Good one I will try it next time when shopping
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:49 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
You need to get out more. It's a footy song. Plainly you know nothing about English football.

I asked my mother,
What shall I be,
Shall I be Pompey?
Shall I be Saints?
Wash your mouth out son,
And support the Saints.
what a small catch ... i'm throwing you back in.

What a great example of accpeting violence and threats in songs. That's why the UK is so uncivilised. lol
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:50 am
Banned

Of course. I believe you.

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Jan 12th 2010 at 2:52 am.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:54 am
Banned

What a great example of accpeting violence and threats in songs. That's why the UK is so uncivilised. lol
I will say it again so you can understand. You don't understand English football otherwise you wouldn't make silly comments.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Do they have to wear a blazer, virgin socks and a straw hat?

Some of the kids in Sydney do, poor things. It's child abuse.
Yes! Why on earth do they have to wear a school blazer even in summer in Melbourne??!

And you'd think that the summer uniform would be made of cotton/some material that's more breathable. But no, think it's mainly polyester and the cloth is so rough. Poor kids.

And all the stuff is made in China and the quality leaves much to be desired. So just can't justify the extortionate prices at Bob Stewart.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I asked my mother,
What shall I be,
Shall I be Pompey?
Shall I be Saints?
Wash your mouth out son,
And support the Saints.
Errm Melbourne V Adelaide.... to the Adams Family

Your Sister is your Mother
Your Father is your Brother
You all shag each other
The Adelaide family .

Best sung at Hindmarsh

I'd leave football out of the equation

There are worse as well
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by IndieG
Yes! Why on earth do they have a school blazer that is required even in summer in Melbourne??!

And you'd think that the summer uniform would be made of cotton/some material that's more breathable. But no, think it's mainly polyester and the cloth is so rough. Poor kids.

And all the stuff is made in China and the quality leaves much to be desired. So just can't justify the extortionate prices at Bob Stewart.
I feel for them. They have to sweat buckets while looking like pillocks.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Errm Melbourne V Adelaide.... to the Adams Family

Your Sister is your Mother
Your Father is your Brother
You all shag each other
The Adelaide family .

Best sung at Hindmarsh

I'd leave football out of the equation

There are worse as well
That's just copied from England.

Funny though.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

That's just copied from England.

Funny though.
Yeah thought so....

I reckon the Ideal target would have been Burnley.... By either Preston or Blackpool.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:11 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

I will say it again so you can understand. You don't understand English football otherwise you wouldn't make silly comments.
wooooosh.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.