Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussies do not want our support.

Aussies do not want our support.

Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:02 am
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice
Default Re: Aussies do not want our support.

Originally Posted by bridie
Probably because we realise there's more to life...

What you mean shopping, hair do's, and spending hubby's money.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
You might laugh at it but you have a very good point Sir, women do not count when it comes to mens sport, they just do not understand the feeling blokes hold to be honest...they could watch a game of footy and see their side lose and just get on with the washing up where a bloke would be distraught for days..
I in turn would have to agree with that.

Lady sports commentators should stick to the sports they know; netball and . . . er . . . badmington . . . and heaven forbid they should ever get on Match of the Day.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you did there . . . and I liked it.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by framac67
If your so patriotic, why leave.
Er...it's called something to do with my wife.

I now live in Australia and enjoy it, but i ALSO love England, which is my home country. I will follow England in any sport because I'm patriotic, though I also hope the Aussies do well.

People who don't seem to understand are obviously not real sports fans. If you're brought up as a real fan, eg in football, you can NEVER support any team other than the one you were brought up to follow, such as my club team (the less said the better) and England. To me, and most right thinking people, anybody who emigrates and then chooses to slag off their home country is pathetic. As much as I like Australia, my team will always be England, and the Aussies themselves wouldn't have it any other way. It's not as if I even have an Aussie accent - why would i pretend to be Australian? I have residency in Aus, but not citizenship, as I have no interest in taking it out.

Anybody emigrating and then following 'their' 'new' country against their home country...??? = Sad. What are they trying to forget/deny?????
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough

And of course my above post was for any men OR women who actually understand the concept of sport and patriotism.

No, that doesn't have to mean gangs of drunks in pubs as somebody said...
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:39 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

That is the biggest load of crap that people bang on about ever, I have never heard a proper fan say we will win anything “we know we are crap) it is the media that blows it all up out of proportion, in all my years of supporting England in every sport I HAVE NEVER EVER hears a true supporter say we will win any tournament.
This is rubbish, I hear this all the time too off my English mates. Not all, but a large proportion. What I HAVE never heard was any English football or rugby fan say they're crap and would never win!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TrentEnd
People who don't seem to understand are obviously not real sports fans. If you're brought up as a real fan, eg in football, you can NEVER support any team other than the one you were brought up to follow, such as my club team (the less said the better) and England.
Why do you have to have been brought up with a sport to be a real sports fan? Can you not become a real sports fan later on in life?

To me, and most right thinking people, anybody who emigrates and then chooses to slag off their home country is pathetic.
What, even if they don't like or even hate their home country?

Anybody emigrating and then following 'their' 'new' country against their home country...??? = Sad. What are they trying to forget/deny?????
Sad? Behave. Not everyone has the same kinship/feeling of belonging to their home country as you obviously do. Nobody is forgetting or denying anything by supporting their new country, they're simply stating a preference for them in that particular field.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

I now live in Australia and enjoy it, but i ALSO love England, which is my home country. I will follow England in any sport because I'm patriotic, though I also hope the Aussies do well.

People who don't seem to understand are obviously not real sports fans. If you're brought up as a real fan, eg in football, you can NEVER support any team other than the one you were brought up to follow, such as my club team (the less said the better) and England. To me, and most right thinking people, anybody who emigrates and then chooses to slag off their home country is pathetic. As much as I like Australia, my team will always be England, and the Aussies themselves wouldn't have it any other way. It's not as if I even have an Aussie accent - why would i pretend to be Australian? I have residency in Aus, but not citizenship, as I have no interest in taking it out.

I so hope that you think this of all the immigrants to the UK, that they should never follow their new country, hey maybee they should not learn English either, why deny where they are from hey????!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:49 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

This.

But with slightly less vitriol. And I'm from Scotland originally and we're shit at everything. I still wouldn't support any other nation over them and the same with my football club.

However, I might frown on swapping allegiances but that's about it. I don't really see the point of getting one's knickers in a twist.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:25 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
This is rubbish, I hear this all the time too off my English mates. Not all, but a large proportion. What I HAVE never heard was any English football or rugby fan say they're crap and would never win!

When have you ever heard a football fan say we will win the world cup....saying we have a good chance as all fans of half decent fans do is not the same at all.
[B]And I have heard loads of Englismen say we were crap when the qualifiers for the European Championship was going on with Steve Mclaren in charge....are you Scottish or something.

Last edited by earlswoody; Nov 6th 2008 at 2:29 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:54 pm

Right before the last one England qualified for. And the one before that and all the Euro Championshipd in between.

And you know I'm scottish, its in the post right above your last one.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:55 pm

And as for the time when McLaren was in charge, not even the biggest optimist working for the crappiest tabloid would have gone on record saying they'd win anything!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

some people think less about borders and countries and more about the world as a whole. don't forget, countries were made up by men , and are pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things. personally, i think anybody getting their panties all tied up about tribalism is a bit sad. it's a throwback to our neanderthal ancestors, who needed this response in order to survive.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

Gotta say its the media in England that has got to be held accountable.
They go way over the top when England are doing well and they are complete tawts when england are doing bad.
I dont think the Poms are half as bad as the aussies for talking there own team up.
But I actually like that quality in them. Im an optimist not a pesimist (is that spelt right? )
As I said earlier on I watched GB win gold or should I say Scotland win gold at curling at the olympics.
Geez I cant believe I actually got up in the middle of the night to watch 4 Scottish brides push a stone around some ice with a brush.
What was I thinking
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

no, i'm a not a sterotype

things like family and pets and other stuff that actually MATTERS in life....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.