Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Australia to Allow Women to fight in the front line and special forces

Australia to Allow Women to fight in the front line and special forces

Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:03 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women on the front-line in Afghanistan?

In a word No.

Women don't belong anywhere near Infantry, Artillery, Tanks or COMBAT Engineers let alone SF. Mainly due to fitness, and yes maybe one or two might pass but that tokenism would be even worse.

The armed forces of any nation should have one job and one job only, which is to defend the nations interests. It should manifestly NOT be to reflect society and act as a social experiment.

A quick look at the recruit fitness requirements for the ADF shows what happens when you apply "equality", to the forces. The ARMY level is below that required of me, a fat old knackered matelot, which is plain ridiculous.

Having served on both mixed and stag ships I can tell you that unit morale and cohesion was far far better on the stag ships.

then again I'm a crusty grumpy old dinosaur so what do I know
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
In a word No.

Women don't belong anywhere near Infantry, Artillery, Tanks or COMBAT Engineers let alone SF. Mainly due to fitness, and yes maybe one or two might pass but that tokenism would be even worse.

The armed forces of any nation should have one job and one job only, which is to defend the nations interests. It should manifestly NOT be to reflect society and act as a social experiment.

A quick look at the recruit fitness requirements for the ADF shows what happens when you apply "equality", to the forces. The ARMY level is below that required of me, a fat old knackered matelot, which is plain ridiculous.

Having served on both mixed and stag ships I can tell you that unit morale and cohesion was far far better on the stag ships.

Fk all
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:14 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
The reason that everyone ignore's is the sex. They keep saying that women don't have the stamina etc but it's nowt to do with that.

I had a mate came back from Afganistan recently and popped over to perth to visit. He showed me photos of his oppos in the unit. They are not infantry but pretty close and he was giving me a commentry of which of them he'd shagged and which he hadn't. He also was telling me about the bickering that went on in the unit, the Sgt's shagging her so we'll have to pick someone else ETC.

This is the problem. It destroys the unit cohesion. It's nice to see lasses out and about in the unit but the army is not a social experiment. It is real life, and people will/ getting killed because of it.

Remember Helen of Troy!

Keel
All that shagging and there wasn't even one woman in the unit

Helen of Troy was a civvie.

Did you know that 1 milliHelen is the amount of beauty required to launch a ship?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 11:44 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
In a word No.

Yes, time to STFU, get the smoking jaicket oot, and stick the pipe in the auld gub.

"During the wawr".......
Old Jun 15th 2011, 11:46 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
[/COLOR]

Yes, time to STFU, get the smoking jaicket oot, and stick the pipe in the auld gub.

"During the wawr".......
Shouldn't you be on the front line instead of harassing old men?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 11:49 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Shouldn't you be on the front line instead of harassing old men?
Probly
Old Jun 15th 2011, 11:52 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Probly
Twirl that kilt again and we will forgive you...
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
he was giving me a commentry of which of them he'd shagged and which he hadn't. He also was telling me about the bickering that went on in the unit, the Sgt's shagging her so we'll have to pick someone else ETC.
The same thing is happening in the Navy onboard warships.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Australia doesn't need the ADF.

Just a couple of nuclear armed subs and a bigger coastguard to keep the reffos at bay.

All this debate about women in the front line would be a moot point.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
The same thing is happening in the Navy onboard warships.
That's always gone on aboard warships - it's just that now women are involved
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:48 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's always gone on aboard warships - it's just that now women are involved
The Navy motto:

Never leave you mates behind.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

The Navy motto:

Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The Navy motto:

I have a friend in the UK who is ex-RN - and he lives in Brighton, the gay capital of the UK......

Oh, the fun we have winding him up, even more so because he always reacts!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I have a friend in the UK who is ex-RN - and he lives in Brighton, the gay capital of the UK......

Oh, the fun we have winding him up, even more so because he always reacts!
When I was nursing in Torquay, Devon, the chef at the nursing home was ex navy - and oh we wound him up something terrible. It didn't help that he was a bit camp anyway, but when we all went to his house for a party, his house was immaculate and painted in pastel colours throughout (pinks and lilacs). We never got invited again.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't read all the posts but really don't understand why on earth women would even want to be on the front line.

There are rolls for women but that isn't one of them. Just how far do some women want to take this business of women and men being equal or the same in every facet of life?

Don't think most women would agree that men are equal to them in many traditional female roles....or do they?

Also this thing now for a number of girls feeling the need to act tough to the point of resorting to violence rather readily,what's that all about?

Don't think the fact that other nations have females on the front line in their forces is here or there.

Besides being potentially unsettling in the ranks there is also the consideration that enemy combatats would fight harder to not suffer the indignity of being captives to women forces contributing to the other side.

If women insist an all women brigade perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.