Wikiposts

Australia the Movie

Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:29 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold
Default Australia the Movie

I was quite looking forward to seeing this. The review in the Telegraph makes it sound even more interesting... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...the-movie.html
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia the Movie

Planning on seeing it in the next couple of days. Some people get very patronising about stuff that by it's very nature is supposed to be entertainment I guess, as with most other films, the bums on seats will decide if it's any good. Never taken a reviewer's pov as gospel on anything. Not going to start now
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:32 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by harrip
I was quite looking forward to seeing this. The review in the Telegraph makes it sound even more interesting... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...the-movie.html
It looks a bit like a rip off of that thing she did with Tom Cruise years ago when they went to America.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
It looks a bit like a rip off of that thing she did with Tom Cruise years ago when they went to America.
Far and Away if I remember rightly. Pile of poo that was but I always blamed Tom Cruise because he's crap and a weirdo Not to mention well creepy.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:51 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Far and Away if I remember rightly. Pile of poo that was but I always blamed Tom Cruise because he's crap and a weirdo Not to mention well creepy.
That's the one, got Day's of Thunder stuck in my brain and couldn't move past it.

It seemed very similar to trailers I've seen for Australia.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Except that Hugh Jackmans character was loosely based on the life of a Western Australian author.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005368,00.html
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

That's the one, got Day's of Thunder stuck in my brain and couldn't move past it.

It seemed very similar to trailers I've seen for Australia.
That was also a crap movie but again, Tom Thumb couldn't act his way out of a paperbag so where's the surprise?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

That was also a crap movie but again, Tom Thumb couldn't act his way out of a paperbag so where's the surprise?
oh mp he was superb in interview with a vampire stop picking on wee folk
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by kporte
Didn't see it. Tom and Brad Pitt - recipe for a crap movie. Brad Pitt is nearly as crap an actor as the short weird guy - unless he's playing himself of course.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I agree, interview with a vampire is the one exception I will make for that little toad.
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't see it. Tom and Brad Pitt - recipe for a crap movie. Brad Pitt is nearly as crap an actor as the short weird guy - unless he's playing himself of course.
Nearly as bad as Nicholas "I play the same character in every movie" Cage
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

thats the point. both a bit crap but great in that movie. who would have thunk it!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Nearly as bad as Nicholas "I play the same character in every movie" Cage
Oh, I love Nicholas Cage - he was my most favourite vampire of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmNP0OlfQ7c
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
Oh, I love Nicholas Cage - he was my most favourite vampire of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmNP0OlfQ7c
Oh dear did you also think Titanic was a good film?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Oh dear did you also think Titanic was a good film?
Absolute shite - my kids loved it and used to play it all the time, so I taped over it. But I do think Leonardo is brilliant - the first movie we ever saw him in, my husband thought he was actually intellectually impaired (what's eating gilbert grape).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.