Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is Australia better for our kids?

Wikiposts

Is Australia better for our kids?

Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia better for our kids?

Originally Posted by fraser
For one I disagree with the article as I don't think the crime is any worse in the UK than here.

I think the education here is worse.

Yes the weather is better.

But it's pros and cons.

Not sure which is best and nobody will ever know unless you can get two exact same kids in both places at the same time growing up.
Its all happening in Poland mate, shortage of brickies too, they all emigrated.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Its a bit scary, worried if they sell potatoes there or voddie, or clogs, or cannabis.

Can someone tell me whats best for us, poland or holland, which suburb would be best.

I know you'll be Ok for everything except Potato's. I heard they were just too expensive!

I think I'd go for Holland, somewhere near Rossebuurt should be just fine. I had a mate live there once, she retired at 18 and is now living in a ten bed detached house with a pool
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:45 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know you'll be Ok for everything except Potato's. I heard they were just too expensive!

I think I'd go for Holland, somewhere near Rossebuurt should be just fine. I had a mate live there once, she retired at 18 and is now living in a ten bed detached house with a pool
The coke and E's are way cheaper than here too
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The coke and E's are way cheaper than here too

They do roaring trade in Banana's (and cucumbers) as well
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard they can get smelly when used in the red light district
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nah mate, that's a bit of a fishy tale I think.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

grunty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
We think so.

One of the maion reasons we moved here was to give our children a better start in life away from the hell hole that is the UK.

Now we read this report on the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6359363.stm

Seriously though..

I think it's much better...in some ways

but worse...in some others

and errrr.. the same in yet different ways

Hope that helps
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:54 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

You can wash 'em in a dyke.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Well, I think it's better for my kid (2 year old, so she'd be happy almost anywhere ...) ... there is more space than compared to the equivalent situation in the UK (given our salary expectations and where you could reasonably live), there is more outdoorsy life. I have yet to experience the school system but I am happy with the pre-schooling.

Space and room to breath is the key and I have more than I could possibly have dreamed about. The weather is nice too.

Your mileage may of course differ but I wouldn't subject my daughter to life in the UK now whatever the incentive was. Not to say that you can't be happy in the UK but given the choice there is no choice for me.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Your mileage may of course differ but I wouldn't subject my daughter to life in the UK now whatever the incentive was. Not to say that you can't be happy in the UK but given the choice there is no choice for me.

I can say that's how I feel too.

The UK is fine, but it's only good if you can afford to live in a really nice area. We couldn't do that there, but we can here and hopefully in a few years time when my two younger kids are at the leaving school age, I'll be able to offer them a lot more than I have been able to give my 19 year old son.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:17 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's something like this mate:

Australia is better than the UK.

Not it's not.

Yes it is.

No it's not.

Yes it is you tosser.

No it's not, take your 'rose tints' off.

Yes, it IS.

NO IT'S NOT you ignorant w&^^$$

Then after 40 pages, one of the mods comes and tell you to stop getting personal.

Then after another 5 pages the threads closed, everyone goes on their way and gets ready to start all over again in about 4 weeks time

You spelt w&^^$$ wrong mate.....

ZX......

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2007 at 4:41 am. Reason: BE would prefer it spelt that way.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
You spelt w&^^$$ wrong mate.....

ZX......

I thought it didn't look right

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 14th 2007 at 4:41 am.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:03 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Quote from yahoo new page

The UK is the worst place in the entire developed world for a child to grow up. According to the UN, Britain has the unhappiest, poorest, unhealthiest and most neglected children of the world's 21 richest nations.

Think that says it all
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:06 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
Quote from yahoo new page

The UK is the worst place in the entire developed world for a child to grow up. According to the UN, Britain has the unhappiest, poorest, unhealthiest and most neglected children of the world's 21 richest nations.

Think that says it all
This is the third thread started on this today. Yawn.......
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:20 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
This is the third thread started on this today. Yawn.......
Sorry, I don't have time to read every thread started in any given day.

Seriously, we have been living here in Queensland for 2 and a half years and could not be happier with the move.

We are not really outdoorsy but get out on our boat from time to time and manage some nice walks with the kids, life here is good.

We never got to do any of that sort of stuff in the UK as it was always wet and miserable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.