Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia - My honest opinions

Australia - My honest opinions

Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - My honest opinions

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Having a spotty youth poking around inside your bag will NEVER make sense. Little tip for the OP - place underwear, tampons, condoms, or something of the same ilk on top of the contents of any bag. Works a treat and can give hours of amusement.
Alternatively, when they say "I want to see whats in your bag".....show them....ALL of it. By emptying the bag onto the counter. Again gives hours of amusement as they say "oh no no I don't mean empty it" and you reply "you want to see whats in it, well here ya go......"
I get particular pleasure from doing that in Coles, when I pop in to buy a tin of something on my way to work. They find themselves dealing with the contents of a full rucksack AND a laptop bag, all spread across the counter, and they have to wait ages while I repack it all properly. Some of the staff there have now seen sense and no longer ask "What's in that bag?" Maybe if more of us took a stand against it, instead of the meek Aussie "she'll be right" attitude of compliance, things might change.
thinking /talking about this bucket of sh!t makes me vomit! I honestly say, aussies are mental. sorry.

My life was just like a nightmare in oz. I even had a big fight (push&pull) with a biiiiiiiiiiiig thief at MacDonald (sydney Harbour bridge),cos I had my bagpack (passport and everything) snatched while I was sitting in the chair and have a rest .. but nobody cared or called the police. How Ridiculous Is That.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jan 12th 2010 at 4:08 am.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:02 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
If you think the Travellers who plague the UK are 'honest and hard working' and 'very nice folk indeed' then we are talking about two different groups of people.

I stand by my original statement that they are parasites.
sadly not an unusual attitude..

You're tarring everyone with the same brush.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
that's horrible. do they drink xxxx?
Yes and they discuss fords and holdens at bbq's.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yes and they discuss fords and holdens at bbq's.
it gets worse..

are they broncos fans?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:07 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

wooooosh.......
Copa...are you a British Expat??? Your views do not seem to indicate that you are. The very nature of this forum is that British Expats who have commonality can discuss/argue/insult each other having similar backgrounds.
The UK v Oz thing is simply those of a simliar ilk expressing likes/dislikes of life here based upon their UK born experience. Thus comparisons can be made in an informed manner.
If a non British Expat jumps in then the same experiences are not held and so their arguments have no substance. Your opinions of UK would probably be better off in another forum, like I Hate UK or something like that. Not saying that what you have heard/experienced about the UK is wrong, just that this group, as per its title, serves the UK ex pat community, not the rest of the worlds!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im afraid that when I lived in the UK I despised the gypsies/travellers and have a fine selection of words I would use to describe them as well.

Violence and thuggery - words that the travellers know very well. You are very lucky that you have had only positive experiences with these people.

I would never ever choose to live near a travellers campsite and the more distance between us the better.
I'm with you on that one, I have seen at first hand the digusting mess, the intimidation and the complete and utter lawlessness that emanates from every shithole they set up.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paddyo
Copa...are you a British Expat??? Your views do not seem to indicate that you are. The very nature of this forum is that British Expats who have commonality can discuss/argue/insult each other having similar backgrounds.
The UK v Oz thing is simply those of a simliar ilk expressing likes/dislikes of life here based upon their UK born experience. Thus comparisons can be made in an informed manner.
If a non British Expat jumps in then the same experiences are not held and so their arguments have no substance. Your opinions of UK would probably be better off in another forum, like I Hate UK or something like that. Not saying that what you have heard/experienced about the UK is wrong, just that this group, as per its title, serves the UK ex pat community, not the rest of the worlds!
oh dear. lol...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:14 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

sadly not an unusual attitude..

You're tarring everyone with the same brush.
They contribute zero to society but expect handouts from the State in return. The very definition of being parasitic.

As a group they have a, fully deserved, reputation for being trouble where ever they go and for exploiting people.... but hey, your lot are obviously different.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:17 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't see why people should be just told to accept things - don't countries ever change then?

25% of people in Aus were born overseas, many of them are Australian citizens, surely they're entitled to speak up if they think Aus can learn something from the way things are done in other places. Or is Australia so close minded that that would be unacceptable?
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
They contribute zero to society but expect handouts from the State in return. The very definition of being parasitic.

As a group they have a, fully deserved, reputation for being trouble where ever they go and for exploiting people.... but hey, your lot are obviously different.
when i visit family (including my gypsy relatives) back in the UK they often complain about how much tax they have to pay for all the hours they work in various industries. I tell them to migrate out here with the rest of us and relax a bit ... but they won't... they love the uk too much to leave.

I know your type.... i've seen and heard it all before.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:19 am
Social Grenade Thrower

some of my (distant) family are of gypsy stock. This is not a wind up. This is true. ... i always have a great time when i meet up with them.... they are honest and hard working.. very nice folk indeed. Unless you are just displaying some sort of misplaced humour ..I'd say your post is one of the worst I've seen on here.
Do NOT get true Gypsies confused with Travellers, different entities completely, Gypsies emanate from middle Europe, Travellers emanate from Ireland.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:23 am
Social Grenade Thrower

when i visit family (including my gypsy relatives) back in the UK they often complain about how much tax they have to pay for all the hours they work in various industries. I tell them to migrate out here with the rest of us and relax a bit ... but they won't... they love the uk too much to leave.

I say it again, you are not getting the point...Gypsys and Travellers are two seperate groups. Travellers are without exception, filthy, lawless, aggressive non tax paying carbuncles on UK society. Gypsies just have dubious australian relatives!!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:24 am
Social Grenade Thrower

oh dear. lol...
So??? What is your born heritage??? Lack of an answer leads me to think my assumption is correct!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:25 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

You must be ****ing joking !!

You obviously don't have a bloody clue about the people we are talking about about. I suggest you just keep quiet about it before you make yourself look an idiot.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

fmd ... the "f**king" makes it an insult. That is clear.

No need to cringe when watching the cricket. The language is used differently here. It's that simple. It's like when they call NZers Kiwis during the cricket.. or Jonathan becomes Jonno, David becomes Dave etc..no big deal at all.

I suspect many immigrants from the UK will turn "paki" into an insult in Oz by constantly telling people verywhere it is rude... when it actually is rather benign.
I don't know what planet you are from but Paki is insulting whether it is said in the UK, Australia or anywhere else. To suggest it is the same as turning David into Dave or Jonathan becoming Jonno is ludicrous. I suppose you think calling someone a nigger in Australia is also benign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.