Australia habitat?

Old Nov 12th 2014, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia habitat?

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yes but WHERE do they disappear too? That is the question!
Somewhere outside. I may try Cresta's Mortein solution below.

Originally Posted by cresta57
You're wasting your time spraying, that just kills the ones in the house. They breed faster than you can spray. To eliminate them, if that's what you want to do, you need to put bait down that they take back to the nest. It will kill the whole nest. That or the mortien spray it comes in a bulk pack with a spray thingo attached & you do the full house perimeter. Mortein - innovative, effective and easy to use pest control products
I have discovered they now have a predilection for my scented toilet paper and are all over the roll.

It's a bit annoying when you need the loo and have to de-ant the loo roll first.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Our pest control mate brings around a puffer full of white powder, you find the nest, puff the stuff down it and it kills the whole colony.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

You're wasting your time spraying, that just kills the ones in the house. They breed faster than you can spray. To eliminate them, if that's what you want to do, you need to put bait down that they take back to the nest. It will kill the whole nest. That or the mortien spray it comes in a bulk pack with a spray thingo attached & you do the full house perimeter. Mortein - innovative, effective and easy to use pest control products
Originally Posted by Alfresco
Somewhere outside. I may try Cresta's Mortein solution below.

I have discovered they now have a predilection for my scented toilet paper and are all over the roll.

It's a bit annoying when you need the loo and have to de-ant the loo roll first.
Originally Posted by Kim67
Our pest control mate brings around a puffer full of white powder, you find the nest, puff the stuff down it and it kills the whole colony.
This morning I've found where the ones in the bathroom are coming from
My bath is tiled and there is a tiny bit of grout missing from one on the edges, leaving a hole, there was loads of them coming out of there. I'll get some stuff for them today.

Cheers!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

This morning I've found where the ones in the bathroom are coming from
My bath is tiled and there is a tiny bit of grout missing from one on the edges, leaving a hole, there was loads of them coming out of there. I'll get some stuff for them today.

Cheers!
We had the same but they kept coming back. Solved it by ramming a tiny piece of white tack in the hole. If you can't deter them; close the door.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Everything that moves wants to and can kill you.. Land, water and air..

Sharks, jellyfish in the sea. Crocs in the rivers. Spiders and snakes virtually everywhere..

Magpies on the cycle paths!!

.....and the morning alarm clock is a real killer.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
We had the same but they kept coming back. Solved it by ramming a tiny piece of white tack in the hole. If you can't deter them; close the door.
Didn't they eat through the white tack? The ones I have ate through the last lot of silicon the landlord put round the path
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Didn't they eat through the white tack? The ones I have ate through the last lot of silicon the landlord put round the path
No, perhaps they don't like the taste.

The little blighters used to come back every few days after spraying but the tack solved it.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:44 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Mortein - innovative, effective and easy to use pest control products[/url]
I use the Raid equivalent. It has a battery operated pump which, when you have a large house, saves you from hand cramp
Attached Thumbnails Australia habitat?-2550127.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

That's a good idea about the tack, not so sure about the door.

I went to bunnings and got armed up to the hilt with AntRid pest spray for outside and other bits and bats, they haven't been back yet, touch wood.

Originally Posted by rasen78
I use the Raid equivalent. It has a battery operated pump which, when you have a large house, saves you from hand cramp
Old Nov 14th 2014, 10:38 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Now I'm sure there is a ROMFT comment in there
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Just been for a walk with the family in Lakes Entrance and just seen Dolphins at play and seals chillin' in the wild. Just beautiful. I'll get the pictures on when I get back home next week.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 9:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just been for a walk with the family in Lakes Entrance and just seen Dolphins at play and seals chillin' in the wild. Just beautiful. I'll get the pictures on when I get back home next week.
Look forward to seeing them

There's been a lot of kangeroos about on my drive to / from work. Seeing them all in the fields makes me smile - big kid at heart I think
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Look forward to seeing them

There's been a lot of kangeroos about on my drive to / from work. Seeing them all in the fields makes me smile - big kid at heart I think
Hopefully they will be decent pics as I used a proper camera this time,not my phone.

There's something really special about seeing nature in its own habitat isn't there? Funnily enough I haven't seen a roo since I've been here, hopefully I'll see one this week
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:05 am

Hopefully they will be decent pics as I used a proper camera this time,not my phone.

There's something really special about seeing nature in its own habitat isn't there? Funnily enough I haven't seen a roo since I've been here, hopefully I'll see one this week
If they're there again tomorrow, I'll see if I can stop and get you some pics
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If they're there again tomorrow, I'll see if I can stop and get you some pics
Aww that would be nice. Thanks.