Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Australia BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

The Australia BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Diamond Jubilee

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
*thread blended*
Explanation please? Have I doubled up somewhere?
Also does anyone know if the concert will be televised here?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it last night, mainly to see the flypast - and it was shite. Where were the Typhoons and Tornados? The Lancaster, Spitfires and Hurricane were great but Dakota, King Airs (all American planes and leading the show), Red Arrows - boring as batshit.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Explanation please? Have I doubled up somewhere?
Also does anyone know if the concert will be televised here?
It was on last night but you can download it from UKNova or The Box.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me that the UK is dosed up on events...the wedding last year reminded everyone that royal is still cool..of course, Kate and wills (tm)get wheeled out..

you have to remember that many people like an excuse for a public party....give it a few months and it will be business as usual....
Old Jun 6th 2012, 2:56 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Australia BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

is the taxpayer paying for all these ceremonial stuff?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar

OMG I missed most of it due to time differences but that which I saw has left me (almost) speechless and decidedly homesick.
Of the little I saw some of the most touching moments were of the crowds walking slowly down The Mall behind rows of police officers towards the palace.No one was pushing, shoving or running and the whole procession was an orderly mass of flag waving good humoured subjects of the queen.Magnificent.

I have to agree, didnt see much of it at all, royal family are not my thing. But when I saw the mall shots and the concert shots on the news I got a tear in my eye. Probably in a wish I had been there way.

Even the teen commented how much goes on overseas and even he wished he could have experienced that sort of atmosphere.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:16 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commonwealth
It must be coming out of the GBP325 billion (and counting)of QE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing
Old Jun 6th 2012, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have gone to that concert if you paid me. Well maybe, depends on how much.

The street parties in the local communities looked brilliant though
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian tax payer is paying for the Governor General to be part of it all in London.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:45 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

no most of it was paid for by big business sponsorship
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:47 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see much of Diana or Fergie in the sentimental family footage ...
Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I think she looks extremely touched at Charles' words. Though he could have said Mum or Mother. Mummy is a tad extreme.
The crowd loved it...

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I didn't see much of Diana or Fergie in the sentimental family footage ...
They're long dead and buried....
Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Any concert that includes Elton John, Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams and Rolf Harris is going to be a bit wanky.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Do you mean the Gary Barlow song? My bestie was part of the Military Wives Choir and I saw her close up! So proud of her. And miss her loads. Made me surprisingly homesick. However, it's meant to be Summer and my brother said it's going to be -1 in Manchester tonight - hahahaha!

Certainly not! I didn't watch the concert, I watched the service at St Paul's. It was an anthem especially written for the service, and the Diamond Choir consisted of youngsters aged 10-13 from each region of the UK together with the choristers of St Paul's. Beautiful and very moving.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds much more up my street but I was proud of my friend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.