Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - My honest opinions

Australia - My honest opinions

Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:28 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - My honest opinions

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The use of 'Spazzy' gets me too but hey, it's a different culture ...
They are quite blatant about it too, they have big signs on the side of the road outside shops saying "SPAS"
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yehp that is suprisingly common..... Not aimed at me I hasten to add.... From having lots of Teenagers around the place.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:07 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
They are quite blatant about it too, they have big signs on the side of the road outside shops saying "SPAS"

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yehp that is suprisingly common..... Not aimed at me I hasten to add.... From having lots of Teenagers around the place.
I like the trucks driving around with 'Frigmobile' on the side ... I mean, THINK of the children.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:10 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I find the word mong is used way too much. Don't think people really understand what it means.

Same as "bugger me", I usually reply with "not now I am busy" or "are you sure I am a big boy". Cue blank stares.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:11 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I like the trucks driving around with 'Frigmobile' on the side ... I mean, THINK of the children.
I reckon there are loads of naked women and waterbeds in the back of these "frigmobiles".
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:11 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

scary thing is that they probably are
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:14 am
I'm Old Gregg!

I was at a service station the other day parked behind a van with the company name in massive foot high letters

"MUNTER"
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:15 am
Banned

I was at a service station the other day parked behind a van with the company name in massive foot high letters

"MUNTER"
Was the driver an ugly barsteward?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I find the word mong is used way too much. Don't think people really understand what it means.

Same as "bugger me", I usually reply with "not now I am busy" or "are you sure I am a big boy". Cue blank stares.
"You Berk!" is also used without thought for it's origins.

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I reckon there are loads of naked women and waterbeds in the back of these "frigmobiles".
scary thing is that they probably are
Well stacked cargo has to be a good thing.

(edit) They are called Prime Movers, maybe they could be renamed Prim Movers and only allowed to transport ladies with skirts below knee-length and a distaste for absent-minded dabbling.

I fear we have drifted off-topic ...

Last edited by DeadVim; Jan 15th 2010 at 5:19 am.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:21 am
I'm Old Gregg!

I fear we have drifted off-topic ...
Whatever happened to thos chocolate bars?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:23 am
Mostly Harmless

Whatever happened to thos chocolate bars?
Had a hazelnut in every bite as I recall ... I could use a Topic now or maybe a Double Decker ...
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:34 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asprilla
Answer me this chrissystevo.

why is it that some people move to perth and think that it is the greatest place on earth, whereas others move there and think that it is terrible?

They are both talking about exactly the same place. The same streets, buildings, beaches and restaurants. Why the differing views?
I took my dog for an hour long walk today. It was lovely. 25c, overcast, but still nice. Lots of birds in the air and in the fields and my dog had a great time jumping in the lakes chasing the ducks.

I took my dog for an hour long walk today. It was bloody awful. 25c, overcast, but with 80%+ humidity. I got back home and looked like I had been for a swim I was that soaked in sweat. Despite being covered in tropical strength mozzie spray I still managed to get two more bites to add to my collection. I then had to spend 10min checking my dog over for ticks to make sure he doesn't drop dead overnight and then check my ankles for any leeches I might have picked up.

Both of those stories apply equally to my walk today. How you feel about your general lot depends on how you report the story.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:39 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Aussies do not call Indian looking Asians Pakis...... Personally I dont believe you.
You can tell the difference by looking?

That's like saying you can tell the difference between an Englishman and Scotsman by just looking at them.... ignoring the fact that one would be wearing a skirt and strangling a tartan octopus.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:41 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
<snip>strangling a tartan octopus.
Is that a euphamism in the school of 'choking the chicken'?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:42 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I took my dog for an hour long walk today. It was lovely. 25c, overcast, but still nice. Lots of birds in the air and in the fields and my dog had a great time jumping in the lakes chasing the ducks.

I took my dog for an hour long walk today. It was bloody awful. 25c, overcast, but with 80%+ humidity. I got back home and looked like I had been for a swim I was that soaked in sweat. Despite being covered in tropical strength mozzie spray I still managed to get two more bites to add to my collection. I then had to spend 10min checking my dog over for ticks to make sure he doesn't drop dead overnight and then check my ankles for any leeches I might have picked up.

Both of those stories apply equally to my walk today. How you feel about your general lot depends on how you report the story.
Very true..

Its a bit like the start of a relationship - all those lovable characteristic foibles which are completely endearing turn into deliberate attempts to provoke justifiable murder involving a skewer, a turnip and a pint of canola oil.

Or is that just me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.