Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Australia BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

The Australia BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:02 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Australia BritExpat cyber DIAMOND JUBILEE STREET PARTY

Originally Posted by renth
Must be a good atmos in England at the moment, what did the Roman's say? Bread and circuses. That's what the powers that be are giving the "plebs" back in the old country.
My son is at uni in Wales at the mo and got to see the Olympic torch go through. It's really got him all caught up in the atmosphere what with that and the jubilee weekend. It's a nice time for him to be there, he may not experience that type of thing again.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
My son is at uni in Wales at the mo and got to see the Olympic torch go through. It's really got him all caught up in the atmosphere what with that and the jubilee weekend. It's a nice time for him to be there, he may not experience that type of thing again.
Yes, true. Imagine how depressing it's going to be the day after the olympics is over?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Did they manage not to burn down any cottages with it?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:14 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Did they manage not to burn down any cottages with it?
Not as far as I know, but it's still early days
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Not as far as I know, but it's still early days
I see the've routed it around the scummier bits of Medway ... probably for the best, not a good global look.

Last edited by DeadVim; Jun 1st 2012 at 1:46 am.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:12 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I see the've routed it around the scummier bits of Medway ... probably for the best, not a good global look.
I know this is the Daily Wail, and one needs to take their "news" with a pinch of salt, but the visual I had in my head of this made me laugh
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Jubilee Event
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:36 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Sue
I know this is the Daily Wail, and one needs to take their "news" with a pinch of salt, but the visual I had in my head of this made me laugh
Very good, I can imagine the scene

In other news: "Jim Bowen to make a comeback after stroke"
Old Jun 1st 2012, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone mention artic roll?

Celebrations and jubilations from the NZ Street Party.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

No party is complete with out cadbury's chocloate fingers, fairy cakes, tuna sarnies. i'll even splash out on a bottle of ribena for the kids and wine for the adults.

Hard to belive the last jubilee party i went to i was a kid lol
Mandy
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the silver jubilee because we were living in Turkey. It was different then - no TV, no internet, no English papers, no international phonecalls unless you were very lucky. It was hard to pick up the atmosphere by way of a telex. But the expats did get together for a small garden party one evening.

I did, however, get a Coronation glass courtesy of the council or the government. I distinctly remember the official lady giving them to my mum over the front garden gate. I still have it.

So I might bring it along to the celebrations if you all promise to not to break it.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

I love the atmoshere in UK when there is a special(Royal ? ) event.I`m missing it too.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the Silver Jubilee well, still have my mug too! I was in the UK for the last Royal Wedding too, which was great. Shall be pretty homesick this weekend I reckon - lots of time spent online looking at pics!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Son & heir and I spent two nights outside the Abbey so we would have front row views of the Royal Wedding last April.It was an amazing experience.the best bit was the fantastic atmoshere and mood of the crowds who sat with us waiting........................................... .............nothing like a British EVENT!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

A load of oul patriotic bollox,oh hang on did someone mention free booze

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.